Bands you should be ashamed to admit to liking...

rocketking

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynard Skynard <~~~~ I will never admit this outside this board

Why should you be ashamed of liking Skynyrd?

cause, it reminds me of a white trailer trash family, livin in the trailer park, with their yungin's runnin around with matchin family mullet's, drinkin miller lite by the bug zapper watchin nascar under their confederate flag, with their dale earnhardt #3 beer hugger...

You're crazy mate. Skynyrd rock.

Correct.

if you lived in the south, where everyday and everybody is a lynard skynard song gone horribly wrong for entirely too long.. then you'd see what i was talkin about... what I always thought was funny, is they sung sweet home alabama, but they were from Florida.. what tha hell?

Lynard Skynard <~~~~ I will never admit this outside this board

Why should you be ashamed of liking Skynyrd?

cause, it reminds me of a white trailer trash family, livin in the trailer park, with their yungin's runnin around with matchin family mullet's, drinkin miller lite by the bug zapper watchin nascar under their confederate flag, with their dale earnhardt #3 beer hugger...

You're crazy mate. Skynyrd rock.

Correct.

if you lived in the south, where everyday and everybody is a lynard skynard song gone horribly wrong for entirely too long.. then you'd see what i was talkin about... what I always thought was funny, is they sung sweet home alabama, but they were from Florida.. what tha hell?

so. Axl wrote the lyrics to WTTJ, but he was from Indiana.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Honestly, Guns N' Roses. At this point they don't fit in with my tastes at all, most serious musicians I know don't respect them, and I'm not too sure how much I like them anymore either. You definitely can't knock them as players though, that's for sure.

Honestly, Guns N' Roses. At this point they don't fit in with my tastes at all, most serious musicians I know don't respect them, and I'm not too sure how much I like them anymore either. You definitely can't knock them as players though, that's for sure.

What's not to respect? Apart from this huge album delay of course...but the old band was plenty respectable I would think.

What's not to respect? Apart from this huge album delay of course...but the old band was plenty respectable I would think.

You would think, well I guess it's because I'm not part of any kind of Rock scene. They are a little too modern for most people I associate with to really know, let alone respect. But they really do not deserve some of the respect we take for granted on this board. There was one classic, timeless album. I love the others myself, but those are the facts. Look at the rest of it, they were an 80s Rock band, certainly not the most respected type of outfit, and the frontman is more known for his behavior than his music. I'm not going on facts here, I'm going on public knowledge. And I also don't really listen to them anymore, so there's this big mysterious area for me and I don't know what to make of it or how to defend it.

You would think, well I guess it's because I'm not part of any kind of Rock scene. They are a little too modern for most people I associate with to really know, let alone respect. But they really do not deserve some of the respect we take for granted on this board. There was one classic, timeless album. I love the others myself, but those are the facts. Look at the rest of it, they were an 80s Rock band, certainly not the most respected type of outfit, and the frontman is more known for his behavior than his music. I'm not going on facts here, I'm going on public knowledge. And I also don't really listen to them anymore, so there's this big mysterious area for me and I don't know what to make of it or how to defend it.

you beat me to the punch.

i can listen to them if i feel like not thinking about what I'm listening to and singing along like some cliche pop song beat into my brain at an early age...

...but for serious music I look in other places...

Honestly, if I ignore all the normal prejudices I have about music....you can't (shouldn't) not respect someone for playing the music they want to play. Sure it may not be purist rock n' roll, or some smooth blues or anything else you can think of. But to a lot of people, Guns included, their music was pure. It was what they lived, loved and had to suffer through. I'm not saying this as some narrow minded fuck who only listens to hard rock, cause I get bored with that too, I may not be immersed as much in that pure original shit like you guys, I 'dabble' in it you could say. But you gotta respect anyone for playing the music they love. Anyone who doesn't respect passion is just stuck up.

Hmm, I'm not ashamed but I think these will fit into this thread:

Justin Timberlake

Kid Rock

Robbie Williams

Fall Out Boy

James Blunt

N-Trance

DJ Tiesto

Eric Prydz

Kanye West

Eminem

Coldplay

Boston

Lighthouse Family

Rod Stewart

Van Morrison (even though he's a prick)

Al Green

Snow Patrol

Honestly, if I ignore all the normal prejudices I have about music....you can't (shouldn't) not respect someone for playing the music they want to play. Sure it may not be purist rock n' roll, or some smooth blues or anything else you can think of. But to a lot of people, Guns included, their music was pure. It was what they lived, loved and had to suffer through. I'm not saying this as some narrow minded fuck who only listens to hard rock, cause I get bored with that too, I may not be immersed as much in that pure original shit like you guys, I 'dabble' in it you could say. But you gotta respect anyone for playing the music they love. Anyone who doesn't respect passion is just stuck up.

True, but if you are out of touch with the music yourself...

they were an 80s Rock band, certainly not the most respected type of outfit

They were a rock band from the 80's that rose above the "80's rock band" status.

They annihilated 80's rock bands.

That was part of the attraction for many people and one of the reasons they gained the superstar celebrity they deserved...and still do.

they were an 80s Rock band, certainly not the most respected type of outfit

They were a rock band from the 80's that rose above the "80's rock band" status.

They annihilated 80's rock bands.

That was part of the attraction for many people and one of the reasons they gained the superstar celebrity they deserved...and still do.

Indeed, didn't say that was my opinion.