SMKC5 in the works!

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Axl shouldn't have a say, but it could create tension between Slash & Duff and Axl. VR came out of an era where relations between Axl and Slash were bad, so a reforming of VR could dig up old wounds. 

At the very least, it would be nice if they opened the VR vault with a special release.

Honestly I don't think Duff and Slash care about VR at all anymore. They put out that 20th anniversary Contraband and it was mainly Matt promoting it (Dave mentioned it too), and it was a pretty disappointing release too. Unfortunately I don't think there's any chance now of us hearing the unreleased stuff.

And a reformed VR wouldn't be the same at all. VR still had an element of danger and unpredictability like classic GnR did but those guys aren't like that anymore.

Personally I want more SMKC and I hope they can knock it out of the park on this next album. Seems like they're having a good time jamming right now, hopefully some cool stuff will come out of that. And they did have a lot of leftover songs from earlier too; I think it would be worth revisiting some of those as well. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Honestly I don't think Duff and Slash care about VR at all anymore. They put out that 20th anniversary Contraband and it was mainly Matt promoting it (Dave mentioned it too), and it was a pretty disappointing release too. Unfortunately I don't think there's any chance now of us hearing the unreleased stuff.

And a reformed VR wouldn't be the same at all. VR still had an element of danger and unpredictability like classic GnR did but those guys aren't like that anymore.

Personally I want more SMKC and I hope they can knock it out of the park on this next album. Seems like they're having a good time jamming right now, hopefully some cool stuff will come out of that. And they did have a lot of leftover songs from earlier too; I think it would be worth revisiting some of those as well. 

Agree, "New VR" wouldn't make sense to anybody except Matt maybe.

Slash still mentions sometimes that VR wasn't a good time for him at all anyway.

• Like 1

NuVR would be so dumb. Scott is long dead and Slash and Duff have been comfortably back in GNR for almost a decade where they represent VR with Slither. Nobody is wanting a NuVR, it is impossible to recapture that with their age and without Scott. They have like, maybe 6 songs that people would really remember and want. Hardly a reason for a fake resurgence and Slash and Duff know that. 

Uh, Axl was playing Slither with them and they're doing CD tracks. Of course it wouldn't be an issue.

But it wouldn't even really be VR anymore with a new singer.

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

NuVR would be so dumb. Scott is long dead and Slash and Duff have been comfortably back in GNR for almost a decade where they represent VR with Slither. Nobody is wanting a NuVR, it is impossible to recapture that with their age and without Scott. They have like, maybe 6 songs that people would really remember and want. Hardly a reason for a fake resurgence and Slash and Duff know that. 

However, that's 6 more memorable songs than SMKC has had on the last two albums... and nothing they ever did approached Slither or Fall To Pieces level.

The VR brand has much more cache than SMKC. But IDK who you would ever find as a singer. It's an arduous and tedious task that Slash has already done countless times; Snakepit MK I, Snakepit MK II, VR, and again with VR after Scott left. If they didn't find anybody they liked in 2009, they probably won't now. Unless that Greta Van Fleet singer wants to ditch his brother and that band, lol. He's got a great voice being wasted on mediocre songwriting.