The thing you hate

Maddergascar

That I'm not the privledged one that gets to be with him/them when they create. The initial idea put to music and formulated is the most exciting time to me and usually it is when they are alone with themselves to be free and flow. Then they get together and share and then it molds into something further then further and further in the music making process. It is extra special at the beginning and I'm totally in love with that. But yet, I still don't get to be there and it hurts. Hurt make me hate.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Led Zeppelin - I hate how their later live performances weren't as good as they should have been. Plant's voice struggles in quite a few songs and their LiveAid set was supposedly crap (I havent seen it though but the opinion on a LZ forum seemed this way).

Guns N' Roses - I hate how Axl always wants a big, complex, power-ballad but most of the time it isnt needed. And his voice can get annoying.

AC/DC - Their lack of great songs. Don't get me wrong, they have plenty of good songs, but unfortunately most of them are only on 2 albums.

Pink Floyd - Their singing voices can be dull sometimes.

That I'm not the privledged one that gets to be with him/them when they create.  The initial idea put to music and formulated is the most exciting time to me and usually it is when they are alone with themselves to be free and flow.  Then they get together and share and then it molds into something further then further and further in the music making process.  It is extra special at the beginning and I'm totally in love with that.  But yet, I still don't get to be there and it hurts.  Hurt make me hate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very profound. To be there for the unfolding of the creative process would be very gratifying indeed, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I would be hurt by it either way. Yet someone with artistic ability such as yourself could accomplish the same things they do regarding that process; would that not assuage some of the dissapointment felt for being left out of someone else's process?

Led Zeppelin - I hate how their later live performances weren't as good as they should have been.  Plant's voice struggles in quite a few songs and their LiveAid set was supposedly crap (I havent seen it though but the opinion on a LZ forum seemed this way).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You base your opinion on their later performances just because what people have said on a forum, yet you haven't seen it yourself? :blink: It's not that great, i'll admit. But it wasn't "crap".

Also, they fuckin' ripped it up at the Knebworth Festival in '79.

Led Zeppelin - I hate how their later live performances weren't as good as they should have been.  Plant's voice struggles in quite a few songs and their LiveAid set was supposedly crap (I havent seen it though but the opinion on a LZ forum seemed this way).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You base your opinion on their later performances just because what people have said on a forum, yet you haven't seen it yourself? :blink: It's not that great, i'll admit. But it wasn't "crap".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I base my opinion on that, plus the fact that Led Zeppelin themselves thought it was a shite performance. Thats why it wasnt on the Live Aid DVD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I base my opinion on that, plus the fact that Led Zeppelin themselves thought it was a shite performance. Thats why it wasnt on the Live Aid DVD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know man, but I believe part of the reason that many fans said it sucked was because Phil Collins and some brotha were drumming.

It's cool though, cause you like Zep alot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know man, but I believe part of the reason that many fans said it sucked was because Phil Collins and some brotha were drumming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, Page said Phil Collins spoiled it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense, Phil Collins spoils everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"You're only a loser when you blame others for your own mistakes"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well...the only reason that his voice got that way was because of his fucking awesome performances in the early days...he strained his voice on screams through the early 70s so much that he needed surgery during 1974(?) i think.

you can even hear it on physical graphiti even after a year of hiatus...he's really struggling in some of the songs and that's in a STUDIO..his voice did recoup after a while and was pretty damn good during 78/79 and then he changed his style of singing to suit his solo career and this accounts for his not-so-good performance at live aid (since it didn't exactly support his led-zeppelin manner) I have the performance and it's not half as bad as some of those guys on the forum say it is.

since then his voice has aged well and the newest album has some of his best vocal laydowns since...well...houses of the holy...and my god he's good in concert

Edited by stevGNR666