Young kids need to hear leaked songs, especially BETTER !!!

Rainman

everybody i know who ive shown better to (late teens/early twenties) absolutely LOVES the song. release this as a single and it will surely be a gnr staple for years to come.

My sister, who hates Axl with a passion, was semi-making fun of "Better" yesterday while I was listening to it. She was kind of mocking it, but also noticed how catchy it is. If not for her bias, I'd say she would love the song. But there will always be W. Axl Rose haters out there and they will respond the same way. But the general public will love the song, assuming Axl releases it as a single (you would think it's a guarantee they'll release it as a single, given how strong the reception is when they play it at concerts).

Edited by GNRfan2008

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm 21 and i'll have it pumped fucking loud, in my car at home anywhere! i'll make it cool again!, if people tell you it's gay or too old school, call them fags and pump it even louder! ! :xmasssanta: rock3 ,

I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell

I'm gonna get ya, satan get ya

rock3

Hells bells

Hells bells, you got me ringing

Hells bells, my temperature's high

Hells bells

rock3rock3

long live rock N roll!!!

I like the new music and that's all the fucking matters to me. Fuck everyone else if they don't like it.

Tbizzle

P.S. This is my opinion after I tried to get my brother to like it. He's still trying to be black. I took him to the May 15th concert in New York and he still doesn't like Gnr. So I give up now.

To each his own.

edit: I have also been leaving copies of the demos cds around town, at the mall, at the store etc etc.... so people are getting them, I label them guns n' roses chinese democracy demos, music from the forthcoming album.

You sir, are brilliant.

That is a great idea.

For the people saying, well my friends lose interest when I tell them Slash isnt in the band anymore, heres the trick. You just tell your friends that you wanna play them a new song you just found. Dont tell them its Guns N' Roses or Axl's new songs or whatever, and then let them hear it. Most people just say it sucks just because its Axl or whatever. so you play them the song and then when they say its awesome, THEN you tell them its new Guns and they wont be able to deny that they like it.

I'm 17 going on 18, and all my friends love the new songs. Especially Better, they really need to release it as the first single, it will be huge.

all the kids that are rock fans that i've shown the leaks to at my school totally dug the material. I was surprized because i rant and rave about Gn'R all the time, and i'd get the ocasional "Yeah they had some good songs", meaning the radio hits that they play PC, SCOM, WTTJ.... they all did a double take and were, "oh my god, it sounds so modern. This stuff is incredible." I got a handful of guys that ocasionally ask me once in a while asking when the cd's coming out, and I bite my tongue for i say the dreaded S word..... Soon!#$#$#%

When i say they all i mean for the most part the majority. There were some that are heavily into the emo / pop punk stuff thats posing for rock out there, and thought it was just alright.

Edited by RocknRollDemon5318

I couldn't give a fuck who hears it least of all little fuckers who change fads more than their boxers.

The truth is i just don't fucking care who gets it as long as i do :rofl-lol:

I feel the same way, the little fuckers will prob end up downloadin it anyway.

edit: I have also been leaving copies of the demos cds around town, at the mall, at the store etc etc.... so people are getting them, I label them guns n' roses chinese democracy demos, music from the forthcoming album.

You sir, are brilliant.

That is a great idea.

You should be paid by Merck for the promotion!!

Btw at the three gigs I went to this summer I was amazed at how many youngsters were there. Some were as young as 9. They were all having a great time rocking away to the old songs and the new. Infact the age groups were anything from 9 to 60+ so I think there is still a large audience out there for gnr.

For the people saying, well my friends lose interest when I tell them Slash isnt in the band anymore, heres the trick. You just tell your friends that you wanna play them a new song you just found. Dont tell them its Guns N' Roses or Axl's new songs or whatever, and then let them hear it. Most people just say it sucks just because its Axl or whatever. so you play them the song and then when they say its awesome, THEN you tell them its new Guns and they wont be able to deny that they like it.

I'm 17 going on 18, and all my friends love the new songs. Especially Better, they really need to release it as the first single, it will be huge.

I'm 20, and none of my friends really dig Guns, old or new. A few of the classic hits, and that's it.

I did exactly what you said, with Better. They all think it's a great tune, and wanted to hear more.

I'm sure I'll get bashed to hell for saying it, but here goes anyway.

I hope kids who have never heard GNR before, and then hear Chinese Democracy hunt out AFD/Illusions and love the classics too, if not moreso.. I'd hate to think there are kids out there calling themselves GNR fans when they've only heard one era of the music. (And, in my opinion, the weakest).

Of course they need to learn the history behind GnR and I don´t think there´s any possibility for them to avoid it either. You can be calm.

All GnR kids I know went into GnR via Appatite. And they are actually more old school then GnR´s in my age I know. Almost extreem <_<:P

Me and my friend always arguing with his little brothers and their friends about that classic new vs old shit.

They are typical oldies, worser then the worst on this forum :D

Um..overkill? Seriously. I have no idea why someone would do that, as big of a fan someone may be.

Um..overkill? Seriously. I have no idea why someone would do that, as big of a fan someone may be.

Dude, people do it all the time. I've seen programs on music stations here in Canada, where the host told stories about making a mixed tape and leaving it on the bus all the time. People WILL pick it up. If it's in good shape, some will take it with them.

Kids need to start listening to AFD and classic GNR before listening to some fuzzy unofficial CD demos.

I agree teens and/or kids need to listen to the Illusions and AFD, but they are already out and CD is coming soon and they will decide whether or not GN'R makes it from here on out. The die hards like us, will buy it and support ALL of GN'R, but we need the general public too! I think CD will be loved by all if promoted properly and a single comes out 4-6 weeks before its release. I would release 'Better' as a single and then the video in early to mid October and then release CD the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The biggest shopping day in the U.S. is the day after Turkey Day!!! rock3

Thanks,

Rainman

From Toledo, OH U.S.

I'm sure I'll get bashed to hell for saying it, but here goes anyway.

I hope kids who have never heard GNR before, and then hear Chinese Democracy hunt out AFD/Illusions and love the classics too, if not moreso.. I'd hate to think there are kids out there calling themselves GNR fans when they've only heard one era of the music. (And, in my opinion, the weakest).

I agree

I showed my little brother Better and he thought it was "gay"... but he listens to nothing but Green Day and old GNR so...

That makes him bi-sexual.

Dude, people do it all the time. I've seen programs on music stations here in Canada, where the host told stories about making a mixed tape and leaving it on the bus all the time. People WILL pick it up. If it's in good shape, some will take it with them.

Well I think it's very sad. I want people to like GNR, but I'm not gonna make a CD and leave it lying around for people to find it in hope Axl gets one more follower. That's just fucking weird. I have better things to do with my life.

That's just fucking weird. I have better things to do with my life.

Nah, you can do it while living your life. While you go shopping or whatever. Shouldn't be that hard.

I have emailed all of the leaks to Detroit and Toledo radio stations to open their eyes to the leaks. I have told them they are only demos, but the real stuff is on the way. They should already know that, but promotion is promotion. Anything to help !!! rock3 :devil: rock1

Rainman