New lawsuit against Axl by LA Art Dealer

jack99

Guest Edward Rose

Seriously! It's like the whole world banded together in this conspiracy to make Axl Rose look like a self-centered, two-faced egomaniac.

Indeed. And I think it has something to do with John Lennon :)

ER

Rocker Axl Rose just got hit with a lawsuit by a Los Angeles art dealer who says he backed out of a deal to

buy a $2.3 million Andy Warhol portrait of John Lennon. The Acquire d'Arte gallery charges in L.A. Superior

Court that, after agreeing to buy the painting, Rose's manager said Axl didn't like the price or didn't have

enough money for final payments. The gallery wants $1.1 million in damages. Rose's lawyer Howard

Weitzman tells us: "Axl owes nothing," adding: "[He] may be the victim of a fraud or misrepresentation."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/454168p-382165c.html

Jesus Christ! When will idiots stop coming out of the woodwork and suing this poor guy???!!! It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for an extra buck...

Seriously! It's like the whole world banded together in this conspiracy to make Axl Rose look like a self-centered, two-faced egomaniac.

Somehow, Slash got to Duff, Matt, Gilby, Adler, Paul Tobias, Zig Zag, Buckethead, Josh Freese, Moby, Mike Clinck, Goldstein, Niveen, this art dealer, that Beverly Hills luxury car shop, that Swiss hotel security guard, the poolside DJ at the Hard Rock in Vegas, and Tommy Hilfiger and convinced them to all play along with his plan to make Axl look bad.

Man, that Slash is one evil mastermind.

Those guys never sued Axl... Neither did Tommy...

Too bad this art agency doesn't know anything about the statute of frauds.

It is a legal term of art which essentailly means, if you are going to enter into a contract to purchase goods or services over $10,000, you must get it in writing with a witness.

This transaction did not satisfy the statute of frauds, and that is why weitsman said what he said.

JE

Rocker Axl Rose just got hit with a lawsuit by a Los Angeles art dealer who says he backed out of a deal to

buy a $2.3 million Andy Warhol portrait of John Lennon. The Acquire d'Arte gallery charges in L.A. Superior

Court that, after agreeing to buy the painting, Rose's manager said Axl didn't like the price or didn't have

enough money for final payments. The gallery wants $1.1 million in damages. Rose's lawyer Howard

Weitzman tells us: "Axl owes nothing," adding: "[He] may be the victim of a fraud or misrepresentation."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/454168p-382165c.html

Jesus Christ! When will idiots stop coming out of the woodwork and suing this poor guy???!!! It never ceases to amaze me what people will do for an extra buck...

Somehow, Slash got to Duff, Matt, Gilby, Adler, Paul Tobias, Zig Zag, Buckethead, Josh Freese, Moby, Mike Clinck, Goldstein, Niveen, this art dealer, that Beverly Hills luxury car shop, that Swiss hotel security guard, the poolside DJ at the Hard Rock in Vegas, and Tommy Hilfiger and convinced them to all play along with his plan to make Axl look bad.

Man, that Slash is one evil mastermind.

:rofl-lol:

Very amusing dude.. made me chuckle!

KK x

Too bad this art agency doesn't know anything about the statute of frauds.

It is a legal term of art which essentailly means, if you are going to enter into a contract to purchase goods or services over $10,000, you must get it in writing with a witness.

This transaction did not satisfy the statute of frauds, and that is why weitsman said what he said.

JE

Well, Axl did cough up a $1.21 million payment (in two installments). The point of contention is the remaining $1.15 million. It appears they're now claiming the painting wasn't worth the sale price. I'm still not clear re: who actually has possession.

pay the man the money for the painting like you promised. he is probably sueing because he took it off the market waiting for Axl.

Axl can raffle it off to a fan thru his website for 5 dollars a pop and make a few million on it if he doesnt want it anymore.

im down for 4.

you know what gets me is if lets say britney spears was going threw this painting crap right now it would be the talk of holywood or whatever but axl dose it and he remains to have a low profile (right now) if it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt know what the hell axl and his crazy antics would be up to week after week

Axl is HUGE, but shit all of those years not doing a tour or anything had to eat away at his pockets.

I remember reading a recent interview with Steven Adler where he said he can basically live on his checks for 15% royalties from AfD still coming in. I also remember reading something from Duff where he said that the GNR Corp. still brings in a lot of money every year.

Axl's got 25% royalties from AfD, more royalties from UYI and the other albums and DVDs, he probably gets royalties from products bearing the GnR logo, he did the work on GTA, etc. He's not stupid; he's probably invested his money well.