HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

i ahd 7 threads cointaining the same thing in them

it said

blue trees and greem grass-the far downs

mygnrforum.com ownes you!!!

then all of them got deleted..

ill go try again

LOLZ HEY GUYS, I HAVE A BRILL IDE,A LETS ALL GO TO DA OTHER FORUMZ AND SPAMZZZ THEM!!!!11 LOLZ THAT WOULD BE DA GREAT BECAUSE IT WOULD TEACH COPAROO JARMO A LESSON, LOL!! I DUN T KNOW WHAT IT WOULDTEACH HIM BUT MAYBE IT WOULD BE, LIKE, COOL AND STUFF! AND REBELIAS! LOL AWESOME W00T LOL

:rolleyes:

Wow, you're accomplishing a lot with your life. I bet your mother's proud.

Please explain again what the point of spamming another forum is?

If you don't like another forum, don't go there. No one's making you.

im not gonna bitch and moan about your comment

but this is what i have to say.

first: i made the posts so i could see if they would go into a deleting frenzy and ban me (if they had done that there would have been truth to the rumour)(they dint ban me)

second: my mother is proud of me :)

third: i dont even go on that forum. i made an account a month or 2 ago and only have 15 posts.

so..

have a good one , and dont hate me because it has nothing to do with you.

I didn't say I hated you. I hate what you're doing. And yes, it does have something to do with me when you give a forum a bad name by spamming another one and taking it upon yourself to "represent" MyGNR. If you want to spam HTGTH that's your choice - leave MyGNR out of it.

And people wonder why there's a "forum war" between the two sites...it's because of stupid stuff like this.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edward Rose
My foot wants to meet Jarmo's face.

That's really just is NOT a good thing to say. Put yourself in his shoes. This kind of shit probably makes him not even want to wander around in the crowd at shows. That's not cool.

On an unrelated note: I think Admin made the original post in this thread to test the new deticated server!

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! :)

And people wonder why there's a "forum war" between the two sites...it's because of stupid stuff like this.

And here I thought it was about the cencorship. Go figure. :o

It is not jarmo's fault that he is being forced to delete topics pertaining to these issues. Merck asked him to do so. Jarmo is stuck between a rock and a hard place because if he doesn't do as Merck asks, they're "cut off" from management altogether. If he does, then the GN'R fans start to yell "Censorship!"

Things could be worse.

Plus, jarmo is a nice guy and he tries his best to be fair and equal. He's a good moderator and he doesn't deserve to be called names and have people threaten to kick him in the face. Let's respect others instead of trying to wage stupid Internet wars. If you think HTGTH is being censored, then don't use it.

Edited by Estranged Reality

My foot wants to meet Jarmo's face.

That's really just is NOT a good thing to say. Put yourself in his shoes. This kind of shit probably makes him not even want to wander around in the crowd at shows. That's not cool.

On an unrelated note: I think Admin made the original post in this thread to test the new deticated server!

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! :)

:o CONSPIRACY!

It is not jarmo's fault that he is being forced to delete topics pertaining to these issues. Merck asked him to do so. Jarmo is stuck between a rock and a hard place because if he doesn't do as Merck asks, they're "cut off" from management altogether. If he does, then the GN'R fans start to yell "Censorship!"

Things could be worse.

Plus, jarmo is a nice guy and he tries his best to be fair and equal. He's a good moderator and he doesn't deserve to be called names and have people threaten to kick him in the face. Let's respect others instead of trying to wage stupid Internet wars. If you think HTGTH is being censored, then don't use it.

actually...

i agree with you

Things could be worse.

Agreed.

Things could be worse.

actually...

i agree with you

I knew you weren't a bad guy! :)

Things could be worse.

actually...

i agree with you

I knew you weren't a bad guy! :)

why thank you

Things could be worse.

I don't post on HTGTH but that is one of the best posts I have seen. :):shades:

Forced? He still has a choice to do whatever he wants but my guess is he doesnt want to lose whatever personal gain he gets from management for following their commands. So the forum is for the management and not for the forum members as I see it since we´re not even allowed to discuss the issues we have with the cencorship. Look at MyGnr, there are no problems here, we have the same ammount of bullshit as any other forum out there and are free to talk about what we want as long as we follow the rules WE SIGNED UP to follow when we joined the forum in the first place.

The members make the forum and therefor should have a say. Do you think Jarmo would have the management connections if he didnt have the members? We´ll see for how long HTGTH can keep this up before people see through all this crap. The internet should be as free as possible and forums should follow their own rules that the members signed on to. No one signed on to get cencored or banned for reasons the admins cannot even discuss or defend.

Merck and co can't really blame us all for playing their own game, whether they like it or not.

Good point there!

Finally! I got through all 28 pages. Jeez you guys are insane.

Anyway I didn't even know bands did this- use fake names.

I'm excited for sure. I hope its true. Hope Axl isn't too upset that some of us know what's up :kiss: ... if this is true.

