Two Tone and Ska

Roses

I'm loving The Specials at the moment where ska sounds are fused with punk.

It's also really cool how 2-tone showed a completely natural, friendly unity between black and white working class people during a time of racial tensions. :)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else can suggest some cool, skanky, ska-punk type bands. I recently checked out a band called King Prawn who were ok, but I'm hoping to widen my search a bit.

It's also really cool how 2-tone showed a completely natural, friendly unity between black and white working class people during a time of racial tensions. :)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else can suggest some cool, skanky, ska-punk type bands. I recently checked out a band called King Prawn who were ok, but I'm hoping to widen my search a bit.

Attaboy Skip

Goldfinger

Less Than Jake

Mad Caddies

Ska Skank Redemption

Catch 22

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Operation Ivy

Reel Big Fish

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Mustard Plug

Save Ferris

No Doubt

Goldfinger

Less Than Jake

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Reel Big Fish

Voodoo Glow Skulls

add badlands to that and you got a great list

The Specials! Cov pride! Haha. I actually walked around that city the other day on new years day, dead and grey. Had to sing "Ghost Town." It had never been more appropriate.

Aside from those mentioned.

Madness (OF COURSE)

Farse (The guitarist/singer in my band goes on about them. Blame him if they're no good.)

Bad Manners

The Beat

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

After a listen, quite a few of those "punky" ska bands made me cringe. :P Less than jake wasn't my cup of tea...but I'm working my way through the list so cheers anyway. :)

The Specials! Cov pride! Haha. I actually walked around that city the other day on new years day, dead and grey. Had to sing "Ghost Town." It had never been more appropriate.

Aside from those mentioned.

Madness (OF COURSE)

Farse (The guitarist/singer in my band goes on about them. Blame him if they're no good.)

Bad Manners

The Beat

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra

Madness, of course. I'll dig out my dad's old tape.

I liked the sound of Farse, reminded me of a band I found on myspace called Jimmy the Squirrel (they are very good!).

After a listen, quite a few of those "punky" ska bands made me cringe. :P Less than jake wasn't my cup of tea...but I'm working my way through the list so cheers anyway. :)

what LTJ song did you listen to?

they have done alot of shit

try listen to 'Sience of selling yourself short' and 'Look what happened'

2 of the best punk songs ever

what LTJ song did you listen to?

they have done alot of shit

try listen to 'Sience of selling yourself short' and 'Look what happened'

2 of the best punk songs ever

That was quite good. I think it's the singer's nasal voice that puts me off a bit though.