GNR at Dublin RDS, Friday 9th June 2006 Discussion thread.

gunnai

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ May 20 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can some one explain what the hell is on with these stages crap. Im so very lost...

I am not completely sure but this is what I think is happening:

IF you have a ticket for Guns N Roses then that will act as a ticket to the main stage, so really it doesn't change much for you. The only difference is that they have added another stage somewhere nearby (not too nearby hopefully) with other bands performing on, this will make it like a festival. I am not entirely sure if your ticket entitles you to move to different stages.

So you cant actually go to see therapy or anyone else thats a bit crap they are a great band. I dont see us paying all that money and not being allowed to move around of course you will general admission i think just means you dont have anywhere allocated to be situated during the concert(S) ie you are just satnding and free to move about!

ya i think its just standing get to move about, but standing did cost that bit extra

i'm not going to see any other bands anyway, i'll be waiting for GnR all day :)

hate the other bands anyway

i also heard that the second stage is in a tent and has a small capacity so it'll be interesting to see how this is planned

i think its stupid we are given barely any information which means we can't plan ahead <_<

Guest AxlRox
i think its stupid we are given barely any information which means we can't plan ahead <_<

Exactly.

We were given hardly any information. (& infact its very hard to get information, no-one seems to know) It is obvious that its badly organised especially with the support act fuck up at the beginning.

Plus I got the impression it was a GNR concert, now its a festival with 3stages... shouldnt they have said this first day?

relax, you'll find somewhere when youre there. its more fun when you dont plan ahead, end up in the strangest situations...... :P

i dont know if im stayin the night or goin back up, nowhere booked but we'll want to party after the show. just hang about the bus depot or something i guess.

still havent completely sorted transport.....

its getting kinda close and i still don't have a hotel/B&B

anyone know of any vacancies?

its an urgent request!!

i've been told i can't unless i have a place to stay :(

but i'll be there, no matter what!! :anger:

Dude.... good luck to you... Dublin is packed to the max......GnR, Robbie Williams, The Eagles and Metallica...... the place is hoaching....I had just the same problem when the booking on my hotel failed and i had to find another..... Good luck

its an urgent request!!

Im stopping at camac valley campsite (they have a website) about 5-8miles from city centre. they still have vacancies i think, only 6 euro a night.

Edited by richard333

its an urgent request!!

Im stopping at camac valley campsite (they have a website) about 5-8miles from city centre. they still have vacancies i think, only 6 euro a night.

cheers i'll try that, my sister said her boyfriends aunt might take me in but on the condition i don't get drunk :(

so i'm trying to find other places

Why does the gig come up as 'Guns N' Roses - Download Festival' on ticketmaster? :huh:

its a mini download festival thing

thats why there are 2 stages and shitty support bands because they also play in download-donnington

Why does the gig come up as 'Guns N' Roses - Download Festival' on ticketmaster? :huh:

its a mini download festival thing

thats why there are 2 stages and shitty support bands because they also play in download-donnington

So...what does this mean for us? Do we have to go to the other stage first for the support acts or can we skip them and go straight to the main stage?

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while and I'm a bit lost as to what's happening

planofRDS.png

that's the lay out

i'm pretty sure if you have a General Admission ticket you may freely roam around from stage to stage

i'm going straight to the mainstage though!

i don't know what happens with seating tickets, we are given very little info so most of what i say is assumptions

stupid promotors :anger:

EDIT: a friend of mine says the second stage/tent is very small so if you want to get in there get in early, it also means that the people who can't fit in will go to the mainstage and wait, so get there early too

Edited by vicious

I've just bought a ticket for my friend but I got a problem with the delivery:

for the foreigns countries I had to choose the BOX OFFICE option: Tickets being held at the Box Office can only be retrieved by the card holder with the original credit card used for this purchase. Please also bring your booking confirmation number.

So Where is this BOX OFFICE?

thanks a lot rock3

for the foreigns countries I had to choose the BOX OFFICE option: Tickets being held at the Box Office can only be retrieved by the card holder with the original credit card used for this purchase. Please also bring your booking confirmation number.

thanks a lot rock3

its at the RDS arena, try to get them before the day of the show, just in case there is a problem you'll have plenty of time to sort it out

thanks a lot rock3

its at the RDS arena, try to get them before the day of the show, just in case there is a problem you'll have plenty of time to sort it out

As I thought....Thanks a lot

Anybody still looking tickets? I have a few for sale still on eBay. Unfortunatly I bought a few too many. I got overexcited and bought 8 lol I have 4 still not sold on eBay, 2 definately have to go. I am selling for £34.49. Have a look if you're interested. There is free postage and no charge for paypal :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

EDIT: I just read some of the other pages in this thread, I see a few of you don't have a place to stay yet? I have booked a 5 bedroom appartment and still have atleast one single room left if anyone is interested? Ofcourse the appartment is booked under my name and is my responsiblity, so if anyone does take me up on this offer, I will have to expect them not to fook about and be a general ass as I will have to pay for damages :anger: Contact me via the ask a seller a question link on that eBay listing if your interested. The room will be cheap, infact the whole appartment is cheap, I book it mooonths in advance :D

Edited by KyleR

Anybody still looking tickets? I have a few for sale still on eBay. Unfortunatly I bought a few too many. I got overexcited and bought 8 lol I have 4 still not sold on eBay, 2 definately have to go. I am selling for £34.49. Have a look if you're interested. There is free postage and no charge for paypal :)

i'd sell them outside if i were you,somebody's bound to buy them there

i might hav a spare ticket too which i'll be selling outside

i'd sell them outside if i were you,somebody's bound to buy them there

i might hav a spare ticket too which i'll be selling outside

Well before I posted on eBay I have 6 spare after a few mates dropped out like asses and others got their own, I didnt really want to take the risk of noone wanting them and end up costing me £350 for one ticket. I have never seen anyone outside the RDS looking tickets. There wasn't any that I saw at the Metallica concert. If they don't sell before the concert I will ofcourse take them with me.