Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

Guest swwet_child

88 pages? WOW!!! :blink:

Anyway, i must say, after the full version of 'Better' i think i prefer 'TWAT'! 'Better' dissapointed me a little. :(

It's a progressive rocker hun, different kettle of fish.

Well i don't care what it is if i don't like it. :(

I mean... i like it... but after hearing the first 2 minutes of it i was expecting something more awesome!

Maybe it will grow on me though. B)

Anyway, great song!! rock4

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they delete the thread about the full Better? Well, I'll say it again, that song kicks major ass!!! Love how it was refined from the demo. Seriously cool guitars in there, Axl's voice is great. It's a pretty heavy song. Love the way he has mixed in modern elements too. I do find that it may be a touch long given that it's more or less a straight ahead rocker with a fairly standard song structure so it seems that it might go just a bit too long for the type of song it is. Fucking awesome though.

Edited by Old School

I must say I expected "Better" to be a through and through rocker. Very interesting and heavy towards the end. However this will be a huge hit because it's good rock-pop. I think we can expect huge money from this song. I think it should be the first video.

Much like TWAT, half of it is good and half of it is shit. The 2:06 clip that leaked was great, but after that it goes downhill. Axl's voice turns to shit.. he sounds great in the first half of the song and then after the transition in the song, it starts sounding like someone trying to impersonate Axl instead of Axl actually singing.

Plus, the solo sucks because it starts building up and then just stops.

Edited by OTHAFA

I like the song, very good but it needs a lot of work. After 2:06 it's a right mess. The song didn't seem to have any direction and there were too many transisitions in the song which were not smooth. The song doesn't seem to flow. I think this is partly due to Buckethead's playing- even though his guitar playing is fantastic, it breaks up the song and doesn't really fit. This song without Buckethead and a little of reworking will be spectacular.

I can't believe this got to 89 pages - I mean how long is it since.....

Anyways, IMO Better is the best of the three demo's we've heard, yes, it needs some work on the mixing, but...... OMFG even at this stage doesn't it just blow a lot of the current chart stuff out of the water...

Thanks BTW - you know who you are :wub:

yea after the 2 minute one continues...the first part fits but then the slow down for a second and then the solo..i wont deny his skill but it doesnt fit...2:22 to 2:32 BLOWS..but after that its pretty cool to hear axl just scream out the lyrics..but then theres that little computer noise..it made me go...WTF and i jumped back...gah it was bad...the solo at 3:40 is pretty good though....i also like the just like humming part at 4:58 bc that really fits and makes a great ending to the song...just cut out the weird little noises and that little random mix up solo...it makes the song sound awkward...

Let's bear in mind this is a demo and it's ok that it's... well not very good. What the fuck is that? It's like death metal or something. The start of the song is great then it reaches a point of nothing... just nothing. If Chinese Democracy is like that fans will really dislike it. However, remember Axl said that ''Better'' was one of his favourites so it might have had a lot of work done on it since. Too heavy :no:

yea after the 2 minute one continues...the first part fits but then the slow down for a second and then the solo..i wont deny his skill but it doesnt fit...2:22 to 2:32 BLOWS..but after that its pretty cool to hear axl just scream out the lyrics..but then theres that little computer noise..it made me go...WTF and i jumped back...gah it was bad...the solo at 3:40 is pretty good though....i also like the just like humming part at 4:58 bc that really fits and makes a great ending to the song...just cut out the weird little noises and that little random mix up solo...it makes the song sound awkward...

I agree with you, sir.

The ONLY part that doesn't fit, for me, is between 2:22 and 2:32. Everything else, I love.

V~

Edited by mrvics

I'm surprised so many of you dislike the last half of Better and TWAT, those make the songs for me. Especially Better. I was expecting it to stay at that tempo the whole time and maybe have a mellow solo or something, but then it just kicks in to high gear.

I'm a little disapointed. The full version doesn't live up to the expectations I had of the song when I heard the first 2 minutes. Bucketheads sweeps and stuff really ruins the song, and all those annoying sound effect-thingys must go. And I do hope Axl will change the arrangments a lot before release, making it a little more substantial. The song has tons of potential.

Oh, I was positively surprised by the solo starting at 3:39. That's a hell of a solo!!