If we don't get a release date within the next 3 weeks, can we count out 2006?

Kaneda

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he said we would "hear" the music this year, when he was on some radio interview...but then I think on MTV he said the album would be out later this year. The thing is, he can easily back out of his comment stating unforseen circumstances and once again we are forced to wait.

nobody here is forced to anything. people who are ACTUALLY waiting for this album are mentally disturbed.

It will not be coming out this year.

Some of the replies here sound exactly like the posts from Fall 2001 and 2002....and 2004.....

Jay-Z probably needs less promotion than Axl does in the U.S., and he's already pumping up the hype machine. There's no way Chinese Democracy will come out this year.

midnite on december 31st would be a cool time for a release. he didnt lie that way :D

um, technically if it were released at midnight, that would be next year. So, yeah, that would make Axl look like a liar (eventhough it would probably have been beyond his control).

point taken, how about 11:59pm? literally leaving it until the last minute.

Yeah he said we would "hear" the music this year, when he was on some radio interview...but then I think on MTV he said the album would be out later this year. The thing is, he can easily back out of his comment stating unforseen circumstances and once again we are forced to wait.

nobody here is forced to anything. people who are ACTUALLY waiting for this album are mentally disturbed.

Nobody is just sitting around waiting for the album and doing nothing else. I think its safe to say that if you take the time to register to the forum and check Discussion and News section regularly, youre waiting for Chinese Democracy.

Nobody is just sitting around waiting for the album and doing nothing else. I think its safe to say that if you take the time to register to the forum and check Discussion and News section regularly, youre waiting for Chinese Democracy.

no it means that my work sucks and i hv nothing better to do untill 6 pm.

I am sure there will be some news soon.

maybechinesetd7.jpg

err... the woman isn't buckethead, he's standing further back... she's just a random chinese woman with a KFC bucket on her head as part of the shoot....

which of the other three buckets then?

hmm never noticed the one in the red.... just assumed the one in the yellow was bucket and he wasa wearing his anorak with his hair pushed to the front.... now i'm confused... maybe they're just all women dressed as bucket and the real guy isn't on the video.... this video if it was shot (which it might not have been, might be a fake but Axl does look pretty realistic...) will probably not be used as the whole KFC theme is a bit 2002... they should all be wearing foot shaped hats now :P

I am sure there will be some news soon.

maybechinesetd7.jpg

err... the woman isn't buckethead, he's standing further back... she's just a random chinese woman with a KFC bucket on her head as part of the shoot....

which of the other three buckets then?

hmm never noticed the one in the red.... just assumed the one in the yellow was bucket and he wasa wearing his anorak with his hair pushed to the front.... now i'm confused... maybe they're just all women dressed as bucket and the real guy isn't on the video.... this video if it was shot (which it might not have been, might be a fake but Axl does look pretty realistic...) will probably not be used as the whole KFC theme is a bit 2002... they should all be wearing foot shaped hats now :P

and the one to the right of axl? lol

...when you look at the path other artists are taking, when you look at the promotion surrounding other major 2006 releases...

it is then you realise that Axl is not one of these type of artists.

If he was, you wouldn't like him. He does things however the fuck he wants. We know that there will be little notice, if any, before it comes out.

If it comes, it comes, if not, at least we have some shows to go to, which is more than we had last year. So quit bitchin....

Nothing has changed. To use a mathematical analogy, the curve is approaching the desired y value, but by increasingly, infinitely, smaller amounts, forming an asymtote with it. Regardless of the value of x, the curve will never cut the line y=release, unless the whole formula is changed.

Let's not try to quantify this situation. The album has to be released in the not-so-distant future, doesn't it??? As for the picture, it is a real pic, so there is a good possibility that, that is Axl. I am sure that is him. I assume one of the figures is Buckethead, but who knows. We will never see it anyway. I do not think anything about the coming release will be typical. But I do not see the problem? The band is touring. Axl is in fighting form. We have a tour, we have shows to go to. And we should exploit this regardless of the album, regardless of how many times they play the same songs. Because before you know it, there will be nothing. I will go to every GNR show I can because it is an intergral part of my life. Hardly the most important, but shit, who doesn't like having good music to listen to? Support Axl regardless if what he is doing is not ideal for you. This is what a fan does. Just enjoy the shows we have. There is great music to rock out to. And we all know: anything can happen durring a GNR show. This means good and bad.

I was watching BET the other night and the rapper "The Game" was on promoting his album that comes out in mid-November. They also talked about another huge release, Jay-Z's new album hitting at the end of November. Now while most of you on here will blast rap, Jay-Z probably has more of a following now than Axl Rose, well, he easily does.

If all of these top artists are promoting end of November albums in mid-September, doesn't that give GNR just a few weeks to announce a release date or 2006 is out of the question? I know Axl keeps saying this year, this year, but when you look at the path other artists are taking, when you look at the promotion surrounding other major 2006 releases, it doesn't look good that we will see Chinese D this year.

Also, usually a single/video for a new album release is out at least a month before tha album streets. I just don't believe Axl has a plan for this thing. What do you guys think? We will get a release date soon?

-Chris

He refuses to promote the album so far. The most we get is "this year". Have you ever seen an artist do that before? When they weren't mad at the label or trying to stop an album anyway.

for those who think CD will come out this year , you will be disapointing. every record store knows what they will have in their shop at least 6 months before a realase...

That is such CRAP. HMV, Bestbuy, Futureshop none of these stores have clue what they are getting 2 months from now for the most part let alone 6.

It does not take a long time to print up a million cd's with artwork ect. These things can be left until last minute. Very few bands do massive pre-hype on their albums at least rock bands. Shit most rock bands get very little play on main stream radio so it does not matter when the album is released. If they can sell 3 million plus of a greatest hits album I think it's safe to say that this albulm will sell well.

I agree 100%!

I used to work for a record store and we knew what was coming in no more than 2 weeks before it did. We would just get the release dates faxed over so we knew what to expect. I have faith in Axl but if it doesn't come out this year, I can wait as long as it takes. I've seen them live and have had my Better fix :P

2006 is the year of Guns N' Roses.. That doesn't mean an album necessarily.. (But I still believe you Axl!)

KK x