Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome.....I'm pulling for Finck to hit this out of the park, hope Chinese Democracy brings Guns back in a big way.... rock1

i think the problem most have with finck is the way he plays the old material. but if he played it note for note like slash did he'd be getting bashed for that too. I think most will change their tune when they see stuff like this in the new material.

Awesome.....I'm pulling for Finck to hit this out of the park, hope Chinese Democracy brings Guns back in a big way.... rock1

i think the problem most have with finck is the way he plays the old material. but if he played it note for note like slash did he'd be getting bashed for that too. I think most will change their tune when they see stuff like this in the new material.

You might be right...I don't dig Finck's style on the old material, don't think he has the chops for it, but on his own material like Madagascar and The Blues his work is good stuff, especially The Blues....I hope he fuckin blows me away because I do NOT want to see any element in this album fail.

lol this will probably sound real gay but i love when axl goes ahhhh ahhhh ahhh at the end ...then kicks in the last verse...it gives me chills lol

Haha yeah I was just thinking that when listening to it for the thousandth time. I love this song, and TWAT, every part of both, if anyone disagrees with me, you're wrong.

Seeing Finck live myself, I really really thought his style isn't that much different then Slash's. He just has an industrial background from bands like NIN. He brings that element into any song he plays. Finck in my mind owns the SCOM solo, its not the same as Slash's, its his own. And I just happen to think it sounds better that way.

Any thoughts as to why TWAT is getting ripped to shreds by callers? Sounds like it follows the old school gnr formula....

Because old school GN'R isn't the "in" sound these days. TWAT would've been alot popular if it was released in the early 90's.

Any thoughts as to why TWAT is getting ripped to shreds by callers? Sounds like it follows the old school gnr a fewformula....

cuz its demo cut. It doesn't do the song justice at all. Even the VR demos that were leaked days before contraband came out didn't do those songs justice.

I dont expect a casual fan is going to hear these the same as we do.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

plus hardcore old gnr fans wont say its a good song unless slash is playing on it...like they wont even give it a chance...for me..and i am a HUGE gnr fan..i believe the solos and singing are on par with the likes of Nov Rain and Estranged...when i listen to the song...the words are so emotional and heart felt...when Axl screams i would do anything for u!!! im like wow...such powerful words and vocals...and the end solo...WOW...the 5:27 part makes me smile lol..just like the end of better i get chills...and some people are saying its emo and too industrial..well i say this to them...if a song makes you feel emotions, like a chill down your spine then yeah GnR is the most emo band i have ever heard

I love TWAT, haven't heard a decent version of IRS, only have the 2:06 version of Better and I think its amazing. With that being said, typical newbie shit but I'd be forever grateful if someone could send me a link to the full version of Better. I have to hear this!!

plus hardcore old gnr fans wont say its a good song unless slash is playing on it...like they wont even give it a chance...for me..and i am a HUGE gnr fan..i believe the solos and singing are on par with the likes of Nov Rain and Estranged...when i listen to the song...the words are so emotional and heart felt...when Axl screams i would do anything for u!!! im like wow...such powerful words and vocals...and the end solo...WOW...the 5:27 part makes me smile lol..just like the end of better i get chills...and some people are saying its emo and too industrial..well i say this to them...if a song makes you feel emotions, like a chill down your spine then yeah GnR is the most emo band i have ever heard

I agree 110%.

I'm a hardcore old school GNR fan and if I can give it a chance, anyone can :book:

Let's bear in mind this is a demo and it's ok that it's... well not very good. What the fuck is that? It's like death metal or something. The start of the song is great then it reaches a point of nothing... just nothing. If Chinese Democracy is like that fans will really dislike it. However, remember Axl said that ''Better'' was one of his favourites so it might have had a lot of work done on it since. Too heavy :no:

It is heavy but I don't think too heavy. It's a rocker that is for sure. I would disgaree that it reaches a point of nothing. The song structure is different as he said they might be. He's trying something different he said too. If people want the same old shit from UYI and AFD they are probably going to be disapointed. I like the contrast of the heavy guitar sounds and Axl's ravaging vocals to his softer, more pop-sounding chorus lines. The song is catchy and keeps me coming back to hear it again. I think is going to be one of the heavier ones on the album, I don't think they will all be like this. We're going to get a mix of all kinds of shit.

Let's bear in mind this is a demo and it's ok that it's... well not very good. What the fuck is that? It's like death metal or something. The start of the song is great then it reaches a point of nothing... just nothing. If Chinese Democracy is like that fans will really dislike it. However, remember Axl said that ''Better'' was one of his favourites so it might have had a lot of work done on it since. Too heavy :no:

It is heavy but I don't think too heavy. It's a rocker that is for sure. I would disgaree that it reaches a point of nothing. The song structure is different as he said they might be. He's trying something different he said too. If people want the same old shit from UYI and AFD they are probably going to be disapointed. I like the contrast of the heavy guitar sounds and Axl's ravaging vocals to his softer, more pop-sounding chorus lines. The song is catchy and keeps me coming back to hear it again. I think is going to be one of the heavier ones on the album, I don't think they will all be like this. We're going to get a mix of all kinds of shit.

I can't wait for this album to release...we're almost there and the wait is killing me.....

I guess I am the minority. I think all 3 leaked tracks are far better than The Blues or Madagascar. The metal elements in these songs and his voice really does it for me.

Yeah, right. These songs are really good, but they don't flow well at all.

Fucking studio versions of CD, Blues, and Madagascar would wipe the floor with IRS, and Better.