David Bowie v Jim Morrison

Nightrain_Kid

bowie, he reinvented himself (and i mean in a real way, not just in "im going to cut my hair and read some new books" teenager sort of way, but in a propper way) and i think he had more range than jim morrison

and he was prettier...

They're both legends, though it's a little of a strange competition, I have to agree.

If Bowie had pulled his "cock" out on stage, caused his fans to riot, not dressed up as a ladyboy and killed himself in the bath, I think he'd still be wide of the mark.

That said, I've seen Bowie interviewed and he is an hilarious dude.

Jim gets my vote though... but only because he's the "Lizard King" and I like Lizards... particularly this one:

LK.GIF

Okay... I'm done.

bowie, he reinvented himself (and i mean in a real way, not just in "im going to cut my hair and read some new books" teenager sort of way, but in a propper way) and i think he had more range than jim morrison

and he was prettier...

Bowie prettier than Morrison? :o:o:o

Are you blind?

jim morrison was good looking, and then went all podgie

but bowie was a sort of dainty perfection, morrison was more rugged, bowie seemed more alien (in an uber cool way)

it's the style too, he had a cool immage

C24376-b.jpg

BowieDHeroes.jpg

Edited by katie

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Jim Morrison was a great Blues singer, and at times a brilliant lyricist.

David Bowie was just so much more. As a singer, he had a far greater range, melodically and emotionally. Jim Morrison could never deliver a performance comparable to ""Heroes"". As a writer, there's no question Bowie was leagues ahead. His lyrics are very underrated, and in my mind up there with anyone's, and he wrote so many great songs in so many styles.

David Bowie was just so much more. As a singer, he had a far greater range, melodically and emotionally. Jim Morrison could never deliver a performance comparable to ""Heroes"". As a writer, there's no question Bowie was leagues ahead. His lyrics are very underrated, and in my mind up there with anyone's, and he wrote so many great songs in so many styles.

I think Morrison expressed just as much emotion, but in a very different way. Bowie's voice was more falsetto whereas Morrison's was just downbeat and very dark.

I think Morrison's best lyrics are the ones no one remembers. The small little numbers he wrote that gather dust.

But he was an immature ass and that's what ultimately caused his demise.

Why are you reffering to Bowie like he is dead? :question: