Guns N' Roses MySpace page - deleted

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

This happened a little while ago, actually. I wanted to put The Blues on my profile, and I noticed that other people had done similar things by signing up GN'R music accounts and uploading songs. I would never upload studio material for copyright reasons, but I figured live tracks were alright and it wouldn't be a problem. I also figured if there were some kind of issue, I'd happily delete the files.

Anyway, I created a Guns N' Roses music page and uploaded The Blues from Boston '02. I put it on my profile. The next day the GN'R page I created was gone.

This was in my inbox:

Hello,

MySpace has deleted your profile because we received a credible complaint of copyright/trademark infringement or otherwise determined that materials posted on your profile violated the intellectual property rights of third parties.

MySpace's terms and conditions prohibit the posting of any materials that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of third parties.

If we delete your account you cannot recover it.

Thank you,

MySpace.com

I wouldn't have created the page if I had known it was an infringement to upload live tracks, but I am kind of surprised that the page was deleted so swiftly. Keep in mind there are many GN'R profiles on MySpace with illegally uploaded studio tracks that have not been deleted. Some of them have been online over a year.

I wonder if someone involved in the GN'R camp was responsible for having this so swiftly removed because it is "new" material? I can't see why someone else would report my page and not report all the dozens and dozens of other GN'R pages.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experience here.

One thing's for sure - I won't be making any more music accounts on MySpace. I guess I'll just have to live with the GN'R songs that are already on there. :P

Edited by JohnUlmer

This happened a little while ago, actually. I wanted to put The Blues on my profile, and I noticed that other people had done similar things by signing up GN'R music accounts and uploading songs. I would never upload studio material for copyright reasons, but I figured live tracks were alright and it wouldn't be a problem. I also figured if there were some kind of issue, I'd happily delete the files.

Anyway, I created a Guns N' Roses music page and uploaded The Blues from Boston '02. I put it on my profile. The next day the GN'R page I created was gone.

This was in my inbox:

Hello,

MySpace has deleted your profile because we received a credible complaint of copyright/trademark infringement or otherwise determined that materials posted on your profile violated the intellectual property rights of third parties.

MySpace's terms and conditions prohibit the posting of any materials that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of third parties.

Thank you,

MySpace.com

I wouldn't have created the page if I had known it was an infringement to upload live tracks, but I am kind of surprised that the page was deleted so swiftly. Keep in mind there are many GN'R profiles on MySpace with illegally uploaded studio tracks that have not been deleted. Some of them have been online over a year.

I wonder if someone involved in the GN'R camp was responsible for having this so swiftly removed because it is "new" material? I can't see why someone else would report my page and not report all the dozens and dozens of other GN'R pages.

One thing's for sure - I won't be making any more music accounts on MySpace. I guess I'll just have to live with the GN'R songs that are already on there. :P

Axls lawyers have to do somethin to pass the time between lawsuits! ;)

Grimo.

I dont see the harm, all true GnR fans have songs like the Blues-IRS-Madagascar-CD.You cant stop the spread once it starts so why bother?

Why not embrace the fact that most fans fucking love the songs and let them be?!

To Axls lawyers " i have bootlegs and i listen and pass them on so fucking sue me you suit wearing pond life" :lol:

Dr GOAB

weren't you the guy who posed as Axl Rose on Myspace? And they were contacted by management to have you removed from there?

Perhaps this has something to do with it.

that would explain why the "official" GN'R myspace was shut down a couple months ago! they had Chinese Democracy, the new SCOM and a new live NR. hmmm...but what's weird is, i have the blues as my background song and i haven't gotten anything. it's probably cause it's just a regular account or somethin. well, this is certainly interesting. perhaps Guns camp is making a REAL one.

This was in my inbox:

Hello,

Thank you,

MySpace.com

Grimo.

Haha.. yeah I can see Axl sat there with his feet up and a big cigar in his mouth.. then all of a sudden he saw the website and freaked out.. got on the fone and had a rant.. then he hung up and went for a swim mumbling to himself.

This was in my inbox:

Hello,

Thank you,

MySpace.com

Grimo.

Haha.. yeah I can see Axl sat there with his feet up and a big cigar in his mouth.. then all of a sudden he saw the website and freaked out.. got on the fone and had a rant.. then he hung up and went for a swim mumbling to himself.

Guest JohnUlmer

weren't you the guy who posed as Axl Rose on Myspace? And they were contacted by management to have you removed from there?

Perhaps this has something to do with it.

*sigh* Not this again. ;)

First of all, as I pointed out before, I posted a disclaimer on the page saying I wasn't Axl because so many people thought I was. And a few months ago I changed it to a "fanspace" and make it even more clear that I'm not Axl.

I created that page as a way of gather GN'R fans on MySpace and trying to spread news on CD. For example, I posted a bulletin earlier this week with a link to the new Axl interview and pics.

Anyway, if that were the reason for the page's deletion, they would have deleted the Axl page, too. It's still there:

http://www.myspace.com/estrangedfromreality

Notice the page title - W. Axl Rose Fan Page. ;)

Guest JohnUlmer
Your lucky it didnt turn into a legal issue. Could that have happened? I dont know shit about this kind of thing.

I don't think so. Not considering how many illegal GN'R accounts there are on MySpace. I honestly didn't think uploading a live bootleg track would be considered copyright violation -- I don't think they'd turn it into a legal issue unless I were to continue creating accounts uploading the song over and over.