Jeff Buckley

Moose

Guest Jack_the_ripper

the truest song I've ever heard:

Satisfied mind by Jeff Buckley

How many times have you heard someone say

If I had money, Id do things my way,

But little they know that its so hard to find

One rich man in ten with a satisfied mind.

Money cant buy back your youth when youre old

A friend, when youre lonely, or peace to your soul.

The wealthiest person is a pauper at times

Compared to the man with a satisfied mind.

When my life is over and my time has run out.

My friends and my loved ones, Ill leave them no doubt.

But, one things gone for certain, when it comes my time

Ill leave this old world with a satisfied mind.

Satisfied mind.

This is also how his funeral ended, with this song.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Awesome lyrics.

What albums that off? I mean I've only got Grace...cause I've been turned off at all the other stuff just being demos and unfinished.

it's off Sketches for My sweetheart the Drunk, which include alot of unfinished songs, and demos, but alot of mixed and mastered stuff as well. it's a double album, each disk containing 10 songs, it's quite exceptional work as well, and I actually love the rawness of some of the songs. You can hear the exact moment when Buckley put it together for the very first time, it's great.

Awesome lyrics.

What albums that off? I mean I've only got Grace...cause I've been turned off at all the other stuff just being demos and unfinished.

it's off Sketches for My sweetheart the Drunk, which include alot of unfinished songs, and demos, but alot of mixed and mastered stuff as well. it's a double album, each disk containing 10 songs, it's quite exceptional work as well, and I actually love the rawness of some of the songs. You can hear the exact moment when Buckley put it together for the very first time, it's great.

Well when you put it that way....

I think I'll check it out then :D.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Awesome lyrics.

Well when you put it that way....

I think I'll check it out then :D.

I know, shouldn't I be car salesman or vacuum salesman?

I also just noticed for the first time your name is funkymonk and not funkymonkey as I previously thought lol.

I also just noticed for the first time your name is funkymonk and not funkymonkey as I previously thought lol.

Ha yeah I reckon a lot of people think that too. Oh well....as long as I'm noticed in any case <_<:).

I also just noticed for the first time your name is funkymonk and not funkymonkey as I previously thought lol

I'm a vacuum cleaner saleswoman!! :P

I'm saving up for the album, ive seen it nearly everywhere for about 40$ but im sure it's gonna be worth it!

Edited by Moose

• 3 weeks later...

yeah there is a collection called so real: the essential jeff buckley. its supposed to be more of an intro to grace as his mom does think grace can be an acquired taste.

i pretty much know everything there is to know about buckley. i consider it to be a bit of an obsession. i plan to visit that river in nashville one day.

they are also releasing a documentary that was shown at the different film festivals that im looking forward too, i love the two or three documentaries/tv shows that have been shown about him. even though in the one merri cyr potrays his mom to be a bitch which is kind of irrelevant, even though she doesnt seem like that to me at all. just strong.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I discovered a new artist today called Patrick Watson, and on certain songs he sounds exactly like Buckley.

Edit: The song by Patrick Watson is called Luscious Life... even the title sounds like a buckley song.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper