punk

pam

do i like it? i fuckin LOVE it! punk is it, for me its like the be all and end all, its the reason this fucking world revolves for me. the spirit of invention passion energy and freedom. what punk bands do i like?? jesus, i could go on for years

sex pistols

the damned

the clash

the ramones

sonic youth

dead kennedys

bad brains

black flag

the germs

the slits

the buzzcocks

james chance and the contortions

the dictators

i could REALLY go on for days and days about punk rock and bore your fucking brains out. for me, without it, theres little else and if i had to pinpoint one anything that was the most influential thing in my life in terms of the way i think act and live, it would be punk rock and the spirit of punk rock. i think its the greatest thing in post war western culture that has effected cinema, music, attitudes, fashion...just everything. its a wonderful wonderful gift that i can't POSSIBLY praise enough. punk rock is more than music, its a name given to an attitude that has been around since forever. punk rock is just the fucking shit.

Edited by frankwhite

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do i like it? i fuckin LOVE it! punk is it, for me its like the be all and end all, its the reason this fucking world revolves for me. the spirit of invention passion energy and freedom. what punk bands do i like?? jesus, i could go on for years

sex pistols

the damned

the clash

the ramones

sonic youth

dead kennedys

bad brains

black flag

the germs

the slits

the buzzcocks

james chance and the contortions

the dictators

i could REALLY go on for days and days about punk rock and bore your fucking brains out. for me, without it, theres little else and if i had to pinpoint one anything that was the most influential thing in my life in terms of the way i think act and live, it would be punk rock and the spirit of punk rock. i think its the greatest thing in post war western culture that has effected cinema, music, attitudes, fashion...just everything. its a wonderful wonderful gift that i can't POSSIBLY praise enough. punk rock is more than music, its a name given to an attitude that has been around since forever. punk rock is just the fucking shit.

Yes Frank we know you adore Punk :rolleyes: :xmasssanta:

To be honest i do love punk but not all of it. I like -

The Ramones

Sex Pistols.

The Clash

The damned

The Germs

but thats about it. im not as bigger a fan as some!

Recently I've been listening to much more punk than I ever have. Mostly Ramones and Clash but also some old GreenDay stuff, and I've been planning listening to as much as I can. I got some Sex Pistols but I haven't really started listening to it. I never thought I'd like punk, but damn! There's just something about it.

Holy fuck! This thread is old!

Recently I've been listening to much more punk than I ever have. Mostly Ramones and Clash but also some old GreenDay stuff, and I've been planning listening to as much as I can. I got some Sex Pistols but I haven't really started listening to it. I never thought I'd like punk, but damn! There's just something about it.

Holy fuck! This thread is old!

:):):):):)

Guest knerken

I've been getting more into punk, alternative punk, grunge and garage-punk lately. I'm a long time Nirvana-, Ramones- and Turbonegro-fan and recently I've started listening to bands like Stooges, MC5, Buzzcocks, The Clash, Black Flag, Green Day(Dookie era), Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam etc. I'm getting less and less respect from my glam-friends, but I don't really care :P

SEX PISTOLS ARE SHIT....

I've been getting more into punk, alternative punk, grunge and garage-punk lately. I'm a long time Nirvana-, Ramones- and Turbonegro-fan and recently I've started listening to bands like Stooges, MC5, Buzzcocks, The Clash, Black Flag, Green Day(Dookie era), Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam etc. I'm getting less and less respect from my glam-friends, but I don't really care :P

SEX PISTOLS ARE SHIT....

No, they're really not.

I listen to the Sex Pistols, and Misfits. I like all the other obvious ones, but I don't have any albums and I tend not to judge based on singles.

SEX PISTOLS ARE SHIT....

fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you and FUCK YOU some more! the sex pistols are shit? :lol: take a running jump!! you like the buzzcocks and think the sex pistols are shit, i got news for ya, Howard Devoto had to suck Malcolm McLarens cock (not literally) to get a fuckin opening slot on the pistols lesser free trade hall gig and become recognised as a fuckin band, The Clap too, they were the fuckin 101ers before, a long haired pub rock band that no one gave two shits about.

