i want to discuss this video

quadlaser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I've seen Robin live with Guns N' Roses twice and Slash live once with Velvet Revolver. Robin was much more memorable on each occassion. He's a fuckin' great guitar player and yeah from time to time he makes the odd mistake... but Slash used to make loads of mistakes... but pro-Slash people on the board seem to forget that because that's Guns N' Roses! :huh:

What Robin lacks in ability he more than makes up for with his charisma. Everyone who has been to see GN'R live this Summer has found it difficult to fault the performance of Robin because he's so fuckin' good! Fuck the haters! Robin is the best! rock1

You know I've seen Robin live with Guns N' Roses twice and Slash live once with Velvet Revolver. Robin was much more memorable on each occassion. He's a fuckin' great guitar player and yeah from time to time he makes the odd mistake... but Slash used to make loads of mistakes... but pro-Slash people on the board seem to forget that because that's Guns N' Roses! :huh:

What Robin lacks in ability he more than makes up for with his charisma. Everyone who has been to see GN'R live this Summer has found it difficult to fault the performance of Robin because he's so fuckin' good! Fuck the haters! Robin is the best! rock1

excellent post rock3

excellent post rock3

agreed

btw, fuck moreblack

the solos were written that way, so it's not bumble's fault, :fuckyou:

:fuckyou: LET ME ASK YOU SOMETHING? DOES FINCK PWN YOU OR WHAT?!

*Stop the hate bruhhh's*

Finck is fookin awesome doesnt matter if you dont think he is, he could play the hell outta you.

actually no, i'm much better, so are at least 2 other people on this forum. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...63BCD2810F29185

Edited by quadlaser

You know I've seen Robin live with Guns N' Roses twice and Slash live once with Velvet Revolver. Robin was much more memorable on each occassion. He's a fuckin' great guitar player and yeah from time to time he makes the odd mistake... but Slash used to make loads of mistakes... but pro-Slash people on the board seem to forget that because that's Guns N' Roses!

Once again Slash is brought into the discussion by an Axl sympathiser. You just can't stop talking about the great man, can you lads? B)

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think quadlaser is some sort of Slash fanboy. :laugh:

What the fuck is wrong with you people? That solo from Ron sucked dicked. What a load of fucking wankery. I actually prefer Robin's solo.

why didn't axl just get fucking yngwie malmsteen to join the band? fuck.

Glass, you are a complete arsehole......I don't think in all my time on this forum i've read one decent post from you.

UUUHHH :huh: are you serious.

I was listening to the Boston 02 show the other day Robin "Butcher" Finck just down right butchered alot of the solos. He butchered You Could Be Mine, but he really did a number on November Rain. His bending was SOO out of tune at times :confused: All his Gain and Distortion couldn't cover his sloppiness there. It beats the hell out of me why they didn't let Buckethead handle the majority of the solos. I mean listen to his Nightrain Solo. rock3

It's apparent that Robin's a better Rhythm Guitarist than Lead Guitarist. Theres no way Robin could play Bucket's IRS or Better Solo Live. :no:

I think the biggest mistake of the '02 tour was not letting Bucket handle ALL THE SOLOS.

It's too bad Axl is making the same mistake by not letting MR. BUMBLEFOOT handle Robin's Solos. :no: Ron blows Robin away during November Rain. He almost makes you forget Robin's Butchery of the previous solo.

You would think Axl would hold GNR to a higher standard.

Edited by SERPICO

I was at the Manchester concert and when I heard the intro to IRS I nearly died, I love this song and I didn't expect them to play it.

It was just amazing to be there and hear it all, phenomenal. rock3

When you seen robin improvise around the solos in the songs you see how hes two or three pegs lower down than a guitairst like buckethead or bumblefoot, sloppy off time bends and runs and not in a cool bluesy way just a, "i havent been arsed to sit down and learn guiatar," way

Anyone able to rip the audio and post a link please?

Don't see why Ron is getting bashed for his solo being too fast or whatever, Buckethead's solo in the demos were crazy too.

Also, Finck played extremely well in Glasgow I have to say. Thoroughly impressed.

Richard hasn't been asleep for about 2 days 'cause he's been working on a *something* song . . .
He might have said "new" there, interesting. :book:

Monty

Shredding doesn't always fit a song, but in this case it does. Ron's solo was down right amazing. I.R.S. is such an agressive song that the sound of all those notes being played fast just add to the agression.

Finck was pretty good. He may not be as talented as the other guys, but he is charismatic enough to turn that the other way around. I sure prefer Ron to Robin, but he is good, no doubt about it.

It's great to see such an impressive performance of I.R.S., as I consider it the strongest of the leaks and one of the best songs in the GN'R repertoire to play live.

Once again Slash is brought into the discussion by an Axl sympathiser. You just can't stop talking about the great man, can you lads? B)

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think quadlaser is some sort of Slash fanboy. :laugh:

I don't think qualaser is some Slash fanboy but I do think he is wrong about Robin. An Axl sympathiser? I don't know if I'd call myself that but I'm not gonna pretend Velvet Revolver are worth a damn in comparison to Guns N' Roses. ;)

excellent post rock3

agreed

btw, fuck moreblack

excuse you?

Edited by moreblack

Having no interest myself in picking apart the different guitar player's abilities, I'll just say that this perfomance was completely bad-ass all round - The clearest IRS live version I've heard yet rock3

You are Crazy! Robins Playing is pretty Awesome! It's ok if you don't like his style you are just dated. I'm always amused by all the 80's metal lovers that cant let go of the past.

It's not about being dated. Plenty of these people you think are stuck in the past actually like modern players. There's some really good ones out there, Robin's not one of them.

You are Crazy! Robins Playing is pretty Awesome! It's ok if you don't like his style you are just dated. I'm always amused by all the 80's metal lovers that cant let go of the past.

I guess being modern and not dated means playing out of tune.

I guess...

I guess...

then slash was modern the entire use your illusion world tour...

I guess...

then slash was modern the entire use your illusion world tour...

except for most of it.