VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I think it's time to call out Jack the Rippers developers friends here. Becouse if Metal Gear Solid 4 would be on the 360. Microsoft would SURE AS HELL! announced it on their press conferance. So I would guess it is still a sony exlusive. At least until jacks friends tells him they will reveal it at X07 event :rolleyes:

It's a time exclusive, don't worry about it.

I think it's time to call out Jack the Rippers developers friends here. Becouse if Metal Gear Solid 4 would be on the 360. Microsoft would SURE AS HELL! announced it on their press conferance. So I would guess it is still a sony exlusive. At least until jacks friends tells him they will reveal it at X07 event :rolleyes:

It's a time exclusive, don't worry about it.

That might be. But so was GTA3. And it was one of the games that sold consoles.

The high ups at Konami is surly thinking multiplatform. but I don't think Hideo Kojima is that syked about that. And he is a big name in the industry. But is he big enough to say no to the big men in tie? But why don't you just admit that you where wrong? You said E3. E3 is here, and if what you said about "Microsoft and konami is going to make a huge anouncement at E3" well, they would have allready made that with the microsoft press conferanse. So at this point. It still is Exclusive and you where wrong. All there is is speculations. Just like there always was. Your contacts (that might be as real as Thomasmeadowbosses airforce adventures) has failed you......again. (oblivion still kicks more ass on PS3 then 360 :P )

pissed off about MGS4 delay :(

is the ps3 price drop definete? and if so how soon will the price go down? i'm getting one soon

yes it is.

it will happen very soon. unless you are getting one tomorrow, you should just wait till it drops. should be a week or two. I hear reports that some has allready put the price down.

pissed off about MGS4 delay :(

is the ps3 price drop definete? and if so how soon will the price go down? i'm getting one soon

yes it is.

it will happen very soon. unless you are getting one tomorrow, you should just wait till it drops. should be a week or two. I hear reports that some has allready put the price down.

The price already went down here... :huh:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Bromle, I admit that my contacts were wrong, but I keep being reassured that it is a time exclusive, and it will eventually come out for 360. Hideo Kojima has a vision, however the graphics could easily be reproduced on the 360 from what we saw.

Can we discuss the conferences? like who thought was the best conference and stuff.

I say the best 1 was Nintendo (big suprise) It was boring at times, but it was honest in general.

Xbox360 would of easily won best conference if they stopped lying to us through out most of the conference (top 5 best selling game of the last generation halo? My ass, I can think of several other titles that outsold halo, and one of thems a gamecube title.) however they showed off several great exclusives that actually would make me consider purchasing a 360.

PS3's conference sucked balls... I was falling asleep during it... it was the most unmotivated conference I had ever seen... it was just horrible. there was 2 highlights... that really really odd 3d stick figure psp game/ ps3 download game... and that ps3 game that is basically what spiderman 3 could of been (either saving the city or destroying it) I can't remember names, cause that conference was just so generic and packed full of shit, I was bored out of my mind.

anybody know where i can watch the conference online? (besides on gamespot because its very slow for me)

from what i've read the sony conference kicked ass, didn't hear much news from nintendo except for "wii fit" and resident evil.

i won't judge until i see it though.

also there was a GTA4 demo! except they didn't allow cameras in :(

Guest Jack_the_ripper
anybody know where i can watch the conference online? (besides on gamespot because its very slow for me)

from what i've read the sony conference kicked ass, didn't hear much news from nintendo except for "wii fit" and resident evil.

i won't judge until i see it though.

also there was a GTA4 demo! except they didn't allow cameras in :(

I heard that 2 quite a bit... obviously they were watching a different sony conference.... it was just so bad, their main guy talking up there was an idiot... he was BORING! and they had chewbaca... just bad.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I knew sony would do this... they did it with the 20gb model aswell:

In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, SCEE Prez David Reeves let us in on the truth behind the 60GB PS3's price drop -- apparently, the 60GBs are getting the markdown in America because Sony's going to stop selling them here.

