Last couple of shows...

buzzkillz

I want to know what you GNR pros have to say about the last couple of shows... Not only were they some of the shortest sets "the new" GNR has played, but only ONE new song was performed. What rationale could be behind this?? To me, it doesn't look good for an album coming out in 3 months, thats for sure. Something sure smells funny in the GNR camp between the Bumblefoot situation and this.

He's probably just fed up of people bootlegging them. Hell if he played any new songs we haven't heard there'd be no point in bringing out the album-people will have already have bootlegged the whole thing. Why he isn't playing the new songs we've already heard? Who knows, he probably just reckons the classic stuff will go down better with the average fan.

I want to know what you GNR pros have to say about the last couple of shows... Not only were they some of the shortest sets "the new" GNR has played, but only ONE new song was performed. What rationale could be behind this?? To me, it doesn't look good for an album coming out in 3 months, thats for sure. Something sure smells funny in the GNR camp between the Bumblefoot situation and this.

I think the problems is that 90% of the people don't know the new songs. I've seen it, the crowd drops in silence, I guess that doesn't motivate playing the new songs.

mr.Q

Im sure CD maddy, better and IRS and i pray t.w.a.t will be played during the last uk shows

maybe the other songs havent been played because axls voice is a tad weak, from nearly two months of doing the same vocally powerful songs

better has been played at almost every show, im sure the the scream in the middle is very draining maybe axls getting his voice back

but really i have no idea why only the blues has been played.

I don't know what to say man, but the boredom is setting in and later it will be apathy. I think a lot of fans besides the asskissers here are sick and tired of the AFD setlists. Its fuckin boring. Atleast the UYI tour had a good mix of old and new. At this point, the band is playing old shit and if I want that I can listen to the old 2002 bootlegs where Axl's voice may not be that good, but we had a kickass guitarist like Buckethead playing the fuck out of the old songs.

I hope Mr. Rose has a different setlist for the north american tour otherwise nobody will give a shit. This isn't europe, american fans are a tough apathetic crowd.

I don't know what to say man, but the boredom is setting in and later it will be apathy. I think a lot of fans besides the asskissers here are sick and tired of the AFD setlists. Its fuckin boring. Atleast the UYI tour had a good mix of old and new. At this point, the band is playing old shit and if I want that I can listen to the old 2002 bootlegs where Axl's voice may not be that good, but we had a kickass guitarist like Buckethead playing the fuck out of the old songs.

I hope Mr. Rose has a different setlist for the north american tour otherwise nobody will give a shit. This isn't europe, american fans are a tough apathetic crowd.

..i think he knows that...

...i think the best is yet to come..

This isn't a tour to promote Chinese Democracy, its just a regular tour of Europe. once the Album is released, then you'll see Axl playing a lot of new stuff. Like someone said, why would Axl play new stuff to have them bootlegged. Notice how the only new stuff he played we're the leaks, it's cause people heard them already.

And I don't know why 95% of the people here are bitchin that GnR aren't playin new stuff. I mean, you should be happy that you get to see them. I've never seen them and they came to my town 18 years ago. I wasn't even 2 years old when they came. If I saw GnR and they we're 3 hours late and played 2 songs, I'd still be happy. rock3

dint they have problems with the tech standpoint of the shows?.. and he cut it short due to that.. or something i heard.. or a fight or something i duno.. just prolly BS that i heard :-P.. like axl says internet fuckers.. but ya just let him and let him do what he wants hes playing old stuff to show he still can do it .. but he should do couple of the crazy ones like estranged or coma or locomotive or breakdown.. something of that nature.. he got izzy im sure he still remembers them :-P.. but i duno i love gnr and im waiting for the cd.. their prolly not coming near Pa anytime soon.. soo i may as well wait for a cd or dvd or just sum clips that i have.. ugh i wanna c them live damn it.. ..lol but i dont feel like goin cross country for it tho..

I suppose most rock fans dont care about new material. They just want to hear the old stuff and some of them never saw GNR at the time for whatever reason. Hardcore fans will never be happy so why slog thru all this new stuff for a few people. Maybe Axl is rewriting all the tunes with BBF. Maybe there was a purpose to playin them live to iron them out so you can go in and record them. Maybe the Blues is the final one not finished as Axl rearranges the lyrics.

I wouldnt mind a straight run thru AFD and then play Smoke on the Water as an encore.

Smoke on the Water - GNR's next hit single!

It is a bit odd. But all we can do is speculate and we'd probably be wrong.

I refuse to judge the success of the tour thus far however. Oh sure, I would have liked to hear more new tunes at each of the shows but I think they are building to something bigger here, and so it's a bit premature to judge the plan when we've only seen a fraction of it.

That scream isn't that draining. I can do it. Probably easiest things to sing on the new songs...

Yeah ok. :rolleyes: I'd like to see you try that. If you think its just screaming then you know nothing at all about vocals. I am a singer and I have taken vocal lessons and have actually attempted to learn Better, and I have learned how to sing older Guns songs, and I can do a pretty good Axl Rose. Better is probably the hardest song that Axl has ever sung as far as technique goes, with the breathing and flucuation, not to mention the tone and the notes. And he does a great job doing it live.

Edited by ChineseIRS

who cares if there is 1 new song or 12.... lets just be happy that the band is out and playing...

for the past 4 yrs... what all did we get from them???? nothing....

now they are out performing and for sum of us, we are getting sum really kickass bootlegs!!! the stuff to me sounds great... the band is playin well and axl is doin what he does best... be a fuckin rockstar!!! lets just pray that the european tour follows through, CD gets released in OCT/NOV and the american tour gets underway around mid SEPT with our first single early OCT.... that to me... sounds like a decent time frame!!!

whoever said the US audiences won't show up for this bullshit setlist is on spot. I don't even think I'll go, and I'm a huge fan.

Young Americans like new shit, not a sing alongs with twenty-year old songs that we've all heard a million times.