Axl Should Drop The Name Guns n Roses

T Patten

Axl for me is the best frontman ever, we all know he owns guns n roses, but he isn't guns n roses, guns n roses were a band of great musicians and full of songwriting talent, this thread has been done before but i'd like to do it my way by making a few points, so here goes;

Dropping the name guns n roses would take a whole lotta pressure off of axl, people would give his new stuff a lot more respect seeing as he wouldn't have as much to live up to, the new band aren't guns n roses for me but just axl and a bunch of musicians, he wouldn't have to compete with the old g n r stuff seeing as he would've moved on by dropping the name & he'd have a whole new lease of life, axl could do things his own way, maybe like he mentioned in the rolling stone mag interview a new different way...

...i don't think his voice is anywhere near as good as it used to be as it was so unique, but once again dropping the name would let axl sing in peace with his new voice, instead of struggling like hell to re-create the screams etc.

-This is just my point of view, but i feel it makes a lot of sense, discuss...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i dont think dropping the name would make much of a difference, people are going to judge anything new he does whether it be his own band or guns, against the old GnR music. Plus he gets the publicity of a new Guns N' Roses record to help him promote.

So my answer is no.

well yea its agreeable that he (axl) isnt guns n roses and it would make sence since the band is no longer together but what would happen if he took away that legendary name? that would be like killing off the band... itd be awesome if he did a huge comeback and reunited with some of the old members!!(**sigh** but we all know thatll never happen sniff sniff :( )

in my opinion even if he changed the name he would still have to live up to what he did in the old days he deserves to keep the name after all he didnt walk out on the band the other members did. no matter what he changed the bands name to he will always be considered guns n roses. still now when i here the name slash duff izzy or steve i dont think of velvet revolver or adlers appetite i think of gnr. so the name change would not be necessary and like i said before he didnt walk away and leave gnr the others did. now if he walked away and left the other members yeah i would say he should change the name and not use gnr cause he walked away from the band but he is keeping gnr alive cause he believes in gnr when the others gave up on gnr but that is just my opinion

Personally I think a lot of people in today's rock music world will not accept the band as Guns N' Roses. If lots of hardcore Axl fans here don't accept the band as Guns N' Roses (I do not accept it myself either although I am not quite an Axl fan) do you think many outside these forums would?

he keeps the name for the publicity. if he dropped it someone like slash duff or matt might take over it as they were in Guns N Roses. if they done that they would be making money off 'Guns N' Roses' and 'Velvet Revolver'

SS.

The reason people are still interested in this thing is cause it's called Guns N Roses. If Axl was just making an Axl Rose record less people would have been interested i believe. I can see why he's keeping the name. But i agree he should screw it.

After such a long wait, the name Guns N Roses would probably guarentee in another couple of million sales! Hes tried his best to keep it alive so he deserves the chance to do the name justice.

Grimo.

thats exactly what i thought. keep the name as its revenue (see my previous post) and it guarentees some fans as the name Guns N' Roses will spark some memories of fans who had long forgotten about GN'R

SS.

Axl for me is the best frontman ever, we all know he owns guns n roses, but he isn't guns n roses, guns n roses were a band of great musicians and full of songwriting talent, this thread has been done before but i'd like to do it my way by making a few points, so here goes;

Dropping the name guns n roses would take a whole lotta pressure off of axl, people would give his new stuff a lot more respect seeing as he wouldn't have as much to live up to, the new band aren't guns n roses for me but just axl and a bunch of musicians, he wouldn't have to compete with the old g n r stuff seeing as he would've moved on by dropping the name & he'd have a whole new lease of life, axl could do things his own way, maybe like he mentioned in the rolling stone mag interview a new different way...

...i don't think his voice is anywhere near as good as it used to be as it was so unique, but once again dropping the name would let axl sing in peace with his new voice, instead of struggling like hell to re-create the screams etc.

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

me too

If he would have dropped it back in the early stages of Chinese Democracy it would have been fine by me...But now as he's toured under the name "Guns N' Roses",that's what this band is...It's Guns N' Roses,wether people like it or not.

Well fine. I start touring with my band and call it Led Zeppelin then.