Metallica

Punos

Jason Newsted left because for years he was a scapegoat to relieve the band feeling about the late Cliff Burton (Bassist who died in a bus accident in 1986, for those who didn't know)

If you remember, after he left, they went into rehab and counselling to get rid of those feelings

I don't know why people would say the Black Album sucks, it's a great album, so is Load, but St. Anger, is pretty underrated. I'm sure people say it sucks because everyone else does, but so far, I've only heard two bad songs: Some Kind of Monster and Shoot Me Again. If you compare St. Anger to other albums, it's pretty heavy compared to them.

I don't understand the kind of expectations people have with metallica. Yes, their last few albums were not as good..but holly shit what do you expect..a band can't stay awsome and relevant forever. No band can keep making amazing albums for 20 years, that's just a fact I don't care who you are. Look at the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith..their albums have become generic and formula...and I can name alot more. There comes a time when that's it. Why are people so mad..just enjoy the past albums. Metallica have made more good albums and given you more classic songs then some bands can dream of. You can't keep having inspiration to write amazing music forever.

Concerning this Napster thing, I understand where they are coming from. And most of the bands were against napster aswell..but they just didn't have the guts to stand against Napster cause they knew it would be unpopular and they risked losing fans. Those bands are all two-face hypocrits cause behind the scenes they were on the same side of metallica, but publically they were cowards. If you are band, why would you wanna give a product for free. You spend time working on an album and then have people steal it for free..I understand them. And I hear some people say that Metallica shouldn't complain cause they already made so much money..what a bogus argument! Who cares how rich they are..does McDonalds give away free Big Macs just cause they make billions, don't think so...does Microsoft give away free software just cause they make billions, don't think so. Take any company or manufacturer on the face of the planet..nobody gives away free products just cause they already make millions. Why would anybody stand on the side while people steal your products.

I don't understand the kind of expectations people have with metallica. Yes, their last few albums were not as good..but holly shit what do you expect..a band can't stay awsome and relevant forever. No band can keep making amazing albums for 20 years, that's just a fact I don't care who you are. Look at the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith..their albums have become generic and formula...and I can name alot more. There comes a time when that's it. Why are people so mad..just enjoy the past albums. Metallica have made more good albums and given you more classic songs then some bands can dream of. You can't keep having inspiration to write amazing music forever.

Concerning this Napster thing, I understand where they are coming from. And most of the bands were against napster aswell..but they just didn't have the guts to stand against Napster cause they knew it would be unpopular and they risked losing fans. Those bands are all two-face hypocrits cause behind the scenes they were on the same side of metallica, but publically they were cowards. If you are band, why would you wanna give a product for free. You spend time working on an album and then have people steal it for free..I understand them. And I hear some people say that Metallica shouldn't complain cause they already made so much money..what a bogus argument! Who cares how rich they are..does McDonalds give away free Big Macs just cause they make billions, don't think so...does Microsoft give away free software just cause they make billions, don't think so. Take any company or manufacturer on the face of the planet..nobody gives away free products just cause they already make millions. Why would anybody stand on the side while people steal your products.

Very well said. I once saw an interview with Hetfield and he said that there are all these lists that talk about how much money Metallica makes, but not one of them ever lists their expenses. Did you guys know that EVERYTHING Metallica does is paid for at their own expense? Their tours, recording sessions, their documentary, EVERYTHING is paid for by the band, not the record company.

As far as the pussies that bitch about Metallica selling out... I don't see how they ever sold out. They have always done what they wanted on their own terms. Metallica have always stuck to their guns. Remember people, these guy set out to play music and rule the world. That's what they did, that's what they do, and that's what they will continue to do.

I agree 100%..couldn't have said it better!