* Un-confirmed* NYC SHOW WITH ORGINAL MEMBERS

G'n'R = GoDs

fuckin right fella! Reunion is not going to happen, and personally I don't want there to ever be a reunion. The current line up of gnr is fuckin amazing, and in six months time I would bet my mortgage that most people will prefer it!!

That would just be stupid

Tell me, why would that "be stupid". Accept the fuckin past fella and enjoy the present. You want the previous line up, stick UYI on your stereo. Stop insulting the current line up by intimating that a reunion would inevitably be better. Sorry, it would not! Fuckin fact.

And your basing this "fact" on?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Steven,zizzy, slashy, Duffy, and axl for a reunion...that would be great rock3

THE ATHEIST PRAYER

REALITY CHECK takes a look at the facts behind the POWDER COCAINE LAW

zizzy and slashy is that a new act on SNL? :laugh:

laval = 'Warchild Lite'... same weak flavor with less of a bitter after taste :rofl-lol:

IF a reunion were to happen, it would be at Rio, not the NYC shows. Unless of course it happened on the 14th, the show I will be at.

Now that is laughable! Do you seriously think the guys in the band are going to play these warm up shows in NYC just so the original guys can play in rio?? :rofl-lol: Some of you people are so deliusional.

I cannot wait until the 12th when you Slash optimists will be silenced once and for all rock2 rock3

NYC are just warm up shows; the rumor was that Slash & Co would do TWO shows; makes sense that one of them would be RIO. I am not saying it WILL happen. I said IF.

And IF there was a "reunion" of any kind, I think it would only be Slash anyway. Duff is playing with AIC this summer, Izzy isn't coming back, Steven is still fucked up, Matt hadn't spoken to Axl in 6 years.

NYC are just warm up shows; the rumor was that Slash & Co would do TWO shows; makes sense that one of them would be RIO. I am not saying it WILL happen. I said IF.

And IF there was a "reunion" of any kind, I think it would only be Slash anyway. Duff is playing with AIC this summer, Izzy isn't coming back, Steven is still fucked up, Matt hadn't spoken to Axl in 6 years.

Sorry, I just don't see the members of the band going along with something like that, its a huge slap in the face.

And personally, I've always felt that Slash had a little more loyalty to the other ex-members than to reunite with GNR without them (axl and the current lineup). What do you think Duff or Izzy would think about Slash touring with GNR the way it is? I think it would totally kill all chances of the old band ever fully reuniting, but I think thats already ruined anyways.

Sorry, I just don't see the members of the band going along with something like that, its a huge slap in the face.

And personally, I've always felt that Slash had a little more loyalty to the other ex-members than to reunite with GNR without them (axl and the current lineup). What do you think Duff or Izzy would think about Slash touring with GNR the way it is? I think it would totally kill all chances of the old band ever fully reuniting, but I think thats already ruined anyways.

How is it a slap in the face? None of them have to leave for Slash to come back.

As far as the ex band-members go, who knows? If it is in fact true, maybe he did talk it over with them.

• 2 weeks later...

well I just called Irvin asking for info, and in fact the guy said "to our knowledge, yes, the original members will be playing" :rofl-lol: that fucking rocks :xmasssanta: rock3 rock2 rock3 .......although if it doesn't happen I couldn't care less :krider:

Kannon.

Guest RonMexico82

Well we will all find out soon enough. I do think that it is very unlikely that Axl will tour with the old members before Chinese Democracy is released. Although when has a self confessed psycho basket case and several junkies ever done anything rational. :P

Guest RonMexico82

They don't know what you mean by "original".

bY "ORIGINAL" members, does that mean Steven too? Thatd be wicked!!!

Yeah it would be interesting to see if the drool from his mouth affects his sound.

How come the Ticketmaster site lists Finck, Fortus and Brain, then?

It's likely they were just fooling with you or mistaken. It happens.

I do have some amount of hope that Slash may re-join the band because of the rumors afloat right now that he's leaving VR (and I remember someone said back in 2004 that Slash allegedly disliked Scott Weiland which supports it) -- but we can't give it much credibility until something more substantial comes about. Otherwise it'll just create a lot of disappointment when Axl takes the stage with "new" GN'R this year.

The only thing that keeps bugging me about it is that they supposedly haven't found a guitarist to replace Buckethead yet...which seems strange. But...the chances of Axl and Slash reuniting now are slim. Think about it.

Going on a Chinese Democracy tour with Slash when Slash hasn't played on any CD songs? He'd have to have time to practice them and learn them. That takes more than, what, a little over a half-month?

one day slash went to Axl's house they re-recorded all of chinese democracy in one night, then Axl told the world about it and Slash denied it, Slash went back to Velvet revolver to tell his friends he didnt wanna be a band with them anymore so he packed up and left the studio, then he took a little walk to sanctuary records, and asked the man if he could see Axl so he did, then Axl was all "You're stupid" and Slash was all "No dude i wanna come back to GNR" then Axl was like "Ohhh dude ill give you all this money to re-join GNR" and Slash was angered by the fact that he was called stupid so he was like "No" and Slash ran off to his house and started to play guitar, realizing he had made a mistake, then buckethead knocked on his door to give him the KFC he ordered. The next day Slash had a stomach ache so he went to the doctor, but it turned out Izzy became a doctor!!! oh my godd! so they were talking and Slash was like "yeah man i was offered a bazillion dollars to re-join GNR" and Izzy was like "man maybe if i come back too i could get that much money!" Slash said "Lets go find Duff and Matt" so they went back to VR Camp to find Matt and Duff, they got them to go with them to see Axl and Axl was all "Hey guys, im really sorry about the past 10 years, if i give you a bunch of money will you re-join? we can tour like old times and be buddies!!!" so they accepted the money and they signed for the NYC gig, Ticketmaster is wrong because this all happened long before the gigs were booked.. The End..

James S.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I have been a fan since 1987, while I LOVE the original band and regret never seeing them in concert, they LEFT for whatever reason. Would not be right for them to come back. If the leaked tracks are any indication, I think they sound awesome now. Would love to see them, but alas, will have to wait until they go on an extended U.S. tour, COME TO INDIANAPOLIS PLEASE AXL :heart:

Edited by oohwa