Dio Vs. Ozzy

axl04

Who Do You Like Better?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got this idea by looking at the debate in the Heaven And Hell tour thread

Personally I think Dio is far better solo artist, but a very slight edge to Ozzy in Sabbath.

Your thoughts?

Dio is ofcourse a far better vocalist, but to me the real Black Sabbath is with Ozzy

Dio has rocked for a long, long time,

Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has songs of wildebeests and angels,

He has soared on the wings of a demon.

It's time to pass the torch,

You're too old to rock, no more rockin' for you.

We're takin' you to a home,

But we will sing a song about you.

And we will make sure that you're very well taken care of.

You'll tell us secrets that you've learned. Raow!

Your sauce will mix with ours,

And we'll make a good goulash baby.

Dio, time to go!

You must give your cape and scepter to me.

And a smaller one for KG.

Go! Go! Dio! Dio!

I 'm a fan of both and I grew up listening a lot to both them.

As for Sabbath I 'm biased there are songs that only Ozzy can sing in this way (for example Paranoid) but on the other hand Dio in Heaven and Hell is absolutely perfect. So I cannot choose one but I think it is great to be able to listen to Black Sabbath in these 2 different eras and be able to see them live once with Ozzy on vocals (2 years ago) and once with Dio (Heaven and Hell, the upcoming July)!!

Concerning the solo carrier, I think both have made some excellent songs/ albums. As years pass I've changed my mind. Untill the age of 18 I preffered Ozzy but afterwards and now I preffer Dio.

Dio has rocked for a long, long time,

Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has songs of wildebeests and angels,

He has soared on the wings of a demon.

It's time to pass the torch,

You're too old to rock, no more rockin' for you.

We're takin' you to a home,

But we will sing a song about you.

And we will make sure that you're very well taken care of.

You'll tell us secrets that you've learned. Raow!

Your sauce will mix with ours,

And we'll make a good goulash baby.

Dio, time to go!

You must give your cape and scepter to me.

And a smaller one for KG.

Go! Go! Dio! Dio!

HA! I love that song.

They show up on one of his videos too.

I'm going with Dio. I'm biased because he's from the town I live in and I can remember sneaking in bars to when I was underage to see him in the band "Rainbow". Wow, that was a long time ago! ;) And I can't forget his cousin's band "The Rods". I think many of you would like that band.

Edited by Cornell

Dio, by fucking far. He's not only still strong vocally, but he actually writes lyrics and contributes to many songs. Ozzy is just there. All he's remembered for are the landmark Sabbath tunes, when really, the credit should be given to Iommi for that material.

Dio's solo career also kills Ozzy's. Consistent, one release after the other. Not to mention the fact that Ozzy is a blubbering idiot these days who barely knows who Sharon is going to put in Ozzfest. He's a shell of his former self, and that ain't saying much.

I'm going to see Heaven and Hell this Saturday and I can't wait. Dio will rock the house.

Thats like comparing the Blizzard of Oz vs. Holy Diver

With respect, Blizzard of Oz tramples it, spits on it, blasts it with rock salt in the chest with a shotgun, a la kill bill, then wraps it up like the count of monte cristo, wraps it up to wrecking balls and throws it into the ocean, only without he key, and then as the finishing touch, just before it hits the water it punches dio's album one more time so the breath comes out and it ends up with the wind knocked out of it

It's a plain fact, song for song based of the randy rhoads discography, it tramples dio

Then you add in Zakk Wylde.....

it just dosn't look too good

As far as sabbath, it's comparing masters of reality and paranoid to heaven and hell and mob rules

sure dio's got neon knights, but it pales in comparison to war pigs

by the way, to the guy who said ozzy did nothing in sabbath, I think he's on crack, first off, Geezer wrote the lyrics most of the time, followed by ozzy,

and ozzy wrote the vocal lines

so, technically, geezer's what made sabbath, sure tony had the riffs, but everyone else usually wrote thier own lines , while geezer took it farther and wrote the words,

as far as solo goes, ozzy probably wrote the bulk of his lyrics

Edited by Bucketslash

I've seen Ozzy and Dio as solo artists and with Sabbath.

Dio was far better as a solo artist (I actually left early on Ozzy...it was painfully bad).

Ozzy with Sabbath wins hands down...it was magic!

It's like seeing the Beatles of metal!