VIDEOGAME Thread...

the pokemon thread?

not sure what i think about god of war, i'm finished the first and started on the second. i don't love it, but for some reason i keep going back to play it? i think i just expected more from it after all its hype

Pokemon fans are never happy.

I'm just thankful Gamefreak have actually done something to the Pokemon formula rather than continually rehashan (although, I don't mind rehashed Pokemon games).

Now all we need is a Pokemon game where you can actually control the movement of your Pokemon. Then I can die a happy man.

>game based off of a movie based off of a game

Enjoy your disappointment.

New Prince of Persia game isnt based on the movie."The game is an interquel, taking place in the seven year gap between The Sands of Time and Warrior Within"

Midnight Release tomorrow for RDR! ^_^

Im going. I've never been to one though, The store is 5 minutes from my house, if i leave at like 11:50, would that be fine?

Depends on how high in demand the game is in your area, and how long you want to wait in line. If you know a bunch of people will be there, then I'd suggest leaving before that. But if you don't mind waiting in line longer, than that should be fine.

Midnight releases are pretty fun sometimes. Occasionally they'll give out little prizes and stuff.

Midnight Release tomorrow for RDR! ^_^

Im going. I've never been to one though, The store is 5 minutes from my house, if i leave at like 11:50, would that be fine?

Depends on how high in demand the game is in your area, and how long you want to wait in line. If you know a bunch of people will be there, then I'd suggest leaving before that. But if you don't mind waiting in line longer, than that should be fine.

Midnight releases are pretty fun sometimes. Occasionally they'll give out little prizes and stuff.

Honestly i dont think it will be that big of a demand. I dont live in a spanish/black/asian area but the place where the gamestop is, is VERY spanish/black/asian populated over there and i don't think those races are fans of cowboys/westerns.

apparently if you use cheats in RDD you won't be allowed save your game :( in a game like this i think that's stupid. its like in GTA, alot of the cheats are great for when you're finished the game and just want to roam around having a great time. i assume its because of trophies and achievements :(

apparently if you use cheats in RDD you won't be allowed save your game :( in a game like this i think that's stupid. its like in GTA, alot of the cheats are great for when you're finished the game and just want to roam around having a great time. i assume its because of trophies and achievements :(

GTA made it that some achievements were unattainable when you used cheats.

Yeah, even in San Andreas, if you used alot of cheats you were warned it could corrupt a game save when you entered them.

i know, i thought that system was better. personally i care more about messing about and having fun in a game than getting trophies, but i know some people enjoy it

Red Dead has gotten a 9.8/10 from IGN UK

from what i've read they're encouraging(reminding them that they buy adverts and that the game has already gotten rave review scores from other media outlets) some websites and magazines to give it good reviews. i'm sure and i really really hope this is a frank review, i'll still be buying it either way, but i remember GTA4 was getting all these scores and it was an 8 at best!

i really do hope it kicks ass though, friday can't come fast enough ^_^ been ages since i bought a game at launch :)

Red Dead has gotten a 9.8/10 from IGN UK

from what i've read they're encouraging(reminding them that they buy adverts and that the game has already gotten rave review scores from other media outlets) some websites and magazines to give it good reviews. i'm sure and i really really hope this is a frank review, i'll still be buying it either way, but i remember GTA4 was getting all these scores and it was an 8 at best!

i really do hope it kicks ass though, friday can't come fast enough ^_^ been ages since i bought a game at launch :)

Looking at what they have done with the online multiplayer it is far far superior to GTA4 and it looks to be amazing.

I agree GTA was an 8/8.5 at best, but from what I have seen with Red Dead they have improved it and it has alot more variation than in GTA, both in the missions, when exploring and also activity wise (hunting, cattle herding, poker and more).

>game based off of a movie based off of a game

Enjoy your disappointment.

The game isn't based on the movie. I played for about an hour so far, & I'm enjoying it. I tend to lean more towards the "hack n' slash" games though.