How have your Guns N'Roses opinions changed? πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Personally I'm over GnR as a live touring entity, I would be fine with them never playing live again. I've seen this lineup 3 times and last year's show was the most boring one for me, although it was cool to see them do PTU, Bad Obsession, DotF etc. Axl is all over the place vocally, Slash is noodling through all the solos and looked kind of bored for part of the set, Frank still ruins the songs for me, and there's still no proper original new music from them that they've written together in the time that they've been together. I mean next year will be 9 years of reunion and all we've gotten are some leaks and some recycled NuGnR era stuff. They had a golden opportunity to write and release something around 2017/2018 (or even have 1 song ready in 2016) and they completely blew it, so now even if they do release more songs or an album the music industry isn't really going to care. Reunited GnR is no longer a big deal. At this point I would rather see more SMKC albums (hopefully something good and fresh) and see them play live, and see Slash do other fun projects on the side. I'll still go see GnR if they come to my city but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Personally I'm over GnR as a live touring entity, I would be fine with them never playing live again. I've seen this lineup 3 times and last year's show was the most boring one for me, although it was cool to see them do PTU, Bad Obsession, DotF etc. Axl is all over the place vocally, Slash is noodling through all the solos and looked kind of bored for part of the set, Frank still ruins the songs for me, and there's still no proper original new music from them that they've written together in the time that they've been together. I mean next year will be 9 years of reunion and all we've gotten are some leaks and some recycled NuGnR era stuff. They had a golden opportunity to write and release something around 2017/2018 (or even have 1 song ready in 2016) and they completely blew it, so now even if they do release more songs or an album the music industry isn't really going to care. Reunited GnR is no longer a big deal. At this point I would rather see more SMKC albums (hopefully something good and fresh) and see them play live, and see Slash do other fun projects on the side. I'll still go see GnR if they come to my city but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.

I REALLY hate to say this, but we Fans are partially to blame for this. If we Fans didn't shell out the money to see current/recent Guns N' Roses do endless touring, the Guns and their Rose Brother would have been forced (Or that coerced) to make new albums. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, Karice said:

I REALLY hate to say this, but we Fans are partially to blame for this. If we Fans didn't shell out the money to see current/recent Guns N' Roses do endless touring, the Guns and their Rose Brother would have been forced (Or that coerced) to make new albums. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

No I don't think so, if they wanted to they would've recorded something and put it out, touring has nothing to do with it. At this point new music isn't going to move many tickets and they know that.

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Have you seen GNR live? If not, then that’s a good enough reason for them to still be out there. Plenty of people haven’t seen the band or still want to. There will come a time sooner than later when all of these classic rock artists will be retired or gone.

90% or more of the people in the audience don’t care too much about new music. Their creative peak is long gone and their legacy is cemented. This era since 2016 is the victory lap. As a diehard fan, I’d always welcome new music, but that just isn’t where Axl is putting his energy into.

I was upset when I realized the reunion wasn’t going to lead to another creative resurgence, but as time passes, the less and less I care about that. Ive gotten a lot of mileage out of the reunion era and have seen them 7 times since 2016. I have a lot of good memories attached to those concerts.Β 

Plus, a lot of us forum old- timers now have closure when it comes to the leftover Chinese tracks. Through leaks and releases we know what most of those speculative old titles sound like. We also got the Sound City album and some live albums since 2016 which I enjoy. All said and done, it’s been a good decade to be a GNR fan imoΒ :shrugs:Β Low band drama, consistency, good overall shows, old deep cut songs back in the set, some β€œnew” songs, the two live albums, etc.

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

No I don't think so, if they wanted to they would've recorded something and put it out, touring has nothing to do with it. At this point new music isn't going to move many tickets and they know that.

This ^

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Karice said:

Hmm. A LOT of Guns N' Roses Fans said that Perhaps is a REALLY PHENOMENAL song , one of the BEST Guns N' Roses songs ever, not justΒ  okay, πŸ€”Β 

I don’t think anyone has said that it is one of the best. It’s a nice, simple tune with a cool Axl hook l, but it isn’t close to one of their best. I dig it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Reunited GnR is no longer a big deal. At this point I would rather see more SMKC albums (hopefully something good and fresh) and see them play live, and see Slash do other fun projects on the side. I'll still go see GnR if they come to my city but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.

Β 

Basically this, I might trek over to Vancouver with some family if they come around but I'm not gonna bother travelling to the states again to see them, unless they drastically change things up.

At this point, of all the GNR-related projects, Slash's Blues Ball is by far the most interesting... really hope he does an original album with them, Tash is strong enough to carry an album and Michael is a beast.