The SESAC Situation

For those who don’t know yet, SESAC is a song distribution company that’s responsible for carrying many artists on streaming services, including Adele, Green Day, Bob Dylan, Alice In Chains, MGMT, Lady Gaga, Nirvana, and our very own Guns N’ Roses, among many more.

YouTube has now had a falling out with SESAC, so almost every video associated with these artists has now been blocked from the site (including YouTube Music). Most of GnR is gone from YouTube now. This even includes stuff like live bootlegs. The only stuff that survived is the recent shit like Hard Skool.

Discuss.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this only impacts America.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 3

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah some covers also seem to have survived, like LALD.

On the other hand, I suppose covers of GN'R songs by other artists have been affected. Same with non GN'R songs Axl has a writing credit for, e.g. Stuck Inside.

• Like 1

Aw man, you truly don't know what you have until it's gone. 😫 I didn't even know what SESAC was until this very thread. I guess we're all going to have to listen to Crazy Singing Videos to be able to listen to Axl's singing for the time being . Speaking of Crazy Singing Videos, he has a video that focuses on Axl's "true," from IRS and it is JUST Axl's vocals for the "true," with no music and Axl's "true," is TRULY(No pun intended, 🤭) beyond phenomenal . 😍🥰😀 knew it was already phenomenal from the original recording of IRS but the vocals only version of it is once again TRULY beyond phenomenal.  🥰😍😀Axl sounds like a siren in the vocals only that Crazy Singing Videos uploaded! 😀🥰😍

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           Bob is building an army again.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂         ☻/   Bob is against SESAC.
Il███████████████████]       /▌    Copy and Paste this all over Youtube
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤          / \

40 minutes ago, Karice said:

Aw man, you truly don't know what you have until it's gone. 😫 I didn't even know what SESAC was until this very thread. I guess we're all going to have to listen to Crazy Singing Videos to be able to listen to Axl's singing for the time being . Speaking of Crazy Singing Videos, he has a video that focuses on Axl's "true," from IRS and it is JUST Axl's vocals for the "true," with no music and Axl's "true," is TRULY(No pun intended, 🤭) beyond phenomenal . 😍🥰😀 knew it was already phenomenal from the original recording of IRS but the vocals only version of it is once again TRULY beyond phenomenal.  🥰😍😀Axl sounds like a siren in the vocals only that Crazy Singing Videos uploaded! 😀🥰😍

Ever heard of a CD? 💿 😂

6 hours ago, Ratam said:

Accord Ultimate Classic Rock site SESAC and Youtoube reach an deal. The videos return in gradually form.

A video of Paradise City Audio (Oxymoron I know, 😉😏) is back on YouTube, but the audio sounds slightly messed up like if someone recorded it from their phone from their cassette and uploaded it to YouTube, a kind of warped and muffled sound. 🤔💡

25 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I take it that this issue has not been resolved? Just checked YouTube, and looked for videos from a few of the artists mentioned above, and everything was there. Just watched part of the Estranged video, and part of Green Day's Basket Case with no problem.

Do you mean NOW been resolved? Cause if so: Yes, the issue is now resolved.

• Like 1