VIDEOGAME Thread...

Quite difficult for me as I live in the middle of nowhere and have to be up really early for work so wouldn't be worth it. I will just pick it up on my break and then play it in the evening before my next day off on Sunday.

Ah right.

On a different note for anyone on PC/Xbox 360 the Left 4 Dead 2 demo is now out to the public. It's pretty damn good. Easily worth the full price tag, as some people protested about the sequel coming out so soon after the original.

Quite difficult for me as I live in the middle of nowhere and have to be up really early for work so wouldn't be worth it. I will just pick it up on my break and then play it in the evening before my next day off on Sunday.

Ah right.

On a different note for anyone on PC/Xbox 360 the Left 4 Dead 2 demo is now out to the public. It's pretty damn good. Easily worth the full price tag, as some people protested about the sequel coming out so soon after the original.

Problem solved!

I talked to the manager and now I am in tuesday but off wednesday playing MW2

is anyone else pissed off that shops are selling COD:MW2 at a higher price than other games? or is that just over here?

most games are between 45-50 euros here, with 55 being odd. but most game shops i checked(such as gamestop) seem to be selling it for 60 euro and some for 65???

thats bullshit!

I think the price is a bit higher everywhere. They reckon it will break the $500 million first week mark but that isnt surprising with the price rise!

i think thats an insult to the fans! i know it will have alot of replay value. but so do alot of other reasonably priced games! Halo3(even though i didn't like it) was similar and sold at a normal price as was MGS4(which was about twice the length of single player most games have and came with an extra game MGO and free DLC)

i'll still buy it, but fuck them

also i don't think i'll enjoy the online as much as COD4 just because they've added in too many perks which makes it too easy

I think the price is a bit higher everywhere. They reckon it will break the $500 million first week mark but that isnt surprising with the price rise!

i think thats an insult to the fans! i know it will have alot of replay value. but so do alot of other reasonably priced games! Halo3(even though i didn't like it) was similar and sold at a normal price as was MGS4(which was about twice the length of single player most games have and came with an extra game MGO and free DLC)

also i don't think i'll enjoy the online as much as COD4 just because they've added in too many perks which makes it too easy

Damn right it is an insult.

If it was any other game I would refuse to buy it for sure. I just hope this doesnt become a regular thing with games!

Damn right it is an insult.

If it was any other game I would refuse to buy it for sure. I just hope this doesnt become a regular thing with games!

Yeah, it's even more expensive for PCs and they've taken all the stuff that makes PC games better out pretty much. No dedicated servers

No mods

No lean

No free DLCs

100+ pings

9v9 max limit

What's the point in it even being released for PC?

My brothers have been playing the crap out of Borderlands, doesn't really appeal to me, though.

I'm excited for Assassin's Creed 2 on the 17th (or whenever it comes out). I thought my brother was gonna buy it, but he's buying a new power supply for his computer, instead, so I may have to wait until Christmas. :(

Single Player on Modern Warfare 2 is fucking insane :D

First Mission from Modern Warfare 2

My linkhttp://www.gameanyone.com/video/171701

That's not the first mission, it's the 4th actually if I remember. Still, I've no idea how they can get away with that.

Oh right.

I heard it was the first mission and you are given the option of skipping it as it is so extreme.

Single Player on Modern Warfare 2 is fucking insane :D

First Mission from Modern Warfare 2

My linkhttp://www.gameanyone.com/video/171701

That's not the first mission, it's the 4th actually if I remember. Still, I've no idea how they can get away with that.

Oh right.

I heard it was the first mission and you are given the option of skipping it as it is so extreme.

Yeah you get a warning as soon as you start the campaign, and if you go into the pause menu during it, you are giving the option of skipping it as well.

I can totally understand it aswel but at the same time they do give the option to skip the mission if you want and also while it is going on you dont have to shoot people it is optional. The game passed the ratings board so as bad as it is, it obviously is not that bad as to ban the game in their opinion which I find a little strange.

As for what it does for the game itself; it makes the game feel alot more personal than the first game as we actually see the atrocities that Makalov commits and makes you want to get him from the get go.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

I can totally understand it aswel but at the same time they do give the option to skip the mission if you want and also while it is going on you dont have to shoot people it is optional. The game passed the ratings board so as bad as it is, it obviously is not that bad as to ban the game in their opinion which I find a little strange.

I totally agree.

I don't understand what's so bad about the first mission?

I was mistaken and it wasnt the first mission but if you watched the video which I assumed you did I find it hard to understand how you could see nothing wrong with what is shown during it?

I do see what's wrong with it, but I don't see the fuss about it and having the option of skipping it. The game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Modern Warfare. MODERN WARFARE. The game is about modern warfare, where occurrences such as the airport mission are somewhat frequent (obviously not as exaggerated as the mission had it, but the point still stands). Things like this are happening all the time around the world, sometimes even worse. So, what help would it do to censor a little mission in a video game? It's the equivalent of plugging your ears and screaming "LALALALALALA, IF I DON'T SEE IT, IT'S NOT REAL!".

Yes, obviously gunning down innocent people (even in a video game) can be shocking, but it's not exactly something new. Hell, if anything, maybe this will open people eyes more to what happens in places outside of your comfortable couch in the basement.

I don't understand what's so bad about the first mission?

I was mistaken and it wasnt the first mission but if you watched the video which I assumed you did I find it hard to understand how you could see nothing wrong with what is shown during it?

I do see what's wrong with it, but I don't see the fuss about it and having the option of skipping it. The game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Modern Warfare. MODERN WARFARE. The game is about modern warfare, where occurrences such as the airport mission are somewhat frequent (obviously not as exaggerated as the mission had it, but the point still stands). Things like this are happening all the time around the world, sometimes even worse. So, what help would it do to censor a little mission in a video game? It's the equivalent of plugging your ears and screaming "LALALALALALA, IF I DON'T SEE IT, IT'S NOT REAL!".

Yes, obviously gunning down innocent people (even in a video game) can be shocking, but it's not exactly something new. Hell, if anything, maybe this will open people eyes more to what happens in places outside of your comfortable couch in the basement.

You do make a very good point but think about it this way. If they made Call Of Duty: The Holocaust where you go around committing genocide that would be a huge deal as that really happened in real life.

I like you don't really think it is that huge a deal but think that some people will have a problem with it so as a result I think it is a good idea they have given the option of skipping it if you desire.

You did make a very good point though. I think there would certainly be more fuss if Activision were forced to remove it from the game but they have met people halfway by giving an option to skip which I have no problem with and also the fact you yourself as the character do not have to kill any civillians.