VIDEOGAME Thread...

god-of-war-collection.jpg

Oh man... I NEED THIS.

ooooooooooor dont waste your money if you played the originals already???

Ooooooooooooooor, buy them again because they've been remastered in HD for the PS3 and I want to play them again because they're two of the best games I've ever played???

Or just play them again in normal definition and save 60 bucks?!?!?!?!?!!! or i the ps3 not Backwards Compatible?

Or look at money as something irrelevant and just buy the HD version of them both on once disc because I NEED to and because my PS3 is NOT backwards compatible!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!??!!?!!?!?

Because I bought the 40GB (which I then upgraded to 300GB) and it isn't BW/C. I'm not worried about it though. GoW I and II are the only PS2 games I've ever had the urge to play over again, and now I can. <3

And really, you can't blame SONY for wanting to get away from the BW/C. It's a nice little perk, but they want people to buy new games, no old ones, which is logical.

I've always said though that they should put a few High Demand PS2 games on the Playstation Store like they put PS1 games on there.

Because I bought the 40GB (which I then upgraded to 300GB) and it isn't BW/C. I'm not worried about it though. GoW I and II are the only PS2 games I've ever had the urge to play over again, and now I can. <3

And really, you can't blame SONY for wanting to get away from the BW/C. It's a nice little perk, but they want people to buy new games, no old ones, which is logical.

I've always said though that they should put a few High Demand PS2 games on the Playstation Store like they put PS1 games on there.

They will do in time like the 360 did with Xbox Originals.

Would not be surprised if they eventually have a games on demand feature also like the 360 with full PS3 games for download.

There are already some full PS3 games on the store, and a shit load of PS1 games, but I hope they do eventually put up some classic PS2 ones. I'm sure they will eventually.

won't happen for a long time, if at all. i don't believe it will. only the 60GB(glad i have one :) ) can play ps2 games, so if they put them on the store for sale, only the 60GB ps3 will be able to play them still. i think it is possible for them to find a way of emulating ps2 games on the other ps3 systems but it would take too much money and time to do for a feature that isn't that important to Sonys plan for the ps3

the ps4 will probably allow it :P

This is just a cash grab, oh look its in hd!! big deal.

its mainly for the gamers who don't have the abiltiy to play ps2 games anymore and those who want to play the first 2 games for the first time. like the MGS trillogy, which was released just before MGS4 because to understand what was going on you needed to have played the earlier games. they're not forcing people to buy it. their target audience isn't owners of the game already

god-of-war-collection.jpg

Oh man... I NEED THIS.

This is just a cash grab, oh look its in hd!! big deal.

Actually it's not. Vicious explained it very well. I've already played through the games, but I've been dying to play through them again but I haven't been able to since I got rid of my PS2 and don't have a BW/C PS3. I'd buy it even if they weren't upgraded in HD.

PS - If anyone wants to help me out by gifting me a copy of L4D2 over Steam so I can get around the censor over here, PM me. :heart:

I'm not sure that would work :-/

For instance, retail russian Modern Warfare 2 keys ( censored version ) don't work when combined to an US Steam account...

But maybe they do work in the case of L4D2...I don't know.

PS - If anyone wants to help me out by gifting me a copy of L4D2 over Steam so I can get around the censor over here, PM me. :heart:

I'm not sure that would work :-/

For instance, retail russian Modern Warfare 2 keys ( censored version ) don't work when combined to an US Steam account...

But maybe they do work in the case of L4D2...I don't know.

It does. You can buy people "gifts" on steam. Works for L4D2...

For those of you who have a Wii, would you purchase Super Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros.

Probably gonna get SMG 2, but not NSMB. If it was online, for sure. If my friends weren't all "Mature gamers" who dont play anything less than M rated, probably. (Fucking Pricks >:[ )

For those of you who have a Wii, would you purchase Super Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Galaxy was great. Can't wait for the second.

Haven't played New Super Mario Bros. Doesn't look all that interesting.

And for all of you Wasteland hating, I was playing MW2 on my brother's computer earlier today and that was my favorite maps. Maybe you all aren't good enough! :P

Edited by LightningBolt

No, no, no. All Wasteland does is depends on that queer little bunker right in the middle. It is horrible. It's like Overgrown's (from the first MW) retarded cousin.

It's actually a map from the original Call of Duty online. That's the same with Chinatown on COD4. Like you said though, the maps on COD4 are much better. Hopefully they'll release some of them in a DLC Map Pack? Only a few maps are worthy at the minute on Modern Warfare 2.