VIDEOGAME Thread...

I was thinking of picking up Resident Evil 5. Anyone recommend it?

Yes, definitely. I was never into the RE games, but when I played that I loved it. It's even better when you play co-op with one of your friends.

Thanks :) I watched a review of it and it looked pretty good, seemed exactly what I'm in the mood for.

I was thinking of picking up Resident Evil 5. Anyone recommend it?

Yes, definitely. I was never into the RE games, but when I played that I loved it. It's even better when you play co-op with one of your friends.

Thanks :) I watched a review of it and it looked pretty good, seemed exactly what I'm in the mood for.

Wait right there. I wouldn't pay anymore than 40$ for the game. It doesn't have enough content and I just found it boring at times. Good game but the 60$ price-tag was iffy. I'm sure you can get it for a better price now though.

^^ Don't listen to him, Conor. I mean, just look at his signature and you'll see that he is not relevant to anything.

Now, as I said, it is a fantastic game, and I've played through it 4 times so far. If you have a friend to play co-op with, it'll be hard to put the game down for a few minutes to grab a snack. That's how great it is.

And remember, this is coming from a guy who never got in to the Resident Evil games before.

Guest floyd the barber

bought a wii last night. got wii sports with it and then bought mario kart. frigging awesome. i love it.

i bought super paper mario tonight becuase the new super mario bros is sold out everywhere. i loved paper mario on 64.

im very excited to be back in the mario fold. ive got an xbox but always missed the mario series. also plan to get wii play for the tanks game, it rules!

any good wii suggestions? anybody have experience with nhl2k10?

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

^^ Don't listen to him, Conor. I mean, just look at his signature and you'll see that he is not relevant to anything.

Now, as I said, it is a fantastic game, and I've played through it 4 times so far. If you have a friend to play co-op with, it'll be hard to put the game down for a few minutes to grab a snack. That's how great it is.

And remember, this is coming from a guy who never got in to the Resident Evil games before.

Haha, well I pissed about with RE4 for a bit but never played it much. I got it as a gift on PS2 just before I got my 360, and it suffered because of it. I'll pick it up sometime this week. I'm expecting good things though :P

RE 4 is MUCH better than RE5. RE 5 was a disappointment. The Puzzles were lame, and the Running system was soo sluggish, even worse than RE4. I couldnt help thinking that everything i did had nothing to do with the progression of the story or where i was going. the way they split up the screen in co-op is lame, cutting out like a third of the screen, but the single player AI is horrible.

These are really the parts I disliked about it, but I still enjoyed it.

There was a time when online gaming was a gentleman's game :(

Agreed. Anyone who says CoD is the best game ever can go kill themselves.

I remember playing the original CoD on my PC about six years ago, first game I ever played online. It was great fun. Back then, the word "camper" had barely been invented. Same thing with the original Halo on PC. I'm good at Modern Warfare 2, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't stop it being fucked up by the people who are playing it. Whoever came up with the Akimbo Model 1987's should be decapitated.

And in all honesty, my game of the year goes to Arkham Asylum or Assassin's Creed II. For it's single player, CoD comes 3rd.

I really dislike the fact that games pay less and less attention to single player these days. It used to be about telling a story, now it's about leaderboards and squeaky English kids.

Edited by Conor

There was a time when online gaming was a gentleman's game :(

Agreed. Anyone who says CoD is the best game ever can go kill themselves.

I remember playing the original CoD on my PC about six years ago, first game I ever played online. It was great fun. Back then, the word "camper" had barely been invented. Same thing with the original Halo on PC. I'm good at Modern Warfare 2, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't stop it being fucked up by the people who are playing it. Whoever came up with the Akimbo Model 1987's should be decapitated.

And in all honesty, my game of the year goes to Arkham Asylum or Assassin's Creed II. For it's single player, CoD comes 3rd.

I really dislike the fact that games pay less and less attention to single player these days. It used to be about telling a story, now it's about leaderboards and squeaky English kids.

Akimbo shotguns are the devil.

They dont even need to be on target and they take you down.

Agreed on the Akimbo Model 1887's.

I mean, c'mon, it's Modern Warfare, right? I don't see soldiers in Afghanistan using Model 1887 shotguns, let alone two of them, and reloading by spinning the around your fingers.

With unlimited sprinting, superspeed, and the range of a fucking sniper rifle apparently.

Yeah there was me thinking shotguns were close range.

Not able to kill in one hit from about 20 metres.

And BS about the 1887. The AK-47 was made in 1947, hardly that Modern is it?

Yeah, but we're actually still using that. We aren't still using 1887 shotguns, especially in Iraq or Afghanistan, or anywhere else in this modern warfare.

But a lot of terrorists actually use AK-47s.

I think you're missing the point.

Nah I'm not missing the point and am fully aware that people still use it.

Just pointing out that it isnt really a Modern weapon despite the fact it is still used.

The 1887s are freaking unbelieveable. One of the reasons I stopped playing that game so soon. One thing I did like about CoD4 was that you could use any weapon and put decent scores up on the board. I was using the freaking Skorpion or however it's spelled and would get decent scores. Everyone seemed to use a different set-up. With this game everyone uses the ACR with 1887s as the side weapon. Very unfair if you're not level 67 or whatever to get the stupid things.

And the maps aren't nearly as good as CoD4's either, so that's another reason I stopped playing it. Whatever, it's overrated anyways. And Infinity Ward did everything in their power to kill the PC version.

Just pointing out that it isnt really a Modern weapon despite the fact it is still used.

Now you're just splitting hairs.

Now you're just splitting hairs.

As I always do :P

Back on topic though, hopefully IW will take some feedback on board and make Akimbos less powerful as just not being able to look down the sights doesnt do it for me.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Also, are Infinity Ward trying to get an award for "Most Updates For A Game In The Span Of 2 Months"?

I turned MW2 on today and had to do Update 1.07. FFS

That doesn't surprise me though to be honest. With the amount of people playing it, and more to point, pricks playing it, they abuse every little glitch in the game, it's no wonder Infinity Ward have to keep on preventing it with uploads.

Also, are Infinity Ward trying to get an award for "Most Updates For A Game In The Span Of 2 Months"?

I turned MW2 on today and had to do Update 1.07. FFS

Hate to say it mate but that is only the PS3 version.

The 360 has had two patches in total so far.

But I do hear alot that the PS3 in general has more updates for games which could be a good thing if it fixes the bugs?