fact: Nevermind The Bollocks is one of the probably oh say roughly 10 most important albums of all time

fact: the sex pistols CHANGED the entire fucking music scene single handedly like no other punk band before em and practically invented this idea of "underground" music and alternative record labels, most definitely so in england

fact: they influenced not only music but through their attitude, energy cinema, art, fashion

find me one other band where someone can write an entire book on one gig they did...and not some huge fucking arena landmark Shea Stadium i can't hear you Mr. Lennon type gig, i'm talkin' bout somethin that about 30 or so people attended, check it out..

i_swear_i_was_there_450.jpg

there is nothing like the sex pistols, had never been nothin like the sex pistols and probably never will be anything again like the sex pistols they are, in short, perfect. nothin to beat em. mean it man ;):lol: (dork)

Love it. Can't really say how much I love the Pistols. Utmost respect.

Love Ramones, Misfits, Clash. Don't know much about punk though, but I mean for the *bit* I do have I fuckin' love it eh.

Also really love me some 'proto-punk' shit. Stooges, Dolls.

Fuckin' A mate.

Yeah Towers are pretty cool. Sometimes I question how 'punk' they actually are, and whether they just put it on.

But yeah, pretty damn good album.

i never heard that band. tell ya what i did hear tho, i heard when the cockney rejects wanted to fuck em up and they pussied out.

Yeah Towers are pretty cool. Sometimes I question how 'punk' they actually are, and whether they just put it on.

But yeah, pretty damn good album.

i never heard that band. tell ya what i did hear tho, i heard when the cockney rejects wanted to fuck em up and they pussied out.

yeah that's probably true they're all pussies, but they're music is good you should "buy" the album

Edited by MikeOxlong

Guest knerken

SEX PISTOLS ARE SHIT....

fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you and FUCK YOU some more! the sex pistols are shit? :lol: take a running jump!! you like the buzzcocks and think the sex pistols are shit, i got news for ya, Howard Devoto had to suck Malcolm McLarens cock (not literally) to get a fuckin opening slot on the pistols lesser free trade hall gig and become recognised as a fuckin band, The Clap too, they were the fuckin 101ers before, a long haired pub rock band that no one gave two shits about.

fact: Nevermind The Bollocks is one of the probably oh say roughly 10 most important albums of all time

fact: the sex pistols CHANGED the entire fucking music scene single handedly like no other punk band before em and practically invented this idea of "underground" music and alternative record labels, most definitely so in england

fact: they influenced not only music but through their attitude, energy cinema, art, fashion

find me one other band where someone can write an entire book on one gig they did...and not some huge fucking arena landmark Shea Stadium i can't hear you Mr. Lennon type gig, i'm talkin' bout somethin that about 30 or so people attended, check it out..

there is nothing like the sex pistols, had never been nothin like the sex pistols and probably never will be anything again like the sex pistols they are, in short, perfect. nothin to beat em. mean it man ;):lol: (dork)

I knew I would get an answer like that from you :D Yeah, they changed the world with their music and attitude, can't deny that. And I know and couldn't care less that I would not be listening to Buzzcocks, Nirvana, Black Flag etc now without Pistols. I just don't like Pistols music. I have the Bollocks album and I have listened through it many times and I really want to dig them cause they look and act so damn cool! :D But,no.. in my ears they sound crap. can't help it. Don't hit me hard :confused::P

SEX PISTOLS ARE SHIT....

I knew I would get an answer like that from you :D Yeah, they changed the world with their music and attitude, can't deny that. And I know and couldn't care less that I would not be listening to Buzzcocks, Nirvana, Black Flag etc now without Pistols. I just don't like Pistols music. I have the Bollocks album and I have listened through it many times and I really want to dig them cause they look and act so damn cool! :D But,no.. in my ears they sound crap. can't help it. Don't hit me hard :confused::P

this is getting stupidly close to looking like im tryna force u to like em but...its just a personal interest thing...whats crap about em, Johnnys voice? i love it, its snotty and in ur face, pauls drumming is just...well, standard, i'll admit that but best drummers are...solid rhythm section y'know? and Steve Joneses guitar is fuckin intense, that wall of sound thing, those layers of guitar tracks that when put together on record sound like a fuckin nuclear explosion. or do u just think the songs are not catchy? they're pretty standard 3 chord fare throughout, verse chorus verse...but hey, u like what u like...just "crap" seemed a harsh indictment.

