Pick ONE favorite song from each Guns N'Roses album. Just ONE!

Pick ONE favorite song from each Guns N'Roses Albums! Part 1  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Appetite For Destruction'. Paradise City. Paradise City is my ONE favorite song from Appetite For Destruction Album. It is ethereal! 😍πŸ₯°

Β 

GNR Lies. Reckless Life is my ONE favorite song from GNR Lies. What a fun song! 😍πŸ₯°

Β 

Use Your Illusions Album Part 1. Perfect Crime is my one favorite song from Use Your Illusions part One. Axl REALLY outdid himself on Perfect Crime, the BEST song on UYI Part 1 😍πŸ₯°

Use Your Illusions Part 2. Estranged is my one favorite song from Use Your Illusions Part 2 album. What a deep and meaningful song! 😍πŸ₯°

The Spaghetti Incident. Since I Don't Have You is my one favorite song from The Spaghetti Incident. What a romantic and beautiful song! 😍πŸ₯°

Β 

Chinese Democracy. IRS is my one favorite song from Chinese Democracy. The ENTIRE song is beyond phenomenal and the 8 second of True gets aΒ  mental standing ovation from me every single time!😍πŸ₯°

Β 

What about you? What is your ONE favorite song from each Guns N'Roses Album? πŸ₯°πŸ˜

Β 

Β 

Edited by Karice

AFD:

Nightrain. Just a great high octane rockin' track. (Honorary mention to Mr. Brownstone as a VERY close second. With such iconic drums.)

Lies:

Move To The City

Great track almost funky in a way.

UYI I:

Currently it's probably Right Next Door To Hell. Maybe. πŸ€” Tough call.

UYI II:

Pretty Tied Up. Super cool guitar riff throughout and the song is just fun.

(Locomotive often switches places with this track.)

TSI?:

Hair Of The Dog. - This is just an excellent cover of this song. They kick it up a notch further as they always manage to with their covers. But I just really like their take on it.

Chinese Democracy:

Chinese Democracy. Love the guitar riff. Love the punchy feel of it combined with the lyrics - it just pumps you up. The two solos showcase Robin and Bucket brilliantly, but also blend so well into one cohesive piece. What a track.

(This was another close one as There Was A Time is also just incredible with amazing vocals and guitar work - stellar solos. And This I Love is another close one - fantastic stuff - the solo on that is amazing too.)

Edited by sploit
correction

• janrichmond changed the title to Pick ONE favorite song from each Guns N'Roses album. Just ONE!
11 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

It's So Easy
One in a Million
Back off Bitch
You Could Be Mine
Black Leather
Shackler's Revenge

Favorite non album track
Silkworms

Β 

You are truly a ""Go against the grain," Guns N'Roses Fan because MOST Guns N'Roses Fans wouldn't pickΒ  any of theΒ  songs you chose as your favorite songs. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Edited by Karice

Welcome to the Jungle. Could have been other songs form this classic album but Jungle's got it all. This is GN'R anno 1987.
Reckless Life. A few years ago it would have nee Patience or probably One in A Million as I held my nose. But I have grown to love this song for what it represents and similarly to Jungle, how quintessentially GN'R it is. It is not only the music, it is the mood, the intensity, kids with the feeling that there is no tomorrow.Β 
Don't Damn Me. This was nuGN'R of the 90s. Slash doing his thing and doing it brilliantly. But how fantastic it could have been if Izzy and Slash had written it together based off Slash's awesome riff, some interplay, some back and forth, some dynamics. Still, when the guitars take on an almost orchestral form at the end, it is glorious. Great lyrics from Axl.
Locomotive. Much as with Don't Damn Me, this is not "GN'R". GN'R is dead, long live GN'R. This is Slash coming back from sessions with Dave Mustaine, this is Slash in an alternate world playing chugging percussion guitar with Josh Homme, this is Slash asking Axl to shut up and sing, this is Slash telling the world Izzy is not needed. Stoner rock on speed. Perhaps the best lyrics Axl ever wrote.
Raw Power:Β  I wish they'd done Seek & Destroy but this is a gem and one of the few songs where I actually appreciate Duff's singing. Shares some qualities with Reckless Life, although the punk is more pure on RL than this version of RP.
There Was A Time. And this is Axl telling the world Slash is not needed. Not only my favorite song from Chinese Democracy, it is in my top 5 GN'R songs of all time despite its flaws. A simpler version would have been better, but it still gives me goosebumps almost every time. Hail Bucket, hail Axl.

Edited by SoulMonster

2 hours ago, Karice said:

You are truly a ""Go against the grain," Guns N'Roses Fan uns N'Roses Fan because MOST Fans wouldn't pickΒ  any of theΒ  songs you chose as your favorite songs. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

I was trying to choose ones that kinda grabbed me when I first heard them for the first time. Appetite was tough though. I heard the 3 singles before getting the CD but first time I heard It’s So Easy I’m like β€œthis is great”. Β Same thing when Shacklers leaked

Welcome to the Jungle - just a perfect hard rock song, lots of different parts thruout the song, doesn't get old, moves along perfectly

You're Crazy - while One In a Million is great, a bit too long, and You're Crazy has given us some GOAT live performances

November Rain - can't live without it

You Could Be Mine - another perfect hard rock song, so much energy

Human Being - just like Axl's vocals on this one

Better - close call between this and TWAT. The dumb choir + bird noises in the beginning of TWAT was the dealbreaker.