GnR/WWE connection..........

sportsguru

nope, then they would look like such a sell-outs

yep i consider Motorhead to have sold out when they done the music for HHH

Really?

The Game and the King Of Kings were both pretty good songs...

hey sandman..do you think motorhead sell out for triple h??? so do you think the songs are commercials and sucks right?? maybe I should tell you this..thhhe songs fuckin rocks!!!! pure rock n roll!!! heavy metal!!!!

one of the biggest entrance themes in the history of WWE.... and one of the most powerfull entrances of an athlet on WWE..that song bring so much power to triple h...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how it would help GN'R to be associated with mcmahon and his travelling freak show of smack heads and steroid abusers.

Exactly.

You don't sell your soul to them, you'll get tied down, and won't reap many rewards.

I can hardly name any artists who've contributed themes, bar Saliva and Limp Bizkit. And where are they now?

Metallica, Motorhead, U2, AC/DC

Nobody TOO famous. :confused:

It would be a great move for GNR

Just thought I'd add 'Rage Against the Machine' to that list.

WWE, love it or hate it, the fact is, it has a HUGE worldwide audience. GnR putting a song on there as a PPV theme would be beneficial in terms of single/album sales. I can see no drawbacks in them doing this to be honest.

If they really wanted to have one of their songs used on a PPV, then why not team up with the UFC. It's very popular and growing all the time and perhaps more importantly, it has a lot more credability than the WWE.

Anyway, a GN'R song has already been used in wrestling. Bam Bam Bigelow used WTTJ as his entrance music in ECW for a while.

If they really wanted to have one of their songs used on a PPV, then why not team up with the UFC. It's very popular and growing all the time and perhaps more importantly, it has a lot more credability than the WWE.

Anyway, a GN'R song has already been used in wrestling. Bam Bam Bigelow used WTTJ as his entrance music in ECW for a while.

GN'R's version of "Live And Let Die" was also Eddy Guerrero's entrance music in ECW.

ECW had some very good rock as entrance music. Metallica, Pantera, a lot of AC/DC, Aerosmith and, of course, GN'R. Plus, it had an unique vibe to it. That's why I stated before in this thread that playing there would have been a great option. Nowadays, I don't see GN'R fitting in wrestling, except for CM Punk's entrance theme, I guess.

not to get off subject but i always heard alot of wrestlers were huge guns n roses fans like tommy dreamer he actually compared ecw to when guns n roses first came out and i also heard bret the hitman hart was a fan and i remember when slash co-hosted jimmy kimmel stone cold steve austin was a guest but anyway does anyone know of any other wrestlers that were fans of gnr names i heard but dont know if they're true or not were triple h,undertaker,hulk hogan,macho man .....

Maybe that would be a good comprimise....have GNR for the next ECW PPV. ECW was a very well respected fed, and doesnt have the cheesy, colorful image that the WWE has. Plus, ECW has been known to use hard rock songs, from Rage Against the Machine to Pantera. GNR would fit right in.

ECW is a joke now. just watch and you'll understand what im talking about. and TNA is just a bunch of WWE and WCW rejects. i think if GNR would do anything with wrestling it should be with WWE.........it's better exposure and will bring more fans to GNR. and dosent the singer at the start of RAW look a lot like M. Shadows?

Edited by AvengedGNR098

nope, then they would look like such a sell-outs

yep i consider Motorhead to have sold out when they done the music for HHH

Really?

The Game and the King Of Kings were both pretty good songs...

they were alright but to be honast i think Motorhead could have done better

first off it would be doing vince a favor not gnr. Do you know what would be better if gnr performed at the superbowl halftime show that would be fucking alsome.

The NFL got burned by the janet jackson, "nipple slip." They are going to be playing it safe with their halftime show for a long time.

first off it would be doing vince a favor not gnr. Do you know what would be better if gnr performed at the superbowl halftime show that would be fucking alsome.

The NFL got burned by the janet jackson, "nipple slip." They are going to be playing it safe with their halftime show for a long time.

Yeah. They wouldn't want the halftime performer to come out at the time the match is supposed to restart... :P