Most kickass metal album?

FunkyMonk

I agree. No idea why people love CoB. They're sooo boring.

Thay have kick ass solos and the guitarists are Alexi and Roope who kicks fucking ass and thay often only play stuff two times in songs so it doesn't get boring and often are some cool things just one time.

Thay are the best band on this planet!

ok witch song is most boring

Yesterday :sleeper:

Kissing The Shadows just look at that crazy fucker he can play fucking lead guitar and sing at the sametime and slash wouldn't even be able to play that.

and the solos kicks ass rock3

rock3 Edited by Desperado

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Maiden's new album is such a grower, it's impossible to digest in a single listen. I'm a huge Maiden fan and it took me a while to really enjoy it, but songs like For The Greater Good of God and Lord of Light are phenomenal.

In Flames- Clayman.

It has Only for the Weak, Swim, Pinball Map, Bullet Ride... what more could you want.

I was gonna say that album also

but pretty much everything by in flames clayman and before kicks ass

the ones after are good also but not close to the old standard

Hmm, I Dunno, Whoracle is pretty good too.... if only because of one word.........

JOTUN! rock1

Guest knerken

Children Of Bodom is the most annoying band ever.

Mötley Crüe - Too Fast For Love

hahahaha you call motley crue metal? the crue rules but they're not metal well back on topic:

Mötley Crüe is hair-metal...

Edited by knerken

hahahaha you call motley crue metal? the crue rules but they're not metal well back on topic:

Hair & Metal is something that does not belong together.

Amen :)

Hair & Metal is something that does not belong together.

Amen :)

yes the only true metal is nazi punk :P

In Flames- Clayman.

It has Only for the Weak, Swim, Pinball Map, Bullet Ride... what more could you want.

I was gonna say that album also

but pretty much everything by in flames clayman and before kicks ass

the ones after are good also but not close to the old standard

Hmm, I Dunno, Whoracle is pretty good too.... if only because of one word.........

JOTUN! rock1

yeah I know..... I said clayman and everything before it :unsure:

and episode 666 is best song on whoracle rock4

Motley aren't true metal. Sure, you can say they're metal just becaue they're a hair-metal band, but that doesn't make them proper metal. Just like nu-metal and metalcore bands are proper metal.

Anything that's cheesey and radio friendly, and (to a lesser extent) technically simplistic isn't what metal is about.

If I had my way I'd label Crue as pop.

I mean...COME ON

That hooray for tolerance! shit ain't metal.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

I consider Motley Crue to be pop metal.

However, when I was growing up, they were considered (along with other "hair-metal" bands) to be "Heavy Metal."

Metal is a very broad genre of music. Death sounds nothing like Judas Priest, for instance. Both are "metal" bands, though. I believe metal is more of an attitude than anything else. Besides attitude, the only real difference between metal and rock is that metal takes more from classical while rock takes more from the blues.

Edited by neatd99

Motley aren't true metal. Sure, you can say they're metal just becaue they're a hair-metal band, but that doesn't make them proper metal. Just like nu-metal and metalcore bands are proper metal.

Anything that's cheesey and radio friendly, and (to a lesser extent) technically simplistic isn't what metal is about.

If I had my way I'd label Crue as pop.

I mean...COME ON

That hooray for tolerance! shit ain't metal.

Okay, let's clear something up here. Motley Crue were established before hair metal (which most consider Bon Jovi kicked off). They only adapted hair metal production for their later albums. Their debut Too Fast for Love is a heavy metal album, since it does not incorporate pop production and is too heavy to be called hard rock. Even if bands like Bon Jovi could pass for hard rock, Motley Crue were always too heavy to be considered hard rock, even in the prime of their pop success with Dr. Feelgood. You chose a light song of theirs, stuff like "Kickstart My Heart", or "Wild Side" although hair-metallish is undoubtedly heavier. I'm not the biggest Motley Crue fan so this isn't really a defense of them, but I'm just getting facts straight. What else should we call them? Pop? They're much too heavy to be called pop. But even if you'd consider their later day albums pop, please listen to Too Fast for Love and explain to me how on earth it ISN'T metal?