AXL ROSE sighting

vedderone

If you think Axl doesn't care how people view him then you are INSANE. How people in the public eye see him is probably of the utmost importance to him. If it wasn't, he would have gotten those ridiculous hair plugs and gone through all the facelifts/botox/whatever else he does. He's trying to stay young and "Hip", when all he really needs to do is just be himself.

He REALLY cares what people think about him - the problem is, he thinks his new look is actually good.

Yeah, just like he thought he looked good in those biker shorts in the 90's. Right?

I love the man because he's different and he does what he wants. I've said it before and I'll say it again...As long as he doesn't end up looking like Michael Jackson he can do whatever he wants.

The Axl of the old days days and the Axl of today are two different people. The Axl of the old days was young, cocky, and didn't give a fuck. The Axl of today is older, maybe a little wiser, but also very more aware of his public perception. He, much like the man you mentioned (Michael Jackson), has gone to great lengths to try to update his image and stay "hip" for teenagers (braids, botox, baggy clothes), but in the end he just comes up looking ridiculous.

If the old Axl ever met the new Axl, he'd beat the shit out of him.

i agree on this, my opinion is axl needs to go back and not give a fuck, just do what he wants!

maybe he is doing what he wants tho? and if he is, who are we to disagree?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Do you think he ever cared what the public thought of him? Honestly, if he really cared Chinese Democracy would have been out YEARS AGO!! He would have just thrown together an album and said fuck it. But no, he doesn't give a shit how many people complain or whine that it's been so long....

If you think Axl doesn't care what people think of him or how they react to his music, think again, my friend. That's why he's taken as long as he has to finish the album. He has a tremendous amount of pressure on him to create a masterpiece in the wake of the band's split and all the time that's passed, and I'm guessing he doesn't want to fail. Do you really think he'd be playing his CD to strippers in Las Vegas and clubbers in NYC in the middle of the night if he didn't care what anybody thought?

And then there's the leaked demos .... but that's another story.

.. Listen, I don't care how he dresses, how his face looks, how fat/bald people say he is, what color his goattee is. He could come out wearing a pink tu tu in ballett slippers and sing Rocket Queen on a mechanical bull for all I care. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! ..

Spoken like a true fan. And I'm certain 99% of the people on this forum agree with you.

But it's not the diehard fans that Axl needs to win over -- it's the new fans who don't know his music. And that's where marketing and image come in.

Madison I never said that he doesnt care about how people will react to his MUSIC, I was talking about the way he dresses. Of course he cares about the music because that's why its taking so long.

... Do you think he ever cared what the public thought of him? Honestly, if he really cared Chinese Democracy would have been out YEARS AGO!! He would have just thrown together an album and said fuck it. But no, he doesn't give a shit how many people complain or whine that it's been so long....

If you think Axl doesn't care what people think of him or how they react to his music, think again, my friend. That's why he's taken as long as he has to finish the album. He has a tremendous amount of pressure on him to create a masterpiece in the wake of the band's split and all the time that's passed, and I'm guessing he doesn't want to fail. Do you really think he'd be playing his CD to strippers in Las Vegas and clubbers in NYC in the middle of the night if he didn't care what anybody thought?

.. Listen, I don't care how he dresses, how his face looks, how fat/bald people say he is, what color his goattee is. He could come out wearing a pink tu tu in ballett slippers and sing Rocket Queen on a mechanical bull for all I care. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! ..

Spoken like a true fan. And I'm certain 99% of the people on this forum agree with you.

But it's not the diehard fans that Axl needs to win over -- it's the new fans who don't know his music. And that's where marketing and image come in.

Madison I never said that he doesnt care about how people will react to his MUSIC, I was talking about the way he dresses. Of course he cares about the music because that's why its taking so long.

But music and image walk hand in hand these days.

allways has mate, what people are forgetting he's not on stage he's at a airport!.

allways has mate, what people are forgetting he's not on stage he's at a airport!.

Exactly. An airport. NOT a concert.

