Jeff Buckley

Moose

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I love him, incredible guitar player... so sad that he had to leave us so young.

He had the most powerful version of hallelujah I have ever heard.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Yes, he does have a beautiful voice, and what a guitar player, its impossible to not get dragged along his journey within his music... Grace is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I've been re-inspired to listen to grace again, and I had forgotten just how much I love this album, especially the track "Lover you should have come over"

the only song i heard of his was halleujah which i think is a wonderful song. i never knew he was dead what happened to him

..his car crashed into a river and he drowned.

xDSGx

He went swimming and drowned ;) . :)

well whatever happened its still sad. i must look up some of his music. hes lovely looking

I'm a bit of a Jeff Buckley maniac. The guy is quite simply the most powerful, beautiful and honest musican I have ever heard in my life. It's been said a lot by other people, and I agree - when he plays and sings, its like he's opening his entire soul to anyone willing to listen.

Live performance of Lilac Wine - this is one of the best performances I've come across. It really shows how playful and unseriously he takes himself, which, coupled with the stupendiously mesmorising music makes you think 'daaamn. that boy was talented.'

My fave song is called 'Morning Theft'. It's always the last track I listen to before I close my eyes for sleep.

He's also teaching me how to sing better.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Guest Jack_the_ripper

today I walked into hmv, and saw this Jeff Buckley album I had never seen before entitled " Sketches for My SweetHeart The Drunk." So I had to obviously purchase it... just incredible... the song Vancouver... just wow.

I think he had to be the best song writer of the 90's... Cobain had absolutely nothing on Jeff Buckley's writing.

Grace has long been my favourite album of all time, the perfect mix of stunning voice, great songs/writing, great band, grandiosely produced and amazingly diverse. Really only one of a handful of musicians (along with Cobain and Hendrix) that died long before hitting their creative peak, such a beautiful free spirit. Anyone else really enjoy the documentary dvd that comes with the legacy edition of Grace?