axl says, "turn the music down!"

pl

i was at the hardrock pool on sunday. they have a big pool party there every sunday called rehab. it's really popular. they charge $20 admission and anyone can get in. it's basically a dance club in and around the pool. they have a live dj playing dance/club style music and it's broadcast on the radio on kiss, and like any dance club, the music is loud, with stacks of speakers set up all around the pool. it's totally crazy. anyone who's been there knows what i'm talking about.

so i was out lounging by the pool (at the mellow end), and the dj said, "guns and roses is playing here tonight. is anyone going to the show? axl rose is staying here and he called to complain about the music. he wants us to turn it down." he said it in a bemused tone as if to say, "isn't that ridiculous?" i asked one of the security guards out by the pool if that was true or was the dj just trying to be funny. he said, "i don't know anything about it."

it sounded likely to me. when i booked my room they asked me if i wanted a pool view or a mountain view and i said mountain view because i'm an extremely light sleeper and i thought it would be quieter (i saw the info about the crazy party on the website which i checked out before i booked my reservations.) later, i realized i needed two beds instead of one so i called back and they said that all the mountain view rooms with two queen beds were booked but that i could book a pool view room with two beds but that it would cost $100 more per night. i think all the suites were on the pool view side of the hotel, which is considered the nicer view, so i'm sure that axl's room was on the pool side. i also know that our man axl likes to stay up all night, sleep all day (who sang that song? hehe), so i can imagine him going to sleep sunday morning after playing the saturday show and partying all night and waking up to ehehe ohoh (imagine club music style beeping) and being pissed and calling management to make them turn it down. how did his people not see that coming? he should hire me as his personal assistant- i always think of things like that.

anyway, i still didn't know for sure it was true. i went to the show that night and axl came on a little late. i wondered to myself if he went on late because he was pissed off about the loud music that interrupted his sleep. just a theory. axl came on at around quarter past eleven or so and a few songs into the show, (i think after knockin' on heaven's door), axl yelled "are you those motherfuckers who were making all that noise at the pool today?" hehe and i thought, "it must be true!"

Edited by pl

By the way, this isn't the first time Axl asks music to be turned down. During the NYC-shows he had a streetperformer (or what evere it's called, someone with bongos anyway) to stop his performance by his assistant (Beta?) so he could get some sleep..