My guitar playing

Hey i have been playing guitar now for 1 year. I am quite good now and i'm in a band but we have only had one practice so far. I know all the basic chords and some others(Majors,Minors etc.) and im good at scales and making my own stuff. But for some reason fell my learning has slowed down alot and it could just be me but i feel im now learning at an extremelly slow pace. It might fell thet way because as a beginner theres alot to learn and now theres not as much to learn. I have noticed people who have been playing shorter than me are creeping up on me now and it's worrying. It's not that i'm not good because i am quite good and enjoy my playing but i can't be bothered to put effort into learning new songs and solos for instance i wanted to learn the coheed and cambria solo(welcome home) but i couldn't be bothered i feel i would rarther make up my own stuff anyone else have this at all ?

Cheers sorry for any spelling mistakes and if i go on alot. :)

Hey i have been playing guitar now for 1 year. I am quite good now and i'm in a band but we have only had one practice so far. I know all the basic chords and some others(Majors,Minors etc.) and im good at scales and making my own stuff. But for some reason fell my learning has slowed down alot and it could just be me but i feel im now learning at an extremelly slow pace. It might fell thet way because as a beginner theres alot to learn and now theres not as much to learn. I have noticed people who have been playing shorter than me are creeping up on me now and it's worrying. It's not that i'm not good because i am quite good and enjoy my playing but i can't be bothered to put effort into learning new songs and solos for instance i wanted to learn the coheed and cambria solo(welcome home) but i couldn't be bothered i feel i would rarther make up my own stuff anyone else have this at all ?

be an original. make your own stuff up if you feel you're better at that. i mean bands are supposed to write and make up their own songs not just copy others

DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHERE OTHERS ARE COMPARED TO YOU! Music is about individuality man.... move at your own pace and do things your own way.

I'm also the same way though dude... My improv seems to be stale after a minute or so.. and I seem to get less and less comments on my playing as I seem to feel that I'm getting better... so it sucks because I don't know whether my playing is really getting worse or what

im in exactly the same boat, its annoying <_<