Guest knerken

SEX PISTOLS ARE SHIT....

this is getting stupidly close to looking like im tryna force u to like em but...its just a personal interest thing...whats crap about em, Johnnys voice? i love it, its snotty and in ur face, pauls drumming is just...well, standard, i'll admit that but best drummers are...solid rhythm section y'know? and Steve Joneses guitar is fuckin intense, that wall of sound thing, those layers of guitar tracks that when put together on record sound like a fuckin nuclear explosion. or do u just think the songs are not catchy? they're pretty standard 3 chord fare throughout, verse chorus verse...but hey, u like what u like...just "crap" seemed a harsh indictment.

That is what I don't like about them.. But they do have a killer guitar-sound. And you're kinda right that "crap" is a bit harsh word to use too. There are many bands that are much crappier than Pistols. But still I don't like to listen to them, it's not a big thing. ;)

kinda off topic but, a few quotes regarding the sex pistols.

"The Sex Pistols would be vastly improved by sudden death, they are the antithesis of human kind. I would like to see someone dig a huge hole and bury the lot of them in it"

Bernard Brook Partridge: London Councilor (English TV 1977)

"The Sex Pistols were the worst thing ever to happen to rock n roll"

Sir Cliff Richard: (Vox Magazine Sep 1995)

"All the hype the Sex Pistols had was totally deserved. They deserved everything they got. Johnny Rotten was the one I identified with--he was the sensitive one. Never Mind The Bollocks has the best production of any rock record I have ever heard. It’s totally in-your-face and compressed."

Kurt Cobain: Nirvana (Vox Magazine September 1992)

"The king is gone but he's not forgotten. This is the story of a Johnny Rotten".

From the Neil Young song: 'My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)' (Rust Never Sleeps 1979)

"Their records were quite unacceptable for the average person. They didn't behave, they didn't accept the common rules of decency, so it was important to take out the poison…"

Sir John Read: EMI Chairman (BBC TV, September 2004)

"The Pistols were the boys really. You could put together a ‘best of’ from the Clash’s five albums and it wouldn’t be worth a wank next to Never Mind The Bollocks".

Noel Gallagher: Oasis (Hot Press April 1996)

"I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."

Avril Lavigne: (Seventeen Magazine, 2002)

"People are like, 'Well, she doesn't know the Sex Pistols.' Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff's old, right?"

Avril Lavigne: (Entertainment Weekly, 2002)

"The first time I saw the Sex Pistols was on a poster in my local record store in 1978. I didn’t know who they were, but they scared me and intrigued me at the same time. They looked raw, brash, dirty and inexplicably cool all at once. It wasn’t until a year later that I heard ‘God Save the Queen’ blasting out of the speakers of my local skatepark, and I got the same feeling. Except instead of being scared, I was energized to skate even harder. I still get the same feeling over 20 years later anytime ‘Never Mind The Bollocks’ is on. What other band could claim that kind of power?"

Tony Hawk: Legendary Skater (June 2003)

"I think they changed the world and I'm very grateful for that. I saw them three times at the very beginning and they were breathtaking, and very necessary; and I feel gratitude."

Morrissey: (NME, February 2006)

"You know, Never Mind the Bollocks is one of the greatest records of the 20th century."

Pete Townshend: The Who (Q magazine, June 1996)

hmmm...

I'm a big punk fan. As you can tell by the name! Love Rancid best band in the world and I'm not ashamed to say it on a GNR website lol! But all the old school british stuff - The Damned, Sham 69, The Clash. The american stuff.. Misfits, DK, Ramones. Love Stiff Little Fingers. Bands like Toy Dolls and The Vapors, even Jilted John are always good for feel good punk lol. Love Rise Against, Anti-Flag.. All those.. Love the hxc side of punk too. Comeback Kid, Social Distortion, etc. Not particularly pop/punk like Good Charlotte/Green Day/Blink 182 and so on, but they're a laugh if you want a bounse I always find lol.

To put it simply punk is awesome and not dead -_-

Not a huge Pistols fan, think they're pretty over-rated. Good, but not as good as people make out.

Anyone into Crass? If you like punk and haven't heard of them I highly recommend. They're fuckin' sweet.

xDSGx

EDIT: :rofl-lol: @

"People are like, 'Well, she doesn't know the Sex Pistols.' Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff's old, right?"

Avril Lavigne: (Entertainment Weekly, 2002)

Edited by DopeSickGirl