Forced? He still has a choice to do whatever he wants but my guess is he doesnt want to lose whatever personal gain he gets from management for following their commands. So the forum is for the management and not for the forum members as I see it since we´re not even allowed to discuss the issues we have with the cencorship. Look at MyGnr, there are no problems here, we have the same ammount of bullshit as any other forum out there and are free to talk about what we want as long as we follow the rules WE SIGNED UP to follow when we joined the forum in the first place.

The members make the forum and therefor should have a say. Do you think Jarmo would have the management connections if he didnt have the members? We´ll see for how long HTGTH can keep this up before people see through all this crap. The internet should be as free as possible and forums should follow their own rules that the members signed on to. No one signed on to get cencored or banned for reasons the admins cannot even discuss or defend.

HTGTH is closest to an "official" forum that you're going to find because of jarmo's ties to management. He may be paid by Merck. I don't know. That doesn't mean he's a filthy traitor. When Merck asked forums not to spread the leaks earlier this year, all the major forums pretty much complied, right? If Merck had asked moderators here not to allow discussions regarding the Better television ad, they might have chosen not to, but chances are they would have respected Merck's requests out of just that: respect.

Merck asked jarmo to delete topics pertaining to the television advertisement, the Rolling Stone article, and now - most likely - the surprise shipment rumor. I'd blame Merck more so than I would blame jarmo. If jarmo refused to delete the topics, Merck would have him cut off, and that would negatively affect the users on that forum later on down the road - in the long run it's going to be beneficial. Do you think jarmo just blindly does anything Merck says without thinking about the outcome? If he didn't do as Merck asked then he'd be screwed, and so would the forum, and it would fall apart very quickly.

I think what Merck is doing is wrong, not jarmo.

whoah, enough conspiracy theories, these are all your views, not factual evidence, why hate a man simply because of what you may think about his actions? Do you personally know Jarmo to be as power-hungry as you seem to think? I understand rock and roll is anti-authority, trust me, I live by the laws of rock, but, I don't see a need to get so upset over a man simply doing as he is asked by someone he may respect, ease off a little, I'm Jarmo doesn't mean to upset everyone, and perhaps he isn't getting any kind of bribe or deal out of doing what management wants, maybe he only does it in the hopes that it will lower the time we've spent, and are still spending, waiting for Chinese Democracy

Eh? So you guys are saying WE need Merck more than HE needs us? Bullcrap! I´d rather have a forum free from cencorship and get news at the same time as the media than not being able to discuss what I want than getting it 1 day earlier or a couple of hours earlier. I mean, what have we REALLY gotten from Merck? What has Jarmo´s connections given us forum members? N O T H I N G. So, yes Merck is doing wrong and Jarmo is following his lead so they´re both doing wrong.

Just think about it.

Edited by Lukinx

Guest Edward Rose

Merck and co can't really blame us all for playing their own game, whether they like it or not.

Good point there!

Finally! I got through all 28 pages. Jeez you guys are insane.

Anyway I didn't even know bands did this- use fake names.

I'm excited for sure. I hope its true. Hope Axl isn't too upset that some of us know what's up :kiss: ... if this is true.

At least you read the whole thread. Most people don't.

And to others, can we just FORGET about the Jarmo thing and organize here? He's in a cool position, hanging with a beautiful girl and you're all just jealous.

What we need is an HMV employee to check their computers tomorrow. It's 3 am in Engalnd and the store will open in about 5 or 6 hours. So west-coaster's in the U.S. might get an answer by 1 or 2 am their time. I'll go into a store tomorrow and check, but I don't know if they'll tell me the truth. (Even the Blue Trees thing might be kept on the DL)

Forget it, retail stores get to decide how many copies they order, since there is only a % of returns... Also, the record company will want to set up coop marketing and merchandising in the best spots and for this, you need a one month period, with planograms.... also, to receive a CD, you need to have it in your data base, etc.... The minimum time for all to be done is 2-3 weeks...son it aint happening until Dec 5th in my view....and experience in a retail record chain....

HTGTH is closest to an "official" forum that you're going to find because of jarmo's ties to management. He may be paid by Merck. I don't know. That doesn't mean he's a filthy traitor. When Merck asked forums not to spread the leaks earlier this year, all the major forums pretty much complied, right? If Merck had asked moderators here not to allow discussions regarding the Better television ad, they might have chosen not to, but chances are they would have respected Merck's requests out of just that: respect.

Merck asked jarmo to delete topics pertaining to the television advertisement, the Rolling Stone article, and now - most likely - the surprise shipment rumor. I'd blame Merck more so than I would blame jarmo. If jarmo refused to delete the topics, Merck would have him cut off, and that would negatively affect the users on that forum later on down the road - in the long run it's going to be beneficial. Do you think jarmo just blindly does anything Merck says without thinking about the outcome? If he didn't do as Merck asked then he'd be screwed, and so would the forum, and it would fall apart very quickly.

I think what Merck is doing is wrong, not jarmo.

yeahthat.gif

And don't forget the Warhol/Lennon lawsuit -- a flat-out censored fact. You can do that on your own fanclub site, but that's a fuck of a lot to ask somebody else to do on their board. I sure hope they're paying him, and by more than just allowing him to feel like an insider. That's really taking unfair advantage, man.