VIDEOGAME Thread...

I agree with Tottenham. Those starters look very poor. It's like they aren't even trying anymore... Those look like the kind of pokemon that you meet early in the game in high doses. So pretty much, they look like shitty common pokemon.

The only one that looks kind of cool is the Grass type.

The problem is, with the previous starter up until D/P.

So Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Chicorita, Totodile, Mudkip, Treeko and Torchic the first forms and second forms mainly looked cool and the full evolution looked badass. You wanted to have them and would have a hard choice choosing because they looked cool.

With D/P and B/W the starters look so bad its difficult to choose as you want the one which doesn't look as bad as the others and even half of their evolutions look crap.

Anyone here picking up Red Dead Redemption next week?

It's getting some incredible reviews but I get the feeling it might not sell as well as people think, just doesn't seem to be enough hype.

I disagree. I think it will sell alot but not huge numbers.

Aside from Alan Wake it is the only game I see advertised currently and both of them have been given a big push.

Also games like Red Dead Redemption usually start off slow and then build up alot of sales through word of mouth and then sustain the sales. Personally I think it will be game of the summer.

And I will be getting it to get over the end of the Halo: Reach Beta :lol: its the beginning of a good summer of gaming.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

I usually make my decision when I see their final evolution.

Which is why I am confused I chose Piplup as Empoleon looks really strange.

I actually don't mind Empoleon. He was the first one I started with.

I think he looks fine in game but they made him look retarded in the tv show.

Looking back Chimchar looked great as did all of his evolutions.

i was going to buy the newest splinter cell but i hate buying games for 55 euros and them only lasting about 5 hours :(

so i might just wait for red dead redemption :)

I see your point but Splinter Cell surprised me.

A few reviews complained it was too short but if you play it on realistic the campaign is 7-8 hours and a 4-6 hour coop campaign with a separate story isnt that bad

Saw some new screens from Pokémon Black and White, in particular battle screens and to be honest I think the graphics are a joke, the are still really similar to HG/SS/D/P graphics but your Pokémon in your team looks stupidly pixillated when compared to the other games.

pokemon-black-white-screens-20100514085850104_640w.jpg

Its a poor quality picture but you can still see your team is very pixillated when compared to the HG/SS/D/P generation.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Saw some new screens from Pokémon Black and White, in particular battle screens and to be honest I think the graphics are a joke, the are still really similar to HG/SS/D/P graphics but your Pokémon in your team looks stupidly pixillated when compared to the other games.

Its a poor quality picture but you can still see your team is very pixillated when compared to the HG/SS/D/P generation.

Have you considered the screen was on the DSXL or whatever it's called. It has a larger screen but the same resolution so games are more pixelated.

That is a point but then al the pixel would be upscaled and from the detail in the writing and opposing Pokémon it is clear this hasn't happened.

Compare that picture to this and it is clear to see that your Pokémon is far more pixellated than it should be.

pokemon-soulsilver-screens-20100126011315291_640w.jpg

Watduhhell

I doubt they'll actually end up looking that bad. The game is still far from release.

Let's hope at least...

That is a point but then al the pixel would be upscaled and from the detail in the writing and opposing Pokémon it is clear this hasn't happened.

Compare that picture to this and it is clear to see that your Pokémon is far more pixellated than it should be.

pokemon-soulsilver-screens-20100126011315291_640w.jpg

That is pretty bad. It'll prolly get updated soon enough, I suspect they're going for the mechanics first then upping the graphics.

Plus, that battle there will be epic.