Grammy's tonight.

G n F n R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her voice though is top notch. Man, can she sing?

Ugh, no. She sounded awful in my opinion, nothing like the vocal powerhouse she was back in the 90s...

Kelly Clarkson was pretty bad too.

She can sing, and so can Christina...problem is they don't sing, they over-sing. And it sounds awful.

And what did you think of Mariah Carey? Anyone else notice she's put on a few pounds?

Look at Maddy, bringing out the claws! What's up--first taking on poor Axl for still hittin' the strip bars and now Mariah gets dinged for carrying just a few extra lbs. Granted, nothing could be quite as hot as the weathered and skeletal, crack-addicted Whitney(gotta love those 75lb divas), but I thought she looked pretty much as usual.

Kinda funny IDOL trounced the Grammy's in the ratings. Double the viewership...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

And what did you think of Mariah Carey? Anyone else notice she's put on a few pounds?

Look at Maddy, bringing out the claws! What's up--first taking on poor Axl for still hittin' the strip bars and now Mariah gets pinged for carrying just a few extra lbs. Granted, nothing could be quite as hot as the weathered and skeletal, crack-addicted Whitney(gotta love those 75lb divas), but I thought she looked pretty much as usual.

I was switching back and forth, but mostly watched Idol, and then tuned into Lost. I started watching, but Stevie Wonder trying to be funny and talking about how good he thought Alicia Keyes looked and I figured it would be a long night if I kept it on....

And unfortunately I agree with madison again. Mariah's looked better. She could have been in better shape for the show, especially since this was touted as her big comeback. With her money she could have personal trainers, nutrionists, private chef, etc. If Oprah can look good, she could too.

What the hell? Cream earned a damn lifetime achievement award or whatever and they only mentioned them for a good 30 seconds! <_< Poor Jack. Damn camera went off him before he could have even stood up.

That Sly and the Family Band thing was pretty cool. Poor Sly couldn't sing and I don't even think he was playing the keyboard :no: Good thing Kanye won a couple of awards. I imagine, "The Grammy doesn't like Black people" or something :lol:

Just an fyi for tonight's Grammy awards show. I read in USA Today that among the special duet perfomances planned Bruce Springsteen will perform with a suprise guest. Now do I think think this mystery musician will be Axl? Probably not folks but I thought I'd give a head's up anyways. The article also said that Cream and Sly Stone might make suprise appearances. Later

If he does indeed go to the show, this will be Sly Stone's first major public appearance in 13 years. I actually thought he was dead.

hey all obviously Axl was not at the Grammys Thought a duet with Sir Paul or Bruce would have been nice. sly showed! He looked weird, even weirder than Axl! But at least he was there. Lousy winners though, only Kelly Clarkson was a highlight. Audioslave..... Were they ther did they win? nobody said anything, GnR needs to return if only to resurrect rock.

Look at Maddy, bringing out the claws! What's up--first taking on poor Axl for still hittin' the strip bars and now Mariah gets pinged for carrying just a few extra lbs. Granted, nothing could be quite as hot as the weathered and skeletal, crack-addicted Whitney(gotta love those 75lb divas), but I thought she looked pretty much as usual.

I was switching back and forth, but mostly watched Idol, and then tuned into Lost. I started watching, but Stevie Wonder trying to be funny and talking about how good he thought Alicia Keyes looked and I figured it would be a long night if I kept it on....

And unfortunately I agree with madison again. Mariah's looked better. She could have been in better shape for the show, especially since this was touted as her big comeback. With her money she could have personal trainers, nutrionists, private chef, etc. If Oprah can look good, she could too.

Oprah looks good? Depends what week it is, that broad is a human freakin' yo-yo.

By all accounts, Mariah is WAY too much of a real diva for serious exercise, sweating and a personal trainer. Trust me, if she wasn't gonna take any more shit from Tommy Mottola, she sure as hell ain't gonna take it from some towel boy. Can you imagine the guy telling her she's gotta do 10 more minutes on the Stairmaster or...

Or what?!!!

Edited by Turn_It_Up