HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

remember when i also said that i also co-managed the music section of a very LARGE music/book chain?

No. I remember quite vaguely that you wrote something resembling this, but I speak English, not ohyesindeedish.

OBVIOUSLY (obviously) it wouldnt happen an hour before the store opens. i was using the most extreme example cause people are all like "that's not enough time" blah blah. doesn't matter. i've received shipments of discs and moved the majority of them before they even hit the racks on very short notice.

What store did you work at?

and yes, the fact that i missed the "h" key in the word "school" means i'm ignorant.

I'm glad you agree. I'd also add the fact that you don't use capitalization or adhere to the English language whatsoever as another indication, but that's just me.

lemme make sure it works here:

you don't know shit!

Coming from the "high scool" employee who worked at a semi-big music store, that means a lot. I'll be sure to tell it to Virgin Megastore or B&N next time I'm working there. I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing that they have their methods ass-backwards.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG RECORD STORES HAVE NO SAY OVER WHAT THEY SELL. THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER AND THAT IS IT AS FAR AS THEIR CONTROL OVER WHAT'S IN THEIR STORE IS CONCERNED. CORPORATE MAKES ALL OTHER MERCHANDISING DECISIONS W/ FEW EXCEPTIONS.

SO:

Sure about that eh.... I'm store supervisor at an HMV and the store actually does have a say on what they order its called inventory splits... every thursday we must key in our orders for how many of a particular new release we are going to take theres a minumum we must order but take for instance kevin federline the minumum was 1 some people including the universal reps were telling us it would sell big so order 4 boxes we only ordered one we still have it

in addition as far as merch only 1/4 of the commitments come from the labels

at least at hmv

i just wanted to type this to let you know you dont really know what your talking about

So what does this mean for deluded GNR fans?

It means it's a definite possibility, but no one should get their hopes up quite yet until we have more to the story? :) That's how I'm looking at it, anyway.

I hope it's true! If so, I'll be rocking out come Nov. 21st! rock3

Oh no... If it comes out on Nov 21st...... It will have to compete with Bossa N Roses.... :sleeper:

This thread is entertaining but would you guys PLEASE stop quoting EVERY poster that has been quoted, and just quote the post you are responding too?? I get such a headache from having to scroll down threw 7 or 8 quotes in each post.

I agree.

BIG RECORD STORES HAVE NO SAY OVER WHAT THEY SELL. THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER AND THAT IS IT AS FAR AS THEIR CONTROL OVER WHAT'S IN THEIR STORE IS CONCERNED. CORPORATE MAKES ALL OTHER MERCHANDISING DECISIONS W/ FEW EXCEPTIONS.

SO:

Sure about that eh.... I'm store supervisor at an HMV and the store actually does have a say on what they order its called inventory splits... every thursday we must key in our orders for how many of a particular new release we are going to take theres a minumum we must order but take for instance kevin federline the minumum was 1 some people including the universal reps were telling us it would sell big so order 4 boxes we only ordered one we still have it

in addition as far as merch only 1/4 of the commitments come from the labels

at least at hmv

i just wanted to type this to let you know you dont really know what your talking about

that, my fine feathered friend, falls under the category of "with few exceptions".

if a truckload of new gnr records showed up at your store from corporate the night before or the morning of the release, you'd have to do something with them, right? like....oh i dunno...shelve the fucker?

obviously if 4 boxes showed up from corporate and you didnt actually order them all, you could send back the ones you didnt sell, or just keep the amount you thought you would need and the store wouldnt lose money.

BUT you would have to shelve them or be in deep shit....if not deep shit your manager would at least have to spend a few hours on the phone arguing with someone from corporate which isnt much better than actually swimming in a pool of shit.

would the employees like this scenario?

no.

would they have to deal with it and be good 'lil employees so they can all get paid?

yes.

This thread is entertaining but would you guys PLEASE stop quoting EVERY poster that has been quoted, and just quote the post you are responding too?? I get such a headache from having to scroll down threw 7 or 8 quotes in each post.

I agree.

ironic

I agree.

ironic

how?

that, my fine feathered friend, falls under the category of "with few exceptions".

if a truckload of new gnr records showed up at your store from corporate the night before or the morning of the release, you'd have to do something with them, right? like....oh i dunno...shelve the fucker?

obviously if 4 boxes showed up from corporate and you didnt actually order them all, you could send back the ones you didnt sell, or just keep the amount you thought you would need and the store wouldnt lose money.

BUT you would have to shelve them or be in deep shit....if not deep shit your manager would at least have to spend a few hours on the phone arguing with someone from corporate which isnt much better than actually swimming in a pool of shit.

no.

would they have to deal with it and be good 'lil employees so they can all get paid?

yes.

hmv cd's come in 25 count boxes its really not that hard to remerch say 100 copies an hour before the store opens, in addition a simple solution is to pull a weaker release from the same distributor out of the front of the store and replace with gnr .... as long as we keep some copies of the weaker release on the floor the rest can be deadstocked its not that hard its not like pulling teeth

remember when i also said that i also co-managed the music section of a very LARGE music/book chain?

No. I remember quite vaguely that you wrote something resembling this, but I speak English, not ohyesindeedish.

OBVIOUSLY (obviously) it wouldnt happen an hour before the store opens. i was using the most extreme example cause people are all like "that's not enough time" blah blah. doesn't matter. i've received shipments of discs and moved the majority of them before they even hit the racks on very short notice.

What store did you work at?

and yes, the fact that i missed the "h" key in the word "school" means i'm ignorant.

I'm glad you agree. I'd also add the fact that you don't use capitalization or adhere to the English language whatsoever as another indication, but that's just me.

lemme make sure it works here:

you don't know shit!

Coming from the "high scool" employee who worked at a semi-big music store, that means a lot. I'll be sure to tell it to Virgin Megastore or B&N next time I'm working there. I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing that they have their methods ass-backwards.

i worked at borders, virgin for about a week during xmas one year before said "fuck you guys!" and 2 independent shops that suckle at no corporate teet.

i stand by what i said.

and by the way, if you're trying to prove someone wrong on a message board the easiest way to deflate your arguement is to attack their command (or lack thereof) of the english language. my grammar and syntax were more or less correct, and you obviously understood every word i said. i'm a really terrible typist, and i think using a capital letter at the start of each sentence is just useless.

ok?

NOW, can we all get back to drinking?

Edited by ohyesindeed

no.

yes.

hmv cd's come in 25 count boxes its really not that hard to remerch say 100 copies an hour before the store opens, in addition a simple solution is to pull a weaker release from the same distributor out of the front of the store and replace with gnr .... as long as we keep some copies of the weaker release on the floor the rest can be deadstocked its not that hard its not like pulling teeth

so, you're saying that i do know what i'm talking about? ;)

Guest Edward Rose

I agree.

Me too. :)

so do I.

sorry.

ya, it pisses me off too!

yeah, very annoying :)

Guest Edward Rose

I agree.

so do I.

sorry.

Sorry mahimahi !!!!! :)

I know what that is by the way. I worked in a restaurant. DOLPHIN!

Edited by Edward Rose

I agree.

so do I.

sorry.

Sorry mahimahi !!!!! :)

I know what that is by the way. I worked in a restaurant. DOLPHIN!

thats gross, who would eat what seems to be axl's fav animal?