Trump used November Rain last night at a rally

Subtle Signs

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

GnR will be late no doubt to the standard 'We do not endorse this campaign and our music was not given wit permission' blah blah. I hate trump as much as the next guy but he can use any music he wants if it is indeed a spotify playlist at a dance party. 

His swaying to November Rain should be his 5th indictment though.... 🫣

9 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I don't like Trump as a person and I think he's too old to be president but I really don't get the general default Trump hate. What has he done to America that makes people hate him so much? Can Americans enlighten me why he is so bad? No irony, not trying to stir shit, not taking sides, but living in Europe, I really don't have the insight Americans might have about his politics and agendas.

What I know for a fact is Trump actually went to North Korea in person and talked with their leader peacefully. Not much came out of that, but in my opinion talking is always better than war.

From what I understand, Trump also did not start a war while he was in office, while under Biden/Harris inflation went through the roof and the situation around both Ukraine and Israel escalated badly, yet all I hear from them is more war talk instead of offering solutions and trying to make peace. I don't understand how anyone could vote for Harris for all she's shown while being vice president. She could have done so much and so much better, she already does have a lot of power and look what it did to America and the rest of the world.

Even the Russian leader offered peace, under conditions that might not be acceptable for Ukraine and their allies, but still he generally offered, multiple times. A smart western politician would have taken that opportunity to at least talk and maybe initiate negotiations towards peace. But no one seems interested and Biden/Harris just further escalated, while Trump repeatedly said he wants to end the Ukraine war. So why do Americans hate Trump so much? From my European perspective, he's by far the lesser evil compared to Harris. But maybe I'm just too stupid and don't know anything.

Many...but disbaring alone, he's a twice (after defaming) been found liable for sexual assault against a woman...still waiting for that payout Donald! Also many more have alleged and he's on record with how he treats woman....he can't even own his these mistakes when the evidence hits him like pissing in the wind....

Should the most powerful man in the world be a misogynistic ego massaged maniac...  

Probably not wise...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think it's very amusing how people think there's no place for being political in GNR. They released Civil War and Chinese Democracy, FFS! :lol:

Well, maybe you should ask some Mexicans and Latinos living in US. Also, the failed coup attempt inflated by him. Or maybe the racists comments on Haitians. 

Not saying Harris is perfect. About the wars, I'm sure Trump is very happy with Israel killing children all over Middle East and, if he got elected, he wouldn't make any effort to stop this genocide. Maybe he would even help it.

The Middle East has been and is a disaster zone. I wouldn’t want to touch that situation in any way. I’ve been listening to debates about it for a very long time. All of the killing is unfortunate. I’m not sure if anyone has a viable solution. There are probably none that all sides will agree on. Sad situation all around. Same with Ukraine, but to a lesser extent. The people are always the biggest losers in wars. It would have been great if neither started, the Israel thing had been brewing for decades. So that’s not surprising. Will be interesting to see how far it goes with Iran too, and the US response to it all. Not good.

10 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I hate trump as much as the next guy but he can use any music he wants if it is indeed a spotify playlist at a dance party. 

Actually, it isn't legal to play Spotify at a public event because you need a "public performance license." I know a lot of bars will connect iPhones to their speaker system and play music, for example, but that's similarly not legal. Trump, like others, just use the music without permission.

If artists want to make public statements letting people know they didn't allow their music to be played and they don't endorse the candidate, I don't see what the problem is there.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I wasn't there and didn't watch it but I did see an ABC news report that disagrees with your assessment.  The reporter said that he stopped taking questions due to multiple people needing medical attention in the audience and that most attendees seemed to enjoy the format change.

I watched a good amount of the video - Trump stopped taking questions because he didn't want to answer any other questions and saw it as an out.  Playing music did nothing but fill time, the people who needed medical attention were being looked at and cared for regardless

From what I saw, the quaint little event had your typical MAGA audience, so I am sure they enjoyed dancing to the gay anthem that is the YMCA while being blissfully unaware of the irony of the music choices and having a great time while their Presidential nominee deflects and stares into space :lol: 

It is just super strange.  Like, it reminds me of a teacher who walks into class and plays a movie because they didn't feel like teaching that day.... except Trump is in the most crucial time for this election having the ability to campaign in battleground states like there in PA

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/donald-trump-responds-musicians-campaign-event-pennsylvania-1235802858/

Trump Campaign Accuses Critical Musicians of Trying to Keep ‘Half of the Country’ From Enjoying Their Songs

The statement from the RNC came a day after Rufus Wainwright and the Village People took issue with the Republican presidential candidate playing their songs during Monday's event.

In a statement to Billboard, RNC spokesperson Taylor Rogers noted that the campaign has the appropriate licenses from performing rights organizations BMI and ASCAP to play the music heard at the town hall in Oaks, Pa. on Monday during which the twice impeached former President halted the planned Q&A session to cue up a playlist of his favorite songs. “It’s a shame that some artists want to limit half of the country from enjoying their music,” Rogers said.

The unusual event hosted by Trump in one of the most crucial swing states was intended to be a back-and-forth with voters. But less than an hour in, after an audience member required medical attention Trump halted the proceedings and inexplicably asked his team to fire up Schubert’s “Ave Maria.”

