VIDEOGAME Thread...

Apparently Modern Warfare 2 has PC matchmaking. This means no dedicated servers. Might as well not buy it.

Yeah. That was a real kick in the nuts. I'm having a real 'screw it' attitude for this game at the moment. Don't really plan on going out of my way to get it anymore, to be honest.

Guest floyd the barber

Apparently Modern Warfare 2 has PC matchmaking. This means no dedicated servers. Might as well not buy it.

Yeah. That was a real kick in the nuts. I'm having a real 'screw it' attitude for this game at the moment. Don't really plan on going out of my way to get it anymore, to be honest.

I always thought the Call of Duty games were overrated. The only game that I finished was the fourth installment of the series because the storyline kept me interested. I just don't like the overall controls of the game and the online game was boring. I'm not a big online gamer anyway. Just give me a game with a good storyline and I will be happy. That is the main thing that matters to me, but unfortunately many games are going away from that direction.

I always thought the Call of Duty games were overrated. The only game that I finished was the fourth installment of the series because the storyline kept me interested. I just don't like the overall controls of the game and the online game was boring. I'm not a big online gamer anyway. Just give me a game with a good storyline and I will be happy. That is the main thing that matters to me, but unfortunately many games are going away from that direction.

I love cod4 on the 360. Its really the only game I play. The single player was short and sweet but online play is the driving force behind the game. I can't wait for cod6 aka modern warfare 2, I actaully took the tuesday it comes out off of work :D

I played the entire Chinese D album on rockband today!!!! Also can't wait for MW2, that's going to be t-t-t-t-t-tight!

There's a lot of fun guitar songs on CD. "I.R.S.", "There Was A Time", "Catcher In The Rye", "Chinese Democracy", "Street Of Dreams", and "Shackler's Revenge" are all pretty darn fun.

I'm loving all of the small references in Brutal Legend.

Fire Cats/beasts have Gene Simmons face paint on and breathe fire

The second "Big Fists" guy you ever see, the one with the headset, has Gene Simmons' dragon boots on

Obvious people like Lemmy, Rob Halford, and Ozzy

For the people who are playing BL, what else have you seen?

I'm loving all of the small references in Brutal Legend.

Fire Cats/beasts have Gene Simmons face paint on and breathe fire

The second "Big Fists" guy you ever see, the one with the headset, has Gene Simmons' dragon boots on

Obvious people like Lemmy, Rob Halford, and Ozzy

For the people who are playing BL, what else have you seen?

The name Eddie Riggs is an Iron Maiden reference.

I wish they would've kept Ronnie James Dio as the voice of Doviculus. Maybe they'll use him if they do a Brutal Legend 2. They should include Bruce Dickinson too!

So I Just installed the demo for Crysis. That's right I've never played Crysis before, big whoop wanna fight about it?

Anyway, having heard about the system demands the game has (hence why I'd never played it before) I ventured into the graphic settings options and clicked the autodetect button. To my surprise, it bumped everything up to high. I figured I may as well go for it at that and found the the game runs smooth as silk and looks stunning. Now I'm contemplating buying the full game.

Question is, will the full version work just the same as the demo, graphics wise or will I find the full game is more demanding? Also, is there any notable difference in performance if I buy from the shops as opposed to downloading from steam. I've had instances of steam fucking up performance on some of my games before. It's the same price either way and if I do buy it it will be from the shops. I'm just asking that for general feedback.

tl:dr

Tough titties.

Had a NES back in the day, I remember playing GOAL all the time on it.

But I didn't really get hardcore into games until I got my Genesis.

Anyone else buy 32x, the "add on" for genesis?

I remember i had that plugged into the top of my genesis... Then in top of that a game genie... Then in top of that sonic and knuckles.. then on top of that another sonic game :lol:! It looked so goofy

did it look something like this?

mega-drive-2.jpg

http://www.retropia.es/articulos/100/una-bestialidad-de-mega-drive.html

Edited by moreblack

Not impressed.

I was supposed to have next tuesday off work (10th) which is the day COD:MW2 comes out here in the UK and was looking forward to spending my day off playing it.

HOWEVER we now have a training day which means I have to go in on my day off and work all day instead of enjoying a great game and one of the few I have been looking forward to. BIG FAILZ

Not impressed.

I was supposed to have next tuesday off work (10th) which is the day COD:MW2 comes out here in the UK and was looking forward to spending my day off playing it.

HOWEVER we now have a training day which means I have to go in on my day off and work all day instead of enjoying a great game and one of the few I have been looking forward to. BIG FAILZ

Midnight release. Buy it then, couple of hours on it then go to bed before work.

Not impressed.

Midnight release. Buy it then, couple of hours on it then go to bed before work.

Quite difficult for me as I live in the middle of nowhere and have to be up really early for work so wouldn't be worth it. I will just pick it up on my break and then play it in the evening before my next day off on Sunday.

All i been playing is uncharted 2 mulitplayer. Up to level 15 atm. my psn is Towelie29 if you wish to add me. Dont think I'll bother with borderlands, might just get assassins creed 2 and that should see me out for the rest of the year. maybe I'll get gta 4 TBOGT.

The new "Alien vs. Predator" is actually sounding really freakin' cool. Coming in Feb, I believe. Previews are all strong from what I've seen, some comparing the quality to Arkham, though seems a stretch.

The kills do sound awesome and if you play as a marine you're "walking hamburger", so best to stay as one of the baddies. Could be fun... :thumbsup: