Guns N Roses AXL is GNR Axl could never be replaced.

someguyintheelevator

I was reminising tonight about the New York Gnr show I saw at the beginning of this summer. How great it was while I was watching the new version of Journey. Journey has a new singer but no matter how hard Journey tries it will never be the same. Sure the new guy is good but he is no Steve Perry.

Thank God Slash or any of the old members aren't running around with a new version of Gnr without Axl. AXL is GNR. Thank You Axl for keeping GNR and keeping the band going. Slash will always be great but he was greater with AXL.

I have seen every lineup of GNR since Appetite. The current lineup is Great!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reminising tonight about the New York Gnr show I saw at the beginning of this summer. How great it was while I was watching the new version of Journey. Journey has a new singer but no matter how hard Journey tries it will never be the same. Sure the new guy is good but he is no Steve Perry.

Thank God Slash or any of the old members aren't running around with a new version of Gnr without Axl. AXL is GNR. Thank You Axl for keeping GNR and keeping the band going. Slash will always be great but he was greater with AXL.

I have seen every lineup of GNR since Appetite. The current lineup is Great!

Cool :)

The truth is however that when Guns N' Roses broke up in 1996/97 unlike his former bandmates Slash, Duff and Matt....he did not have the balls to move on from the break up and accept what happened and to restart his career. The truth is that he is affraid to step out into the real rock world with a band in his own name, and not with that of what was the greatest band ever. Because he knows that his masterpiece album wouldn't be much without the backing of Guns N' Roses songs and without adding the history of the world's greatest band to his own solo band. I think it 's what prevents a lot of people from respecting the man. You can see he 's affraid to play the game fair. And it 's a pity, all this hard work he 's done and all this great music and shows his band do and they ruin every single bit of it by pretending they are Guns N' Roses. They know they aren't, he knows they aren't, Slash said damn well good when he said "I would perform with them on a one off but I will not join a bunch of guys pretending to be Guns N' Roses". However, as I said this is a very great band and they don't need to be verbally bashed just because they pretend to be something they are not, they 're great musicians and can sure as hell play the fuck out of anything. For you other people who agree with this my advice would be, if you don't like the bandname thing...just ignore it and don't call them Gn'R...but you can still love them for their music and how they play. Long live this great band... rock3

The truth is however that when Guns N' Roses broke up in 1996/97 unlike his former bandmates Slash, Duff and Matt....he did not have the balls to move on from the break up and accept what happened and to restart his career. The truth is that he is affraid to step out into the real rock world with a band in his own name, and not with that of what was the greatest band ever. Because he knows that his masterpiece album wouldn't be much without the backing of Guns N' Roses songs and without adding the history of the world's greatest band to his own solo band.

I've always looked at it differently than that:

Why should Axl stop using the Gn'R name because other people chose to depart?

I'm sure we can go back to the whole who's an 'original' member. When Axl formed the band, or the band that was to become Gn'R he was different people - but one of the people he was with was Mr. Izzy Stradlin - and Axl certainly has his blessing.

R.

AXL is GNR.

No he's not. Guns N' Roses is a band not a person .

He is the voice of a band. He is the frontman of a band. But technically, by it's definition, he is NOT a band.

Get the difference?

what about Dave Mustaine and Megadeth? Megadeth is Dave and whoever he decides to hire at the time. i don't hear anyone saying "no Marty, no Megadeth!". what's the difference?

AXL is GNR.

He is the voice of a band. He is the frontman of a band. But technically, by it's definition, he is NOT a band.

Get the difference?

what about Dave Mustaine and Megadeth? Megadeth is Dave and whoever he decides to hire at the time. i don't hear anyone saying "no Marty, no Megadeth!". what's the difference?

You will see the difference when CHD is out ;)

It won't be anywhere near old GN'R stuff that's for sure!

Judging by the leaks...

AXL is GNR.

Get the difference?

The difference is that this isn't a Megadeath forum.

The truth is however that when Guns N' Roses broke up in 1996/97 unlike his former bandmates Slash, Duff and Matt....he did not have the balls to move on from the break up and accept what happened and to restart his career. The truth is that he is affraid to step out into the real rock world with a band in his own name, and not with that of what was the greatest band ever. Because he knows that his masterpiece album wouldn't be much without the backing of Guns N' Roses songs and without adding the history of the world's greatest band to his own solo band. I think it 's what prevents a lot of people from respecting the man. You can see he 's affraid to play the game fair. And it 's a pity, all this hard work he 's done and all this great music and shows his band do and they ruin every single bit of it by pretending they are Guns N' Roses. They know they aren't, he knows they aren't, Slash said damn well good when he said "I would perform with them on a one off but I will not join a bunch of guys pretending to be Guns N' Roses". However, as I said this is a very great band and they don't need to be verbally bashed just because they pretend to be something they are not, they 're great musicians and can sure as hell play the fuck out of anything. For you other people who agree with this my advice would be, if you don't like the bandname thing...just ignore it and don't call them Gn'R...but you can still love them for their music and how they play. Long live this great band... rock3

I think you need to be even more brave to carry on with the name.

I agree... he is braver replacing the other members and carrying on with GUNS N' ROSES. He knows people will not like it and bash him to hell for it, he could easily of called this version of the band AXL ROSE and it would have sold... AXL ROSE is a household name.. But he loves and believes in GUNS N' ROSES and wants to carry on with or without former members.

As I have said a million times....

AXL ROSE

ROBIN FINCK

RON THAL

RICHARD FORTUS

TOMMY STINSON

DIZZY REED

CHRIS PITMAN

BRAIN

is GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES!

deal......

AXL is GNR.

Get the difference?

The difference is that Megadeth has always had a very fluid lineup and Mustaine has always been the voice and primary songwriter, just like Billy Corgan in the Smashing Pumpkins. Axl may have been the main lyric writer, and have written ballads like NR, but the music was mainly other people. When you listen to the new stuff, that definately shows. The difference is that those bands kept redefining themselves with new members, which gnr have yet to do.

People comparing the situation in Megadeth to Guns and Roses are completely ignoring context and are essentially talking from their arse....

Axl was only a component and that is becoming very clear now....

Edited by Mr Estranged

To say "Axl is GNR" is flat-out ridiculous in my opinion. Even if you hate Slash and the old members, at least give some credit to the new guys, or the guys like Tommy, Chris, and Brain who have been members for well over half a decade. Is Axl a HUGE portion of Gnr and, without him, would it not sound like Guns? Absolutely. He is vital to the band and without him it would be hard to have Guns N' Roses (see Velvet Revolver, who sound nothing like Gnr). But to say he is Gnr is wrong and disrespectful to both the old members and the new members.

Great post. rock3

When you get through it all, IMO, Axl is the least replaceable member of GNR. Had every member of the band instead decided to go form their own project from the beginning, and there never was a GNR, I believe Axl would have been the most successful. I agree that they all complimented each other and came together for a great sound, but I will think Axl was always the force behind the band.

The difference is that this isn't a Megadeath forum.

:lol: only Slash fans! :rofl-lol:

Edited by Funeral