Ha. whats funny is this lady came into my work today and was trying to convince me she saw Axl Rose last week.. she was dead serious about it too. The funny thing is that it was in Grand Prairie.... now if any of you know anything about Canada.. its pretty much nowhere.. and there is nothing to do there... but apparently they have lots of good drugs :book:

She claimed that he was with a bunch of body guards and that he no longer had any braids

hmmm there apparently is a GP in texas.. i am pretty sure this lady was from canada

Edited by Gillian

Axl used to be the coolest fucker on earth now he is the king of all douche. learn to appreciate what you have in life people because one day you can lose your mind and fuck it all up like this idiot did. The first thing that Weiland used to insult Axl was his looks . Evrytime someone says something about Axl it's about his looks. The fact of the matter is that looks is 70% of what the music industry is all about . If looks didn't matter why do you think douche Axl had plastic surgery done?? It was a mistake but the reason he did it was because he was worried about his looks. You people need to stop with the " All that matters is that the music is good" crap because that is not true. Whether you want to admit it or not the reason Axl was big back in the 80's was because of his attitude and style . if Axl would have came out dressed like a disco freak singing "welcome to the jungle" in 1988 he would have been laughed off stage no matter how great he sounded.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

I don't think Axl cares what people think when it comes to his dress sense and clothing, Axl don't care about image and all that stuff. He has said that many times.

His music is another thing, of course he would like people to enjoy his music, but if Axl is not 100% happy and satisfy with it, then he won't let people listen to it, and I think he is otherwise he wouldn't be playing it in clubs recently.

Please - please - somebody take him shopping and teach him how to dress again.

I don't usually care what he wears -- but my God, there's a limit if he's going to start wandering around in public again and wants to maintain some credibility - not to mention dignity - as a rocker. Sorry - but the oversized sweatsuits and sweatshirts have to go.

Axl - if you need help, give me a call.

Agreed. Personally I this this look is cool:

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1990/19900407photo06.jpg

i agree, i always loved that look on him :wub:

He looks straight out of Lynyrd Skynyrd in that shot. Skynyrd sucks. :(

This just shows how die hard some axl fans here can be. Even when he dresses badly people still deny it or say it doesn't matter.lol

Axl looked pretty badass in 2002 vma's, I hope he carries that look over minus the braids ofcourse...

:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with being a die hard fan. Celebrities dress DOWN when in public,so the chances of them being noticed are slim. Going out to clubs,playing music and walking through an airport are two different things all together.

I will say,I would never in a million years,wear something like that. But he likes it so fuck it.

Guest JohnUlmer

If you think Axl doesn't care how people view him then you are INSANE. How people in the public eye see him is probably of the utmost importance to him. If it wasn't, he would have gotten those ridiculous hair plugs and gone through all the facelifts/botox/whatever else he does. He's trying to stay young and "Hip", when all he really needs to do is just be himself.

He REALLY cares what people think about him - the problem is, he thinks his new look is actually good.

Yeah, just like he thought he looked good in those biker shorts in the 90's. Right?

I love the man because he's different and he does what he wants. I've said it before and I'll say it again...As long as he doesn't end up looking like Michael Jackson he can do whatever he wants.

The Axl of the old days days and the Axl of today are two different people. The Axl of the old days was young, cocky, and didn't give a fuck. The Axl of today is older, maybe a little wiser, but also very more aware of his public perception. He, much like the man you mentioned (Michael Jackson), has gone to great lengths to try to update his image and stay "hip" for teenagers (braids, botox, baggy clothes), but in the end he just comes up looking ridiculous.

If the old Axl ever met the new Axl, he'd beat the shit out of him.

The problem with Axl is not that he's trying to follow a trend - it's that he's trying to make a new trend out of many pre-existing ones. He used to be brilliant at it - the bandana, the baseball cap over the bandana in the Patience video, the early '90s clothing experiments on-stage (short-shorts, etc.). It worked back then, but it isn't now, because he seems to have lost all style sense.

Look at the VMAs performance. He tried to blend goth with hard rock and gangsta rap/nu-metal (braids, jerseys, goth guitarists) and on top of that he added a guy with a bucket on his head for "shock"/originality factor. It didn't work. It looked like a clown parade.

Now he's trying to mix nu-metal with gangsta rap again and it just looks pathetic.

