Most Underrated GNR Song Ever

dryoung0715

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't Damn Me

So Fine

Bad Apples (hey, I happen to like it ok?!)

and finally, and my personal favourite:

14 Years

xDSGx

That's my kind a' woman :wub:rock3 rock3

And to put... Silkworms on that list ----> PERFECT.

M.

I know its a cover, but Nice Boys.. Axls voice on Live like a suicide is so cool...

I dont like the production of Spaghetti Incident, but I would really love to hear Hair of the dog in a liveversion or in an appetite for destruction kind of way.

That song just starts the party. The original with Nazareth is also a killer.

"Now youre messing with a son of a bitch" Who else than Axl could sing these words more truthfull? That was really a great choice for a coversong.

I think Lies itself is an underrated album, much better than the Illusion albums. So much more true raw rocknroll power. Too much of Illusions are overproduced and Matt Sorum are trying to ruin it all with his oversized drums. I would love to hear Steven play those songs.

I know its a cover, but Nice Boys.. Axls voice on Live like a suicide is so cool...

I dont like the production of Spaghetti Incident, but I would really love to hear Hair of the dog in a liveversion or in an appetite for destruction kind of way.

"Now youre messing with a son of a bitch" Who else than Axl could sing these words more truthfull? That was really a great choice for a coversong.

I think Lies itself is an underrated album, much better than the Illusion albums. So much more true raw rocknroll power. Too much of Illusions are overproduced and Matt Sorum are trying to ruin it all with his oversized drums. I would love to hear Steven play those songs.

I almost completely agree with this, except that Lies is better than the Illusions. It is a very underrated album, very raw rock, I liked Adler better, and Axl's voice does sound cool on Live Like a Suicide. The only problem is that it only has 8 songs, while UYI1 has 16, and 2 has 14.

I also like the idea of Hair of the Dog in an AfD way. When I think about it, it would be pretty cool.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I just couldn't disagree with you more.

First of all, the production on 'Spaghetti' is killer. The sound is fresh and clearer than on any other Guns N' Roses album. I'd say that they did an excellent job in efficiently mixing and mastering that record. If 'Appetite' had undergone the same treatment, in terms of production, that 'Spaghetti' did, then in my opinion I just think that the album's sound would've just 'aged' a lil' better. As much as I love Appetite, since it was mixed and mastered during early 1987, the sound tends to be more muffled and posseses less of an 'umph' in audiophile standards. While Appetite's sound is technically more raw than that of 'Spaghetti's, I actually enjoy the more modern sounding 'raw' quality that has endured with "The Spaghetti Incident?!".

Also, your opinion on Lies; how could songs like Nice Boys, Used To Love Her, Reckless Life, and Move to the City beat songs like Coma, Civil War, Estranged, and You Could Be Mine? I know it's your opinion, but I just find it difficult to agree with. The thing I dislike about the Illusions though is the production. Had they mixed and mastered those records in the same manner as 'Spaghetti' 2 years later then in my opinion I just think that the twin albums would've sounded so much better.

I guess we all have our differences...

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I just couldn't disagree with you more.

First of all, the production on 'Spaghetti' is killer. The sound is fresh and clearer than on any other Guns N' Roses album. I'd say that they did an excellent job in efficiently mixing and mastering that record. If 'Appetite' had undergone the same treatment, in terms of production, that 'Spaghetti' did, then in my opinion I just think that the album's sound would've just 'aged' a lil' better. As much as I love Appetite, since it was mixed and mastered during early 1987, the sound tends to be more muffled and posseses less of an 'umph' in audiophile standards. While Appetite's sound is technically more raw than that of 'Spaghetti's, I actually enjoy the more modern sounding 'raw' quality that has endured with "The Spaghetti Incident?!".

Also, your opinion on Lies; how could songs like Nice Boys, Used To Love Her, Reckless Life, and Move to the City beat songs like Coma, Civil War, Estranged, and You Could Be Mine? I know it's your opinion, but I just find it difficult to agree with. The thing I dislike about the Illusions though is the production. Had they mixed and mastered those records in the same manner as 'Spaghetti' 2 years later then in my opinion I just think that the twin albums would've sounded so much better.

I guess we all have our differences...

Maybe its wrong to compare albums as different as Lies and Use Your Illusions. I like most of the songs on the Illusions, but I love the bad ass attitude on Lies and Appetite, which I think misses a lot on the Illusions. There is not the same reckless, young and wild at heart sound. But then again, it was made by an older and more mature band. I dont think the songs from Lies can "beat" Coma, Civil War, Estranged and You Could Be Mine, but maybe in the way they are "performed". It sounds more authentic to me. But hey, you're giving me a hard time 'cause Estranged is the wildest ballad ever. I remember first time I ever heard GNR live in 1991, before the Illusion albums were out and they played it as one of the last songs, I thought "what is all this hype about November Rain? This song is so much better"

Couldn't wait to hear it again.

When it comes to Appetite I think its the greatest album ever! Cant say one single negative word about it. All though its been my favorite album since 1988, I can still listen to it and think "how is it possible to make such an insane good album?" It can still surprise me, and if I imagine a life without it, I nearly get an anxiety attack.

People know Nighttrain, though. I stick by a song like Dead Horse, Breakdown or Locomotive for songs that the casual fan doesn't know.

Songs that are known and inexplicably trashed: Estranged and (to a MUCH lesser extent) Civil War.

These are two different types of being underrated, and I don't know how to put them into the same category and rank them against one another.