How concerned are you about possible criticisms that you should have given European consumers what SCEA has given US consumers, i.e. the option to pay a lower price?

Well, they're not really are they, because what the US are offering from the 1st of August is a USD 599 version with one game. All they're doing is taking their stock in trade that they've got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July.

So once the 60GB is gone, that will be the end of the 60GB then?

In America, yes.

Anyone see the trailer for the new UFC game?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0Yhom5-bI

It looks amazing!

Fucking awesome! I guess a video game is the only way we'll ever get to see Lidell stand a chance agains Rampage Jackson! :lol:

:lol:

Man I cant wait for this game! The last 2 UFC games sucked bad. This one looks brilliant. Hopefully it includes a good selection of fighters (something the last one lacked.) The fighters look like they're goin to have individual fighting styles as well, judging from rampages powerbomb.

i went into gamespot today asking when they will mark down the price of the ps3, and the dumbass accused me of making it up so i'd get 100 euro off a ps3!

then i went to a real game shop(GAME) and they told me the price mark down was only in the US. so then i read in the newspaper(i think it was the guardian, someone had it in work today) and it said a european price cut was expected to be announced today. does anybody know if eurpoe is getting a price cut?

i went into gamespot today asking when they will mark down the price of the ps3, and the dumbass accused me of making it up so i'd get 100 euro off a ps3!

then i went to a real game shop(GAME) and they told me the price mark down was only in the US. so then i read in the newspaper(i think it was the guardian, someone had it in work today) and it said a european price cut was expected to be announced today. does anybody know if eurpoe is getting a price cut?

Doesn't look like it. The BBC reported today that Sony intend to bundle more extras with the consoles as they believe this to be better value than a price cut. They really are shooting themselves in the foot.

Doesn't look like it. The BBC reported today that Sony intend to bundle more extras with the consoles as they believe this to be better value than a price cut. They really are shooting themselves in the foot.

true. microsoft are looking bad with the 3 rings of death, so if sony became more competitive they could gain alot

true. microsoft are looking bad with the 3 rings of death, so if sony became more competitive they could gain alot

I'm amazed by how Sony is running this. They've usually been the most astute company when it comes to marketing.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I posted a little earlier with the europe sony president, and he said that the price cut in the us is for the 60 gb, and its because as of august 1st it will be no longer available, and not to expect a price cut in europe, since its not worth it.

In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, SCEE Prez David Reeves let us in on the truth behind the 60GB PS3's price drop -- apparently, the 60GBs are getting the markdown in America because Sony's going to stop selling them here.

How concerned are you about possible criticisms that you should have given European consumers what SCEA has given US consumers, i.e. the option to pay a lower price?

Well, they're not really are they, because what the US are offering from the 1st of August is a USD 599 version with one game. All they're doing is taking their stock in trade that they've got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July.

In America, yes.

i doubt that'll be the end of the story, as soon as the 60 GBs are outta stock they'll drop the bundle and make the 80 GB $499.

the bundle is pretty ridiculous, though, as it would be smarter to buy a 60 gig, upgrade the hard drive to 150 for about 80 bucks, then sell the old one on ebay, then buy a new game with the difference.

anyone notice silent hill 5 was finally announced? it better kick some ass this time, it's been suckin!

Edited by quadlaser

Guest Jack_the_ripper

In America, yes.

i doubt that'll be the end of the story, as soon as the 60 GBs are outta stock they'll drop the bundle and make the 80 GB $499.

the bundle is pretty ridiculous, though, as it would be smarter to buy a 60 gig, upgrade the hard drive to 150 for about 80 bucks, then sell the old one on ebay, then buy a new game with the difference.

anyone notice silent hill 5 was finally announced? it better kick some ass this time, it's been suckin!

No way, they aren't bringing down the 80gb price, not for a while anyways, I was looking into stuff, and they are losing about as much as they were for the 60 gb model at first.