Sanctuary seeks £130m rescue

artfromtex

CD will have to sell absolutely shitlaods if it wants to save Sanctuary. Thye only manage Guns, so will only get a small cut of takings.

So how many copies of CD will Guns have to sell to save Sanctuary? Assumin that CD sells at around £12.... :book:

Grimo.

CD will have to sell absolutely shitlaods if it wants to save Sanctuary. Thye only manage Guns, so will only get a small cut of takings.

So how many copies of CD will Guns have to sell to save Sanctuary? Assumin that CD sells at around £12.... :book:

Grimo.

If Sanctuary got 100% of those £12, ignoring recording, printing or any costs whatsoever - if they got £12 of every CD sold, they'd need to sell 10 million copies.

Without bothering to factor anything else into it, if they got 10% of every £12 CD sold, to dig them out of their ditch, they'd need to sell 100 million copies.

Being realistic, they'd need to sell double that for Axl to single handedly dig them out of their hole. Not happening. :laugh:

Obviously that maths is pathetic, but when you think that the highest selling album of all time (Thriller) sits on about 50 million units sold, then you can forget about it.

Great post...I don't think they're looking to GNR to pull them out in any case, but it would be stupid not to keep Axl, as it will make sales...they will also get money from merchandising deals, TV appearances and so on, not just CD sales themselves.

Its their hip hop operation which is draining cash currently, and its not making any profit, that's what screwed them over.

Grimo.

If Sanctuary got 100% of those £12, ignoring recording, printing or any costs whatsoever - if they got £12 of every CD sold, they'd need to sell 10 million copies.

Without bothering to factor anything else into it, if they got 10% of every £12 CD sold, to dig them out of their ditch, they'd need to sell 100 million copies.

Being realistic, they'd need to sell double that for Axl to single handedly dig them out of their hole. Not happening. :laugh:

Obviously that maths is pathetic, but when you think that the highest selling album of all time (Thriller) sits on about 50 million units sold, then you can forget about it.

So would Sanctuary get any $$$ from a tour? Coz if Guns did a full world tour with a new album :rolleyes: that would rake in a few quid.

Grimo.

So would Sanctuary get any $$$ from a tour? Coz if Guns did a full world tour with a new album :rolleyes: that would rake in a few quid.

Grimo.

Of course they would - but my post was based on sales of CD.

I don't know enough about how it all works to be sure, but I think Sanctuary take a portion of GN'Rs total earnings, not just CD sales.

Either way, it's not going to be enough to dig them out. They need more than just a Guns N' Roses comeback.

Its their hip hop operation which is draining cash currently, and its not making any profit, that's what screwed them over.

Really? That's a surprise? I thought hip-hop was huge these days...

It is, but their 'urban' division is badly managed apparently, and hasn't been able to generate enough cash for itself, let alone the whole group.

I think its Beyonce's dad who runs it.

your average manager will take 10%. in the record business most of the time $10 or so only goes back to the label, the rest is for the record store. if sanctuary then got 10% they would theroretically get $1 from every album sold. Based on how popular guns are they will probably sell about 6 million CDs based on the name alone. convert $6m USD into £3,363,937.00. So CD could get sanctuary 1% of what they need to restructure. Not to mention the fact i highly doubt management gets 10% of every dollar that comes in, they are probably getting 10% of $6-8.

your average manager will take 10%. in the record business most of the time $10 or so only goes back to the label, the rest is for the record store. if sanctuary then got 10% they would theroretically get $1 from every album sold. Based on how popular guns are they will probably sell about 6 million CDs based on the name alone. convert $6m USD into £3,363,937.00. So CD could get sanctuary 1% of what they need to restructure. Not to mention the fact i highly doubt management gets 10% of every dollar that comes in, they are probably getting 10% of $6-8.

Pretty similar to my logic, but a lot more realistic. :laugh: