Queen Vs AC/DC

GnRmaniac

Which Band Do You Like Better?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG this is a joke. How in hell can you compare these two bands? Queen are like one of the most talented bands, with the most uniquely structured and vocalised songs ever and AC/DC are overrated same sounding stuff. No contest, Queen all the way.

EDIT: Buried Alive I just read what you put and I have to say you hit the nail right on the head there, without sounding too offensive like I may have came across as I know how narly some people get when someone says the forbidden word: overrated :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You miss the point of AC/DC if you call them overrated. ;):D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering Back in Black is the 2nd biggest selling album ever, i would hardly call AC/DC "overrated" :P

Acca Dacca gets my vote :D

OMG this is a joke. How in hell can you compare these two bands? Queen are like one of the most talented bands, with the most uniquely structured and vocalised songs ever and AC/DC are overrated same sounding stuff. No contest, Queen all the way.

EDIT: Buried Alive I just read what you put and I have to say you hit the nail right on the head there, without sounding too offensive like I may have came across as I know how narly some people get when someone says the forbidden word: overrated :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering Back in Black is the 2nd biggest selling album ever, i would hardly call AC/DC "overrated" :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would really like to know where you got the info that back in black is the 2 most selling album ever...

sounds like alot of bullshit to me

Edited by Dannebac

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would really like to know where you got the info that back in black is the 2 most selling album ever...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the 5th best selling album in the United States, and not even in the top 20 in the U.K. Impressive, but not 2nd best selling of all time at all.

It's the 5th best selling album in the United States, and not even in the top 20 in the U.K. Impressive, but not 2nd best selling of all time at all.

It's estimated to be the 4th highest selling worldwide, and the highest selling hard rock album of all time.

It's just music that appeals to a lot of people because it's not difficult to listen to.

Freddie was the most overated frontman imo. A lot of people on this forum seem to be too afraid to say bad things about Freddie or Queen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

speak for yourself.

and just because a lot of people see the greatness Freddie really had, he isn't overrated. He gets the love he should get.

Freddie was the most overated frontman imo. A lot of people on this forum seem to be too afraid to say bad things about Freddie or Queen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

speak for yourself.

and just because a lot of people see the greatness Freddie really had, he isn't overrated. He gets the love he should get.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Imo he is. Yes he died a very young age from a terrible illness and it was very sad but that doesnt mean he should be worshipped and called the greatest frontman of all time. Imo his voice was average and he doesnt deserve all the plaudits he gets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

people are also too afraiid to say anything bad about Axl on this forum aswell... <_<

but on topic...

Queen blow Ac/Dc out of the Water... If Freddie was still alive, Queen would be bigger than they are now...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

people are also too afraiid to say anything bad about Axl on this forum aswell... <_<

but on topic...

Queen blow Ac/Dc out of the Water... If Freddie was still alive, Queen would be bigger than they are now...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly you're probably right but hey that's because too many people are easily pleased. I'm someone who is hard to please. And yes people are too afraid to speak badly about Axl.

Imo he is. Yes he died a very young age from a terrible illness and it was very sad but that doesnt mean he should be worshipped and called the greatest frontman of all time. Imo his voice was average and he doesnt deserve all the plaudits he gets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freddie Mercury was 45 when he died - hardly 'very young'. Freddie Mercury was 'worshipped' just as much before his death. Look at their performance at Live Aid in 1985 - that was magical, i don't think there is any other way to describe it.

The sheer quality and variety of Queen's music speaks for itself in my opinion.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No thats a load of bullshit :P Queen deserved to be rated so highly, they were fucking brilliant. Every piece of music from their debut album consisting of classic rock, melodious hamonised pieces, progressing through to the more funky side of Hot Space, then becoming more heavy and then symphonic, to whence they mixed all different genres into one album! It was brilliant how many different and unique songs are on each album, its not a different style per album with Queen always cuz everything is unique. Therefpre they should be popular! What reason to AC/DC have? People think AC/DC are better cuz they have a cool name, not camp or silly like the name Queen with a gay nancy frontman. Thats fucking biased when really, musically they are gobshite. Queen worked so fucking hard to produce the music they did. I almost cried watching the documentaries hearing about how much Freddie struggled in the studios to satisfy the media as he worked and worked to produce that final magnificently poignant album in his sick condition. That is no excuse I know, sympathy for his condition, but truly that shows how much sheer grit and talent they had. AC/DC have nothing on Queen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Freddie Mercury was 45 when he died - hardly 'very young'. Freddie Mercury was 'worshipped' just as much before his death. Look at their performance at Live Aid in 1985 - that was magical, i don't think there is any other way to describe it.

The sheer quality and variety of Queen's music speaks for itself in my opinion.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe not very, but 45 is a young age to die.