Most kickass metal album?

FunkyMonk

Guest knerken

Does live-albums count? If so: Pantera - Official Live: 101 Proof! What an awesome album! The definittion of kickass!

Best studio-album: Megadeth - Countdown To Exctinction

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Flames- Clayman.

It has Only for the Weak, Swim, Pinball Map, Bullet Ride... what more could you want.

I was gonna say that album also

but pretty much everything by in flames clayman and before kicks ass

the ones after are good also but not close to the old standard

Something Wild - Children Of Bodom

Hatebreeder - Children Of Bodom

Follow The Reaper - Children Of Bodom

Hate Crew Deathroll - Children Of Bodom

Are You Dead Yet? - Children Of Bodom

Ride The Lightning - Metallica

Master Of Puppets - Metallica

...And Justice For All - Metallica

rock4

In Flames- Clayman.

It has Only for the Weak, Swim, Pinball Map, Bullet Ride... what more could you want.

I was gonna say that album also

but pretty much everything by in flames clayman and before kicks ass

the ones after are good also but not close to the old standard

I liked the song Come Clarity - I've not really deleved further.

And Ridin' the Nightrain - it's a good album, agreed.

Maiden's last two albums were absolutely horrible .....they suddenly want to be a prog band,which makes the songs longer and more complicated which has the bad effect of making the whole excersize into a bore

They're at the point in their carreers where they're an institution now. They don't have to worry about hit singles, song lenghths or any of the conventional concerns of a recording artist. Plus it sold like hotcakes out of the gate so they're probably pretty stoked to be doing the prog-thing now.

On topic: Killers.

Maiden's last two albums were absolutely horrible .....they suddenly want to be a prog band,which makes the songs longer and more complicated which has the bad effect of making the whole excersize into a bore

They've always been a band to do epic songs anyway though. Ones which are seven minutes and over in length with clear multiple sections, and many of these are the fan favourites nowadays (see Hallowed Be Thy Name, Fear of the Dark, Rime of the Ancient Mariner). So to say that they suddenly want to be a prog band is pretty much ignoring a lot of their earlier music.

Also they of course still do rocking shorter songs like Different World and The Wicker Man, so if you choose to ignore the entire album then they've still got stuff for you anyway.

Finally, I'd hardly call them a progressive band, even on their last album. There might be some progressive influences on it but if you compare the CD to artists like King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator and Genesis, you'll see that it's much more mainstream than a lot of progressive music. It's also nice to see that they're attempting to update their music, so as to not stagnate as a band (see Metallica :P )

On topic:

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Sepultura - Chaos A.D.

Metallica - Ride The Lightning