VIDEOGAME Thread...

While I am looking forward to AVP I am a little worried about it graphically, I mean it looks good no doubt. But it doesnt look great! And in the hands on tests the critics have been saying the textures are quite muddy and there are alot of jaggies.

I've also read that. But it will look better then the old games, so at least there is some improvement. I think the indoor levels will be the best graphically.

Well it has been 10 years since the original so I would hope so :lol:

I agree the indoor ones will look the best and capture the feel of the films much more, the jungle does look good but not amazing. Hopefully there will be some polish in the lead up to release, but the multiplayer does look great.

Downloading the AVP Multiplayer demo ^.^

Also finally got around to playing Arkham Asylum and loved it despite being frustrated by it at times.

Downloaded it and wanted to play. Booted it up and went into the multiplayer. Went for a friendly match. It seemed like the best option. Started a quickmatch to start a game. I was set as master of the game, and the waiting started. I waited a few minutes. One guy joined, but we still needed 6 more. So we waited and waited, he left and another joined. (after a few minutes). This went on for about ten minutes. Then I turned it of. The demo was very limited in regards of setting up games. I couldn't just press join unless i wanted to join a friend. I only had one friend playing, and he was in a full game. No wonder no one joins my game, when the only option is to either host your own game or join friends.

Was dissapointed getting to test it out. Is really looking forward to this game.

Downloading the AVP Multiplayer demo ^.^

Also finally got around to playing Arkham Asylum and loved it despite being frustrated by it at times.

Downloaded it and wanted to play. Booted it up and went into the multiplayer. Went for a friendly match. It seemed like the best option. Started a quickmatch to start a game. I was set as master of the game, and the waiting started. I waited a few minutes. One guy joined, but we still needed 6 more. So we waited and waited, he left and another joined. (after a few minutes). This went on for about ten minutes. Then I turned it of. The demo was very limited in regards of setting up games. I couldn't just press join unless i wanted to join a friend. I only had one friend playing, and he was in a full game. No wonder no one joins my game, when the only option is to either host your own game or join friends.

Was dissapointed getting to test it out. Is really looking forward to this game.

Just go for quick match and you should get a game pretty soon.

I thought it was alright, if a bit lacking.

It was very suspenseful which was very good and what I want from the game.

I only played as the Marine and Predator. As the marine I loved the gun from Aliens which is the one that Vasquez and Drake had as it is a smart gun which tracks enemies.

As the Predator it was a bit awkward as I was picking up weapons, selecting them and had no idea how to use them when enemies were near and somehow fluked throwing them when noone was around.

I however will get the game for single player most likely.

I went for a quick match, but there was nothing quick about it <_<

Will try it again later. I will play the Aliens, becouse that was my favorite on the first two games. The smart gun is a fan favorite. I remember playing it with my brother. He always like to be a marine with a minigun. He was deadly if you approched him from the front, but he had no idea what happend when I came from behind with my tail :D

Needless to say, he didn't play it with me to much. He got bored of not getting the upperhand.

I think the predator will be better in singleplayer, where you get to learn how to use the different weapons.

This game will be a geekfest :D

you should be able to play xbox360 games on you ps3 and vice versa.

sorta like it doesn't matter who makes your dvd player, it will still play all dvds.

:rofl-lol:

First of all, playstation 3 games are on blu-ray disk, Xbox 360 have a DVD reader.

Then you have the coding issues, and different hardware. Then there is the software side that reads the code etc.

sorta like it doesn't matter who makes your dvd player, it will still play all dvds.

First of all, playstation 3 games are on blu-ray disk, Xbox 360 have a DVD reader.

Then you have the coding issues, and different hardware. Then there is the software side that reads the code etc.

If i buy a cd, i can play it on any cd player i own. if i buy a dvd, i can play it on any dvd player i on.

when i buy a video game, i should be able to play it on any system i own.

If i buy a cd, i can play it on any cd player i own. if i buy a dvd, i can play it on any dvd player i on.

Yes but the makers of the dvd players dont make the dvds unlike game developers who make the console and the games.

I can see the logic there, but there is a huge difference between CD/DVD and games.

CD and DVDs can play on every player becouse there are groundrules for how it is coded/read by the device. All DVD movies use the MPEG2 codec to pack and to read the data. It works on every different device becouse they are all programmed to read that format. Some can even read other formats, but that is also becouse every format has it's own coding.

Games are a different story, becouse you need to kode how to read the files, and there are many many files. There are some standards, but with different technologies there comes alot of different techniques. But you can say that PC games are made for all kinds of computers, that is true, but they all share a windows plattform. And there are rules on how to write software for windows compared to mac. It's not a magic button that you can press that says "compile to mac, windows and linux". The same problem translates over to the home consoles. I bet Kevin can go into more technical detail if needed.