The strange sight of convicted felon Trump doing a swaying dance to the instrumental version of that song instantly became fodder for mockery on late night programs and news casts on Tuesday. Democratic rival Kamala Harris’ X feed piled on with a trolling statement saying “hope he’s okay” along with video from the event of Trump solemnly swinging side-to-side as he listened to his playlist in the overheated room.

Let’s not do anymore questions. Let’s just listen to music,” Trump said after a second audience member reportedly fainted from the heat. “Personally, I enjoy this,” Trump said. “We lose weight. We could do this, lose 4-5 pounds.” He then asked his for his sound person to cue up a second version of the funeral and church service staple “Ave Maria,” requesting a vocal version sung by Luciano Pavarotti.

“We’ll do a little music. Let’s make this a musical-fest,” said Trump, whose unusual request prompted NBC News to report that the incident once again put the focus on Democrats’ questions about 78-year-old Trump’s mental acuity with just three weeks to go before the Nov. 5 presidential election; if elected a second time, Trump would be the oldest president in the nation’s history.

In addition to the “Ave Maria” double-down, Trump spun Rufus Wainwright’s cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah,” as well as Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing Compares 2 U,” Oliver Anthony’s “Rich Men North of Richmond,” Guns N’ Roses’ “November Rain,” James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World,” Elvis’ “An American Trilogy,” the Village People’s “Y.M.C.A.” and Andrea Bocelli’s “Time to Say Goodbye,” another song often played at funerals.

Edited by Subtle Signs

25 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I watched a good amount of the video - Trump stopped taking questions because he didn't want to answer any other questions and saw it as an out.  Playing music did nothing but fill time, the people who needed medical attention were being looked at and cared for regardless

From what I saw, the quaint little event had your typical MAGA audience, so I am sure they enjoyed dancing to the gay anthem that is the YMCA while being blissfully unaware of the irony of the music choices and having a great time while their Presidential nominee deflects and stares into space :lol: 

It is just super strange.  Like, it reminds me of a teacher who walks into class and plays a movie because they didn't feel like teaching that day.... except Trump is in the most crucial time for this election having the ability to campaign in battleground states like there in PA

Well, like I said I didn't watch it and really don't care to.  I don't think anybody can say for sure what his motivation was.  I just don't really see why he would just decide to use an out to not take questions at this one event  but then do a bunch of other town halls and interviews where he didn't do it.  

Also, maybe the "typical" MAGA audience doesn't have the prejudices that you assume they do.  It's not exactly like YMCA is subtle.  A lot of people think Born in the USA is patriotic but you have to really listen to the lyrics to know that it is an anti-war song. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not American but from the top of my head here is why he is a bad choice for the US and for the world.

For the US:
- He fosters division and polarity through his remarks and statements
- He undermines democracy by refusing to accept elections 
- He undermines democracy by threatening to punish people opposed to him
- He is an extremely bad role model, something presidents should be
- He is weakening women rights
- He seems to have a poor grasp on evidence-based reasoning
- He has no qualms about making whatever lie that serves his purpose
- He is not in favor of strengthening gun laws
- He doesn't seem to actually have any solutions to anything but just say whatever his supporters want to hear

1) So do the Democrats.  His most "divisive" statements and remarks were edited and taken out of context to gin up hatred of him.

2) If he refused to accept the election he wouldn't have left office.  

3) While the Democrat party is actually trying to punish him, something that he didn't do

4) He's not a great role model but neither was Bill Clinton

5) Not really.  "Women's rights" translates to abortion rights.  As a result of his Supreme Court appointments, that issue became an individual state issue because there is no federal law.  Not that long ago, when Obama first became President, Democrats held both houses of congress and had a supermajority in the Senate which meant the Republican party couldn't stop any legislation.  If "women's rights" were so important to them, they could have passed a law that made this a non-issue.  They didn't because they care less about actual abortion rights and more about being able to use it as a campaign issue.

6) Not sure what you are referring to with this one

7) As do pretty much all politicians

8) Neither am I along with tens of millions of other people who are US citizens.

9) Well, he was President for 4 years and things were doing very well over here in the USA until COVID hit.  His policies were working OK.  

As far as your issues for the rest of the world.  All I know is that, while he was President, no war started anywhere and Putin didn't invade Ukraine which he did while Obama was President and then again when Biden was President.  Every country's policies should be to put your own country first.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

So many salty gunners here... maybe keep politics out of the forum if you're offended by a song being played in public 🤔 

Free publicity I'd have thought? Rather hear a GNR tune played than the current top 40 crap at a rally..

Haters gonna hate I guess 🤷 😉

Oops, looks like you were offended by the comments above you. No need to be salty.

I'm sure you responded "keep politics out of the forum" to the two threads about Joe Rogan and Tim Pool, right?

Haters gonna hate, I guess.  🤷 😉

• Like 3

Man, how could the US sink so low to even consider putting a convicted felon with multiple charges (not to mention the crimes he still wasn't convicted of yet) as their president? It's preposterous. There used to be a time when the US had some kind of respect for itself, when the US was seen as a solid democracy. It took a single sociopath to bring it all down. What a shame. Society is fucked.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Ooo yea....THEE DANCE....once you've seen this, you can never see him do it again and not laugh....

• Haha 2