VIDEOGAME Thread...

I've barely played a video game in my life for some reason, but I remember loving sonic adventure 2 on dreamcast yonks ago. What's a great new version of sonic that's not too different from the original? My mates got a ps3 to play it on. Cheers for any tips. :)

Finally got to sit down and play RDR today and loving it, started off with the single player and played that for a few hours ( nearly an hour just playing poker) played some multiplayer and got to level 6. I ended up turning the music off, its so much better without it.

I spend so much time playing Poker and Liar's Dice.

Hell when I first got the game I played 5 hours of free roam with some people and got to level 11 before even going into single player.

Unlike GTA4 the things to do outside of missions are actually fun to do and there is variation.

I spend so much time playing Poker and Liar's Dice.

Hell when I first got the game I played 5 hours of free roam with some people and got to level 11 before even going into single player.

Unlike GTA4 the things to do outside of missions are actually fun to do and there is variation.

totally agree. i spend an hour and a half playing poker last night on it :P

So far I prefer RDR to GTA4, thoughts on that?

Completely agree. GTA4 got boring real fast, the missions were repetitive. The races, drug runs, car stealing and police missions outside of the story were frankly boring and laughable. The minigames like pool, darts, bowling and air hockey were crap where as in RDR the story missions are great with variation. The missions outside of the story are fun with the bounty hunting, night jobs and horse rangling are good, and the minigames like poker, blackjack and horseshoe are damn addictive and can easily spend hours playing them.

The multiplayer blows GTA's out of the water, what they wanted to do in GTA in multiplayer was perfected with RDR's freeroam.

Completely agree. GTA4 got boring real fast, the missions were repetitive. The races, drug runs, car stealing and police missions outside of the story were frankly boring and laughable. The minigames like pool, darts, bowling and air hockey were crap where as in RDR the story missions are great with variation. The missions outside of the story are fun with the bounty hunting, night jobs and horse rangling are good, and the minigames like poker, blackjack and horseshoe are damn addictive and can easily spend hours playing them.

The multiplayer blows GTA's out of the water, what they wanted to do in GTA in multiplayer was perfected with RDR's freeroam.

I loved GTA4. I spent so many hours playing freeroam with my friends, that's where I really got my money's worth. I'm looking forward to getting RDR as well, I'm expecting great things :D

I loved GTA4. I spent so many hours playing freeroam with my friends, that's where I really got my money's worth. I'm looking forward to getting RDR as well, I'm expecting great things :D

RDR freeroam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA's

There is so much you can do, hunting with friends, attacking gang hideouts or just chilling.

GTA's seemed like the city was a bit dead in freeroam, its alive in RDR and its spectacular.

I've been enjoying the new Blur game. It's like Project Gotham Racing meets Mario Kart. 4 hours went by yesterday before I even realized it! I tried playing the new UFC online and experienced so much lag it was basically unplayable :angry: