Apparently...

buzzkillz

Crowds chanting for Civil War and singing all of Dont Cry... Pretty sad this GNR wasnt up to the task.

'Crowds' being the operative word. Not up to the task? Like you have a clue? You really need a hobby man. This is not worthy of an entire thread. It's not constructive or poignant in any way. Christ. - :ph34r:

Edited by Ions

What can you do? Paly all the songs? Well, it's an idea. Civil War is a bit heavy for this poptastic version of GNR. There's so many songs they could do. Anything Goes and Breakdown are way under used. But they don't even do Move to the City anymore, way too rock n roll. New direction is pop metal, kids.

Don't forget that this is the first major tour that they play in years. I also had the same feeling after the show i saw, but now i think that this band has to grow first before they start playin' other songs besides of Appetite. It's a bit like crawling on a ladder. You start with the first sport when you do that. The same happens now with G N' R and the first sport of the ladder for them is Appetite for destruction. Axl also must have the feeling that everything is right now. That this band is the band that he feels is G N' R and not some replacement to fill the emptiness. There are plans that they gonna tour the U.S. later this year. Be patient,something (setlist,...) will change.

What can you do? Paly all the songs? Well, it's an idea. Civil War is a bit heavy for this poptastic version of GNR. There's so many songs they could do. Anything Goes and Breakdown are way under used. But they don't even do Move to the City anymore, way too rock n roll. New direction is pop metal, kids.

Funny, seems like they were already classified as pop metal.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best...l-hair-art.html

Name 1 - Europe were pop metal. They ruled. What I'm saying is that the Rythmn n' Blues have gone from GNR. There's no 14 Years style boogie, there's no Stonsey feel to any of the new songs. To me the sound has moved on to be more pure GNR. There were influences on the other albums where I would say they were sounding a bit like their heroes. But now they sound basically like GNR. I can't put my finger on it but seems the sound is closer to pure GNR. Oh My God couldn't be anyone else but GNR.

Name 1 - Europe were pop metal.

No their not. Europe is a rockband with pop influences. It's just impossible to mix pop and metal together. People in the press where calling G N' R a metal band back in the '80s. Listen to Metallica's ...And justice for all for and G N' R's Appetite for destruction for example. A big difference if you ask me.

I would say that Europe were a manufactured band, they looked like a metal band of the time. What about fucking Winger they must be Pop Metal. I see what ur saying true metal bands would say you can't be both. Avenged Sevenfold is poppy Metal?

When you looked at GNR AFD era they really looked like a heavy metal band. And the album was like Thrash meets Rock. But before AFD they were more rock n roll. Then on Lies they went more Stonsey. Then UYI Queen meets The Sex Pistols.

I just think the two strands which Axl is following the most from GNR is his piano pop rock ballads and then these metal or metalic rock songs, but there's no bar room songs.

Maybe GNR are the first pop metal band ever?

Name 1 - Europe were pop metal. They ruled. What I'm saying is that the Rythmn n' Blues have gone from GNR. There's no 14 Years style boogie, there's no Stonsey feel to any of the new songs. To me the sound has moved on to be more pure GNR. There were influences on the other albums where I would say they were sounding a bit like their heroes. But now they sound basically like GNR. I can't put my finger on it but seems the sound is closer to pure GNR. Oh My God couldn't be anyone else but GNR.

I totally agree with you. Couldn´t have put my own feelings better in words. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, they sounded a bit like their rock or BLUES heroes, and it´s cool but I never really felt for that part of gnr(blues part).

Well, it´s "Dust n Bones" now :P

What I'm saying is that the Rythmn n' Blues have gone from GNR. There's no 14 Years style boogie, there's no Stonsey feel to any of the new songs. To me the sound has moved on to be more pure GNR. There were influences on the other albums where I would say they were sounding a bit like their heroes. But now they sound basically like GNR. I can't put my finger on it but seems the sound is closer to pure GNR. Oh My God couldn't be anyone else but GNR.

I know exactly what you fuckin' mean! I have tried hard to classify it but I can't. It's like they started out classic Rock N' Roll/Metal and have evolved into a nu-metal style. I really don't know where to put them because all the songs are so electro sounding with high riffage and trippy atmospherics. In some ways they don't have the musical complexity of old GN'R music but in other ways they have a lot more.

I'm glad someone else has thought about this. :laugh:

Edited by W. Axl Kev