VIDEOGAME Thread...

Turned on my PS3 and it said some crap about "internal memory lost"

Next screen popped up "we have recovered back-ups"

All 4 accounts are still there. All my trophies are still there.

Just had to do the initial set-up again (i.e tell it I used a HDMI cable and Optical cable, Wireless Net Password)

Anyone ever had that before?

Splinter Cell Conviction is the tits.

I agree.

To be honest though, if they made a 24 game using the same engine and game style it would be amazing.

Actually if you sub Sam for Jack it is a 24 game.

I always thought of it as Jack/Sam with Palmer/Lambert :P In fact, I think the actor that plays David Palmer actually voiced Lambert in Pandora Tomorrow. Completed it today, awesome game, and the music was sublime.

I agree.

To be honest though, if they made a 24 game using the same engine and game style it would be amazing.

I always thought of it as Jack/Sam with Palmer/Lambert :P In fact, I think the actor that plays David Palmer actually voiced Lambert in Pandora Tomorrow. Completed it today, awesome game, and the music was sublime.

The coop is so damn fun :D

Only played the first coop story mission but it was just so much fun.

I agree.

The coop is so damn fun :D

Only played the first coop story mission but it was just so much fun.

Co-op was great too, and a few bits that were pretty challenging on Realistic. I haven't tried Last Stand yet, but Face Off is a brilliant idea and Hunter is great fun as well, I'm still trying to do an entire map for Hunter on Realistic without being detected once, it's tricky without any checkpoints.

Dude stop trolling!

"An E74 error is indicated when the lower-right quadrant of the ring indicator flashes red and displays an error message in multiple languages: "E74 System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support". The error is caused when there's a video problem, because the Xbox 360's hardware scaler chip is damaged. As of April 14, 2009, the E74 error is now covered by the three-year extended warranty, and customers who previously paid Microsoft for out-of-warranty service to correct the E74 error will receive a refund.

It is worth noting that the E74 error is displayed in the Screens of Death article as a "Green Screen of Death" and a "Black Screen of Death" because early versions of these errors had an almost jet-black background with a hue of dark green. Later versions would show a completely jet-black background. Reports of impending Q4 red-light failure stem from users who report an abnormal display with poor, grainy video as well as black dots/artifacts appearing on the screen."

So your xbox should be in the extended 3 year warranty and you should be able to get it repaired for free. However sometimes they still try and charge you for it. When one of my xbox's RROD on me 9 months after having it repaired they tried to charge me and I reminded them repaired consoles have a 1 years warranty and it had been 9 months and they apologised and did it for free and even sent me extra free XBL time.

I was reading the new Game Informer today and they had a big 3-page article on Dead Rising 2 and it's co-op. Can't wait! ^_^

It's a shame they could work on getting it done and out for a summer release, because that would most likely definitely help sales. Instead, they're releasing it at the end of the summer. Those bastards.

I think it is probably good it has been delayed a little but at the same time a little problematic.

Good as it gives them lots of time to work on polishing and testing the game in particular the coop servers to make sure they work well and there are few connection issues. Also at end of summer there is less competition for it.

Sadly however by coming out at the end of August and beginning of September it will be coming out at the tail end of the summer where less games are bought. Furthermore less than a month after Halo: Reach will be coming out which will sell big numbers, but that is the only real big competition for the game and does come out a month or so after.

That's exactly what I thought. It's great that they have more time to work on it, but bad because at the end of summer, not many people, especially ones who go to school, are going to want to buy a new game like that, that they know will consume a lot of their time. I'll still get it on Day 1 most likely, but regardless. :shrugs:

Pokémon Black and White look interesting.

Look like proper 3D which is awesome..

Also I am not much of an Achievement/ Trophy Whore. However I will sometimes try and get some on purpose to put my GS higher.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

ohhh and heartGold rules. man pokemon is da shit. STILL!

I've been playing SoulSilver constantly since last Friday, which is when I got it. Last night I migrated over a level 10 Charmander from LeafGreen and after school I turned him into a level 50 Charizard in a little more than an hour...

Dude stop trolling!

"An E74 error is indicated when the lower-right quadrant of the ring indicator flashes red and displays an error message in multiple languages: "E74 System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support". The error is caused when there's a video problem, because the Xbox 360's hardware scaler chip is damaged. As of April 14, 2009, the E74 error is now covered by the three-year extended warranty, and customers who previously paid Microsoft for out-of-warranty service to correct the E74 error will receive a refund.

It is worth noting that the E74 error is displayed in the Screens of Death article as a "Green Screen of Death" and a "Black Screen of Death" because early versions of these errors had an almost jet-black background with a hue of dark green. Later versions would show a completely jet-black background. Reports of impending Q4 red-light failure stem from users who report an abnormal display with poor, grainy video as well as black dots/artifacts appearing on the screen."

So your xbox should be in the extended 3 year warranty and you should be able to get it repaired for free. However sometimes they still try and charge you for it. When one of my xbox's RROD on me 9 months after having it repaired they tried to charge me and I reminded them repaired consoles have a 1 years warranty and it had been 9 months and they apologised and did it for free and even sent me extra free XBL time.

This 3 year warranty might save me, I think I had 1 year extended warranty last year when it Red ringed, was thinking that is over so maybe my xbox days are over, but if there's this 3 year thing I'm back in for L4D 2 and Dead Rising. I think it is is E74, I was too busy saying fuck this to pay attention. thanks for the info.

You guys familiar with The Good Old Games?

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

. It's kinda like Steam.. for PC games of 90's and beyond. Incredibly good digital download service that truly bullshits you not. Very cheap prices and all games come with official expansions(if available) and fine tuned to work in modern computers. Games are 5.99 or 9.99 USD. Even Europeans get to pay in USD<3 So these are virtually free!!

Seriously, at least 25% of the titles they already have available is better than 95% of generic modern 3rd person shooter console shit.