Guns N Roses AXL is GNR Axl could never be replaced.

someguyintheelevator

Wow, things are getting hot.

In response to A_D's last post - I'm a fan of both bands but a bigger fan of the old so yes I am somewhat biased. I have a romantic and probably unrealistic view of the way things should be and that's to have Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff all share the same stage. Nevertheless, I don't think fans should simply have to accept the way things are. Yes, we cannot change reality, but that shouldn't mean we have to reserve our displeasure. GN'R was an institution, they were arguably the greatest hard rock act of all time. People have strong feelings towards Slash, Duff, and Izzy (and even to Steven and Matt). This shouldn't be difficult to understand. So there will always be a divergence of opinion based on the direction Axl has decided to take. It's a fine line and it will sometimes get crossed, but the last thing I want to see is either side censored. That would make this place a hell of a lot more boring, and more important a hell of a lot less real. Fans have conflicting views on this issue - either accept it or stress because it isn't going to change.

That's what I dig about this forum over most others...I know I can post my opinions and as long as I do it constructively it likely will not be modded. Others may disagree with this but that has been my experience here. MyGnr is as balanced as it gets (the individual posters may not be, but the collective views expressed definitely are).

Edited by KBear

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, things are getting hot.

In response to A_D's last post - I'm a fan of both bands but a bigger fan of the old so yes I am somewhat biased. I have a romantic and probably unrealistic view of the way things should be and that's to have Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff all share the same stage. Nevertheless, I don't think fans should simply have to accept the way things are. Yes, we cannot change reality, but that shouldn't mean we have to reserve our displeasure. GN'R was an institution, they were arguably the greatest hard rock act of all time. People have strong feelings towards Slash, Duff, and Izzy (and even to Steven and Matt). This shouldn't be difficult to understand. So there will always be a divergence of opinion based on the direction Axl has decided to take. It's a fine line and it will sometimes get crossed, but the last thing I want to see is either side censored. That would make this place a hell of a lot more boring, and more important a hell of a lot less real. Fans have conflicting views on this issue - either accept it or stress because it isn't going to change.

That's what I dig about this forum over most others...I know I can post my opinions and as long as I do it constructively it likely will not be modded. Others may disagree with this but that has been my experience here. MyGnr is as balanced as it gets (the individual posters may not be, but the collective views expressed definitely are).

Well said, KBear..

A respectable post, indeed..

-Kickingthehabit

HELLO EVERYBODY,

Im new here, but not to GNR ,

i went to those NYC shows at HAMMERSTEIN, and they were soooooo amazing, i never seen GNR with SLASH and duff, but I did see VELVET RELOVER, and I must say, that VR, is no where near AXL, with his new GUNS------I love SLASH, DUFF, and MATT, but AXL is just easily the best ever, I cant wait to see him, perform live, again!!!!!!!!!!

Great ( first ) post , my sentiments exactly , Slash is a legend , but i don't think i would go out of my way the way i did to see GNR in Nijmegen as i would to go to see the rest of the old guys , don't get me wrong , i watch Rockstar , Supernova just to see Gilby and i am very fanatic about everything GNR was , is and will be , i have a couple of solo project CD's of Slash, Duff and Gilby ...

I know i'm going nowhere with this , point of post , see qoute above