I don't think he should go back to the '80s look -- that would be pathetic -- but his style should match his music: he needs to be more mature, and I think the first step would be accepting who he is or rather what he is as an aging rock star and adapt a more natural and less obvious approach.

:rofl-lol: OMG THIS THREAD! :rofl-lol:

But it is true.The clothes need to go.No matter if he is famous or not,it looks so damn right down ridiculous!Even for the ordinary JOE!It's one thing that,yes,he may be traveling and wearing baggy clothes.But it is a whole other ballgame,when the clothes he has on,is baggy enough to fit over and elephants ass!

The "Not What To Wear" show comment.....lets turn him in dang it!

And the one about "if the old Axl saw the new Axl,the old Axl would kick the new one's ass!"OMG SO FUCKING TRUE!!!!!!!!Not only would he kick his ass,he would tear those braids out by the roots. :rofl-lol:

Where are thos pics from a few yrs ago when he was shopping?Those clothes in that pic are just fine.Loose pants(not elephant ass fitting ones)and a regular t-shirt.Just fine right there.And you can get leather pants that are not skin tight. :rolleyes:

Edited by SweetRose

damn i can't believe i read 8 pages of this gay shit

Well, if Axl sees this thread, I'll bet he'll think twice about allowing a fan to take his pic next time. Oh well ... I still hope he hears what fans are saying.

I can't believe this debate is still going strong. If image is so important, how come Neil Young is so successful? Could it be people are more interested in his songs, not his "image"? I think Axl is more concerned with people liking his music, not his clothes. Oh, and by the way, he was at an airport, not on stage.

Well, if Axl sees this thread, I'll bet he'll think twice about allowing a fan to take his pic next time. Oh well ... I still hope he hears what fans are saying.

ha well I hope he hears the fans on the topics of...Album, tour, what the hell he's been doing, etc. Not as to whether some GNR fans, albeit a small number care about his clothes and or style.

Lol. most of these posts sound like Pulp Fiction. We're all tryin to get the box, yet we dont know what's in it. :P

PAZ

I wonder who he is talking to.

leaving hate mail on Scott Weilands answerin machine. :rofl-lol:

PAZ

maybe he'll dress better...or worse. :confused:

PAZ

Axl rules man, but there's a difference between dressing down, like the first airport pic a few weeks back, and dressing retardedly, aka this pic.

Axl needs to ditch the braids, cut his hair shorter (like the '99 mugshot), wear some nice jeans, a decent shirt and some boots. It would look fine. He doesn't need to "prove" anything.

There ya go. I agree with that. Doesn't take a freakin' rocket surgeon. The big thing is he should wear shirts that actually fit him, so he doesn't look like a fuckin' moo moo wearing fatass when he has no reason to.

To be honest I want his voice to go back to its roots a lot more than his clothes; if he sounds better than in 2002 than I probably won't even care about anything else.

Edited by Ant

What the hell is up with the fat thing? "He's not skinny anymore" WTF? In all the latest pics of him I can't see where he is heavy at all, he looks trim and fit. Yeah it seemed he had put a few pounds on there a few years back but he looks pretty thin to me now. WTF?

The problem with Axl is not that he's trying to follow a trend - it's that he's trying to make a new trend out of many pre-existing ones. He used to be brilliant at it - the bandana, the baseball cap over the bandana in the Patience video, the early '90s clothing experiments on-stage (short-shorts, etc.). It worked back then, but it isn't now, because he seems to have lost all style sense.

Look at the VMAs performance. He tried to blend goth with hard rock and gangsta rap/nu-metal (braids, jerseys, goth guitarists) and on top of that he added a guy with a bucket on his head for "shock"/originality factor. It didn't work. It looked like a clown parade.

Now he's trying to mix nu-metal with gangsta rap again and it just looks pathetic.

I don't think he should go back to the '80s look -- that would be pathetic -- but his style should match his music: he needs to be more mature, and I think the first step would be accepting who he is or rather what he is as an aging rock star and adapt a more natural and less obvious approach.

Agree 100%, great post. It's one thing that pisses me off about Axl these days. He needs to seriously change his fucking style - more natural and less obvious, that's a great start.